Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully not given the general standard of their academy output. The simple reality is that acadmey prospects have little hope at any of the elite clubs. And it has absolutely no bearing on Uniteds transfer activity, as I said before they are in their Galitico phase. They would readily sign Kane and not give a seconds thought to Rashford. Just remember who their manager is as well.

Where does this supposed 'Galactico'' phase come from?

Ibrahimovic aside who pretty much carried them last season and doesn't look like hill will be there next, they are one of the worst Man Utd teams I can remember going to Big Ron.

And their manager is someone who traditionally wrecks sides with his divisive management style and leaves after 2/3 years before he is pushed out.

This is exactly what confuses me in this argument....people have made statements regarding signing players to directly improve the first team.

But apparently no one needs dropping or rotating, and they are not squad cover.

Maybe we are going with the new 3213421 formation next season

Personally I can't see who we can go out and buy who can improve our side immediately as there is no knowing how they will perform either in the Premier League or cope with Poch's demanding style of play. You can do your research and make your best judgement but there are no guarantees.

We are not going to go out there and spend 40-80 million each on the world's supposed best players as that is not our club. We have built our success on the team spirit and desire to work for each other and that is hard to judge when buying in someone new.

I think our best option is strengthening our squad giving us better options of the bench with players who want to play for Spurs. Hopefully some of them then become first team players who push the established players for their place, e.g Son.

If someone comes available though (and I've got no idea who) that Poch and his team think could be a starter for us and move us on then great go for him but the way we play and have to play against the different sides we face means there is rarely a settled first XI. Its about the flexibilty and adaptability to change according to what is needed and the competition we are up against.

Hope that makes sense.....:pochunimpressed:

Where does this supposed 'Galactico'' phase come from?

Ibrahimovic aside who pretty much carried them last season and doesn't look like hill will be there next, they are one of the worst Man Utd teams I can remember going to Big Ron.

And their manager is someone who traditionally wrecks sides with his divisive management style and leaves after 2/3 years before he is pushed out.

From the fact that have signed the likes of Di Maria, Falcao, Pogba, Ibramhamovic and Pogba in recent seasons. They have either smashed transfer fees or paid hugely excessive salaries. Had a transfer ban not been impose on Atheltico they would have most likely added Griezmann to the mix. Ferguson used to spend but his only real move into the elite player market was Veron.

And we can level statements about this being the worst United side but in the last 12 months they have won the FA Cup, UEFA cup and league cup which is often a platform to greater things ( a lesson we continually fail to learn). The whole 3 year argument against Mourhino is a hollow one given that the average tenure of a league manager is just 423 days. They have already spent £30 million on a defender and the window has only been open 2 weeks. I suspect that figure is going to increase massively over the summer. At some point it is going happen for them, it is inevitable.

What are you talking about?
Ive said a million times, specifically to you and kingdawson that I would swap out the unused fringe players, like Njie, Wimmer, Nkoudou and possibly Onomah if he's not in our plans.

So tell me, what are you on about? Why are you talking about the academy players? I want Winks to get more game time, rather than sign Barkley for example. Said it several times to you....you want Barkley, and Kingdawson would rather Fabregas.
I fully support our academy.
No you want to kill off the academy, you just want more youth players from outside clubs, more more more.

From the fact that have signed the likes of Di Maria, Falcao, Pogba, Ibramhamovic and Pogba in recent seasons

The good one is old, injured and on 20M a year wages.

The others cost a combined 180M and are shite. Utd have no policy or identity.

The chosen one, the weirdo and the special one have created a big fat pile of garbage where SAF once had the pride of world football.

The window isn't even open until 1st July BTW. All these 'done deals' are just announcing that on July 1st they will become a 'insert team name here' player.

Anyone thinking that Kane is going anywhere this summer is not a particularly good spurs fan.

The good one is old, injured and on 20M a year wages.

The others cost a combined 180M and are shite. Utd have no policy or identity.

The chosen one, the weirdo and the special one have created a big fat pile of garbage where SAF once had the pride of world football.

Well do they have a policy because I stated this is their Galtico phase. And United have won the FA Cup, UEFA cup and league cup in the last 12 months. I really don't think we are in a position to be sneering at them when they are making the most of an average side and we are not capitalising on the talent we have.

Last edited:
Well do they have a policy because I stated this is their Galtico phase. And this big fat pile of garbage has won the FA Cup, UEFA cup and league cup in the last 12 months. I really don't think we are in a position to be sneering at them when they are making the most of an average side and we are not capitalising on the talent we have.
I've given their cup double credit in two posts directly to you.

Galactico phase, LOL. Lingard, Fellaini, Pogba, Blind fuck me

The fact they can't even qualify for the CL through the league says it all.

Sorry Spurs are not capitalising on our talent? What?

Maybe i will just do the worst and give something into perspective. I can actually think we can improve by changing Eric Dier from the first XI. Not saying anything bad about it, i just think we need another dimension. I see us playing 433. Wanyama Dembele and Dier form the 2 with another top midfield beside them! Thers your answer, please commence.

Thick as pig shit.

It's amusing to watch you realise that you have been advocating squad cover the whole time.

You really believe your theory is on a higher plain? Once again, there is nothing to get.

You want to improve the first team with a player and you are flat out denying that someone needs to be replaced for that to happen.
It's comical.

Maybe i will just do the worst and give something into perspective. I can actually think we can improve by changing Eric Dier from the first XI. Not saying anything bad about it, i just think we need another dimension. I see us playing 433. Wanyama Dembele and Dier form the 2 with another top midfield beside them! Thers your answer, please commence.
At least you have the bollocks to say you would replace someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom