Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always have a soft spot for Gylfi - I'm glad he won't need saving from the Championship this summer!

If he'd be happy to rotate with Eriksen then I can't see the harm... the club staff seem to think highly of him from his time here (and Ledley even made him his best man!)

Ledley-King-gets-married-surrounded-by-ex-team-mates.jpg

I'd be very disappointed if we lost out on Sessegnon to Liverpool. He's just turned 17 so will be getting his first car soon and will no doubt learn to appreciate the value of hub caps, so hopefully that could swing it in our favour.

The fact Woolwich are now begging billionaires to help them out is absolutely pathetic. Ian Wright somehow thinking a new owner will magically change them. How? Money?

""We need an owner like Abramovich, who wants to win." You mean someone who is willing to throw money at nothing more than a pet project that soothes his ego?

Has football just become a game of finding the richest owner who will spunk the most money? Where's the pride in that?

People can hate Levy and our transfer dealings all they like, but at least we do it the right way. This is why "One of our own" chant really symbolizes this club, compared to others. Begging for a rich owner to come in and save you, have some fucking pride. We've worked on a shoe string and managed to get this far.

If Walker leaves this summer we'll do what we always do. Reinvest the money and try to buy smart. We won't beg Lewis for an extra £40 million. Never had more contempt for Woolwich in my life.

I'd love Gylfi back as competition and cover for Eriksen but I'd be disappointed if he was our only addition in the attacking areas.

We need to add something different. A Mane type. That's should be our priority above all else imo.

Gylfi would be ideal to be honest. We're seriously lacking depth and he can provide us with a real substitute for Eriksen.

Let's say I'm Siggy.

I moved here, didn't get much game time. Left for more game time.

Why would I come back to be a substitute?

The wages aren't going to be huge. Game time will be limited. I'm not the main man at Spurs.

I love Siggy and was really pissed off when he sold him. But for that price i would rather sign Barkley, who i think under Poch could be a fantastic player.
I agree. If it's one or the other, I'd rather have Barkley. Either would bee a great addition though. As last season showed, our squad don't have nearly enough depth to compete in Europe's top competition. No more pointless punts on Clinton Njie's or GKN's. We need more quality players ready to slot in as required like these two guys.

Last edited:
Remember we have lamela too so that's another AM spot used up along with son, eriksen and dele. Edwards will be needing game time too. I just can't see him getting anything out of coming back with our formation and players. Gkn will need game time too if he stays.

If he's a player Poch wants, I couldn't give a fuck what we pay for him. It ain't my money.

But it's your club. It belongs to all of us.

If we spunk money we don't have or can't afford, the debtors don't come for ENIC - they come for Tottenham Hotspur.

If you want the club to still exist in 20 years time, you have to trust and accept how it is run. That's what you're gambling with. It even almost happened in the early 90's, ffs.

Last edited:
I saw an article stating danny Murphy has inside knowledge that rose,Walker and Dier want to leave. Surely if this was false, it would be a form of defamation and then becomes a legal matter? If the world of football is not quite there yet with sueing the media then I wouldn't be suprised to see it in another few more years. Or am I being ridiculous

I won't shed any tears. It's not really worked out & even though I'd be happy to give him another season to show his worth (following a half decent display on Thursday), he can fuck off if he thinks he can do better.

If Barcelona come calling Levy will probably Ryanair him to El Prat personally.

I saw an article stating danny Murphy has inside knowledge that rose,Walker and Dier want to leave. Surely if this was false, it would be a form of defamation and then becomes a legal matter? If the world of football is not quite there yet with sueing the media then I wouldn't be suprised to see it in another few more years. Or am I being ridiculous
Danny Murphy's a bellend.

Apart from Walker supposedly wanting more money and the North. Where do Rose and Dier see themselves going? Rose could go to a foreign elite side. Dier would be lucky to get a move to a club better than us, which in reality isn't anyone in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom