Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loaning back Sessegnon would be a great decision.

Continues his development in a team that will give him game time.

We have Davies backing up Rose and Kyle Walker-Peters who's shown he's capable of playing left back. Give it another year, Davies moves into central defence back up, Sessegnon will be 18 and ready to back up Rose after two successful years of playing first team football at a Championship club.

Even better if Fulham end up getting promoted and perhaps getting a third loan.

Cryptic ITK bullshit incoming...

Who: The Goat
When: 15th June
Where: SC

It's your life Brian, Romeo & Juliet are together on that.

What the actual fuck?

What's the fucking point of a cryptic clue about one of our own players?

Their justification for this shit used to be people protecting their source's......the press have been saying for months that United would like to sign Dier

Such a load of bollocks

Klassen has to be Barkleys replacement. It's all gone quiet on his future, and they seem to be spending a lot.

I would actually like Barkley. Under Poch he could be incredible, and it's a big improvement to our squad.

Klassen has to be Barkleys replacement. It's all gone quiet on his future, and they seem to be spending a lot.

I would actually like Barkley. Under Poch he could be incredible, and it's a big improvement to our squad.

I think you're right in that he's Barkley's replacement - pretty sure Koeman gave Barkley an ultimatum on his contract and as far as I'm aware, he hasn't signed a new deal.

Wonder where he ends up. I don't think it's here.

I think you're right in that he's Barkley's replacement - pretty sure Koeman gave Barkley an ultimatum on his contract and as far as I'm aware, he hasn't signed a new deal.

Wonder where he ends up. I don't think it's here.

I can't see there being too many places for a player like Barkley to develop other than Tottenham. However, I think Poch has different players lined up.

I think Lemar is a genuine target, as is a striker. If we have some left over then maybe Barkley will come.

I can't see there being too many places for a player like Barkley to develop other than Tottenham. However, I think Poch has different players lined up.

I think Lemar is a genuine target, as is a striker. If we have some left over then maybe Barkley will come.
I think Woolwich would go for Barkley.

What's the fucking point of a cryptic clue about one of our own players?

Their justification for this shit used to be people protecting their source's......the press have been saying for months that United would like to sign Dier

Such a load of bollocks

It might not even be that, it's just what people seem to have accepted as most likely, even if it's unlikely

I was trying to avoid that one!

That's a bit like saying Van Dijk and Wayama are proof that the SPL isn't full of shite, though.

Point is, looking good in the Eredivisie means nothing, as there have been quite a few flops. I'm not even sure Klaasen is anywhere near the level Eriksen was, either

Equally as many Brazilian flops, Italian flops, Spanish flops... Klaasen comes from Ajax so more than likely to be better than your hyped Dutchman. Good luck to him, just glad we're well stocked in midfield. Don't see him as the player to give Eriksen some competition.

Eredivise gets a hard time.

If you scout a player correctly, you won't buy a dud.

van Nistelrooy, Luis Suarez, Robben, Overmars, Stam, Eriksen, Vertonghen.

Just a few who were CONSISTENTLY playing well in the league. All clearly technically brilliant. When you start signing someone like Afonso Alves who had ONE good season or a Vincent Janssen who has had ONE good season, in fact one good HALF a season, it's a risk. Altidore had a good two seasons but was shit EVERYWHERE else before that and is technically wank.

You can't tell if a player is ready for a league like the Premier League after one good season in the Dutch league, anything else is just a gamble. Signing the likes of Dolberg, Sanchez or any other young talent who showed promise at Ajax for example would be a gamble regardless of how good they look. Signing Luis Suarez or a Christian Eriksen though at the time they were signed, were not.

Viktor Fischer had a GREAT debut season for Ajax, yet had trouble with injuries, never hit those heights again and flopped at Middsbrough.

No one has had one good season in the Dutch league, been signed and been a success in this league. Not that I can think of at the top of my head anyway. I think a lot of the time, the choice of team also matters. Kezman a big example of this, you don't lose your ability to finish. He was signed by Chelsea, in a system that doesn't suit him and hardly started. Huntelaar is another, though still showed he was an absolute predator at clubs like Madrid, Milan and Schalke.

If we have some left over then maybe Barkley will come.
Poch: well it's been a great window Daniel. We've got all our main targets and strengthened the key areas we discussed.
:pochsmirk:

Levy: but I've got this spare 50m left over and it's burning a hole in my pocket. Go on, have a little splurge.
:levywtf:

Poch: but what about the stadium. I thought u said we had to run a tight ship?
:pochunimpressed:

Levy: 2 words Mauricio. "Cheese Room". This puppy will practically pay for itself.
:levylol:

Poch: well if you insist. 1 Ross Barkley please.
:pochlol:

Poch: well it's been a great window Daniel. We've got all our main targets and strengthened the key areas we discussed.
:pochsmirk:

Levy: but I've got this spare 50m left over and it's burning a hole in my pocket. Go on, have a little splurge.

Poch: but what about the stadium. I thought u said we had to run a tight ship?
:pochunimpressed:

Levy: 2 words Mauricio. "Cheese Room". This puppy will practically pay for itself.

Poch: well if you insist. 1 Ross Barkley please.
:pochlol:

"OK, Mauricio - not a problem"

"Afternoon Bill, I'll give you £2m for Barkley, not a penny more"

"Well Daniel, Gnarls puts on a good show , but for you my dear sure £2m it is ,"

I'm like Levy on computer games.

"£3m, take it or leave it"
AI manager demands £15m up front

"£2m up front, with bonuses after 50 goals and 50 caps taking it potentially to £7m"
AI manager demands £14m up front with 20% sell on

"£1m up front, £5m after 50 international goals, 5% of future profit, £2m after 50 international goals"
AI manager states player not for sale

:pochrolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom