Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw an article stating danny Murphy has inside knowledge that rose,Walker and Dier want to leave. Surely if this was false, it would be a form of defamation and then becomes a legal matter? If the world of football is not quite there yet with sueing the media then I wouldn't be suprised to see it in another few more years. Or am I being ridiculous

I think Bayern have started legal proceedings for something similar (Kimmich transfer gossip) - could be a landmark case?

About time really - it's just pure bullshit and lies in transfer news these days

Apart from Walker supposedly wanting more money and the North. Where do Rose and Dier see themselves going? Rose could go to a foreign elite side. Dier would be lucky to get a move to a club better than us, which in reality isn't anyone in the PL.

Disagree with that Dier is good enough to play for a Bayern or an Atleti he's class

Maybe but do you see my point. Does American sports have to deal with this kind of speculation in the media the same way we do? If not I reckon it's because of legal issues

Yes, we've got the same thing here, but it's been fairly well accepted that whatever espn puts in the "rumor central" blog about popular sport x and popular player y is usually wild speculation. I doubt it's worth it to anyone in any organization to make an issue of nonsense on the internet.

But it's your club. It belongs to all of us.
If we spunk money we don't have our can't afford, the debtors don't come for ENIC - they come for Tottenham Hotspur.
If you want the club to still exist in 20 years time, you have to trust and accept how it is run. That's what you're gambling with. It even almost happened in the early 90's, ffs.
Yes. So if we threw 25 big ones at Siggy, it's obviously because it's within the clubs budget to do so. We both know Levy would not jeopardise the clubs financial position. Hence my bemusement at people on here worrying about the transfer fee !

Yes. So if we threw 25 big ones at Siggy, it's obviously because it's within the clubs budget to do so. We both know Levy would not jeopardise the clubs financial position. Hence my bemusement at people on here worrying about the transfer fee !

Oh right, fair enough.

I think it's more to do with making the most out of what we have. Even though £25m isn't "a lot" in transfer fees these days, I think I'd rather we not spend that kind of money on a player we don't really need. I can't see him fitting in anywhere but on a wing, which we tried before and he's shit at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom