Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.We don't know when or if Rose will be back.
2. You can't guarantee Sanches and Sergi will perform from day 1. We signed 4 players last season and only 1 did.
3. Our competitors have improved their squad so the argument has to be relative to theirs.
4. We had good team last season with excellent performances and results but we didn't win anything. Therefore, we need to improve the squad to win a trophy.
5. We have taken care of the defence but not the attack. Janssen and Sissoko weren't good enough last season is a fact. We don't know what is the attacking side is going to be this season.

So any player our competitors sign automatically works out. For us we have to hope it does?

Am I doing this right?

Last edited:
Simple question. Do you think the matchday experience is:

A - better when we were shit?

Or

B - better now we're good?

I don't think it's that simple.
I fell in love with going to Spurs as a kid but we were quite good then.
I had fun back in the late 80s and through the 90s when we were awful.
Loved watching Bale, Modric, VDV. We were decent then.

Now we have the best team I can remember but we play at Wembley which is bloody awful for a football atmosphere.

So option C. When we were good, the floodlights were in the ground, and I was young and not cynical.

But next year might be option D when the Lane is resurrected!

1. The 2 new signings have to prove their value first.
2. If Spurs is playing in the SPL then we don't need to sign £20m plus players and we will win lots of trophies. it's relevant as you have to look around you.
3. With Rose missing, you can't say our squad is better.
4. The attacking players on the bench has to improved.

That's twice you've mentioned Rose's injury now as a reason for why our squad is weaker this season. Have you magically forgotten that he missed a load of last season too with an injury? That has absolutely no influence on whether the squad is weaker or not.

Don Giovanni Don Giovanni stop kissing me. I'm not interested.

Dave-Chappelle-Pushes-Girl-Out-of-the-Way-In-Club.gif

I think ten kisses in a day is the equivalent of a blowjob. Hit 30 and he's practically offering you his ass, already lubed up and gaping for whatever size pecker you may or may not have.

Disappointing though. I prefer it without lube :ledleylick:

Saying overseas players with no premiership experience are better than experienced premier league players is a bit of a leap of faith.
Of course, because no one outside the Premier League can be better than the great Premier League players.

What a classic 'Premface'.

How about the Champions League? Where Aurier has thrived? Where he had Cristiano Ronaldo in his pocket?

1. The 2 new signings have to prove their value first.
2. If Spurs is playing in the SPL then we don't need to sign £20m plus players and we will win lots of trophies. it's relevant as you have to look around you.
3. With Rose missing, you can't say our squad is better.
4. The attacking players on the bench has to improved.
Danny Rose is part of our squad. Until he's not.

Saying Spurs' squad is stronger than last year is comparing two squads. Spurs 16/17 and Spurs 17/18. I am not making the comment based on our competitors.

Whether the attackers have to be improved has no bearing on my statement.

I haven't met most of them - they don't fucking turn up. And some of them had been on the waiting list for a week. Hardcore.

The ones that don't turn up could just as easily be old ST holders though.
The Trust were actively saying give them a pass this season so they don't have to go.
Makes perfect sense to me some of those seats will be the old ST holders.

And yeah some had waited 6 months and others 10 years but that's not the fault of the individual is it.
Don't think anybody expected to get an ST so quickly if they were at 60k on the list last season.

I know I didn't.

Of course, because no one outside the Premier League can be better than the great Premier League players.

What a classic 'Premface'.

How about the Champions League? Where Aurier has thrived? Where he had Cristiano Ronaldo in his pocket?

No but there has been no end of "big names" who have been dogshit, as a spurs fan surely you should be more aware of this than anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom