Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many more pages without any transfer news? I cannot recall when I last saw no transfer dealings in the summer for our club and expect activity. What that will be I do not know as the club give little away. I did not expect Chadli to be sold last season and had we kept him we did not need to buy Sissoko. I have never heard Poch talk about the first 11 and do not think he looks at it like that. For him I believe it is players ready for first team action or young players bought for the future. Poch will not consider Walker or Son were dropped when they did not play.
Are our youngsters ready for first team action? Well Winks certainly is but the rest have yet to prove it and if you study what happened in the past seasons they get chances in pre season friendlies and will get a chance to play if Poch thinks they are good enough irrespective if it means someone more experienced misses out. If and it is a massive if ( could be rated funny) Janssen suddenly goes on a goal scoring run whilst Kane is injured will he get dropped or will Poch try and accomodate both ? Wanyama and Son played much more that I expected last season.
Moving on to the question of silverware. Listen to what the players are saying. Quotes such as I believe we can win things at Tottenham. Keeping the team together is a worry with other clubs prepared to double their wages. If we win a cup next season it will help keep the team together and make me very happy (not if we end up 5th in the league but that is why we need more quality players to do both)
Can we not get this thread back to discussing transfer possibilities in and out.

How many more pages without any transfer news?

(Insert many paragraphs here that contributes to pages without transfer news)

Can we not get this thread back to discussing transfer possibilities in and out.

cIMEM0z.gif

Ezra Konsa , us and some Europa league teams are looking to pry him from Charlton

I know nowt about him apart from if you say his name over & over it's sounds like some cult chant

I wish I shared you confidence but most pundits and the book makers would say otherwise.

you sound like those cunts in the media
A seriously flawed team that consisted of Bale, Modric, VDV, Sandro, Lennon, King, that finished 4th, 5th and 4th and got to a CL quarter final in its first season in the tournament? Some flaws that.

That team were great going forward but couldn't defend for toffee despite having king!!

He was in the U19 team that just won the U19 World Cup I think

That's the chap .

Obviously I can't say too much as it's at a very delicate situation & I've been told that if too much gets out, a puppy farm will be destroyed

48 hours , it should be clearer

This quote gives me pleasant stirrings in my trouser area.

:ledleylick:

More please.

Our first eleven boys have been with us on average 5,3 years, arriving at an average age of just over 21 years, costing a total of 0.94 Pogbas. These non-mercenary Spurs lads went on to achieve a record high +60 goals gd and 86 points.

But we should be dissapointed and ashamed for not winning the league cup.

For those whining about no transfer gossip, this one comes from GreyFox. Take it with a bucket of salt if you're a misery, but it's a bit of goss for people who are clucking for their next fix

been told Lamar deal not dead there is still some hope apparently he hasn't made his mind up yet and doesn't get on with Lacezzet. Sessignon still making his mind up, but our offer and one other been accepted. Take a little pinch of salt with these two bits of info

Thr highest fee we've paid for a member of our first eleven is £15m for Dembele. Second highest is £12m for Lloris.

Other transfers above £12m in the history of our club:
16,5 Darren Bent 06/07
16,6 Luka Modric 07/08
14 Roman Pavlyuchenko 08/09
15 David Bentley 08/09
15 Jermaine Defoe 08/09
25,8 Erik Lamela 13/14
25,8 Roberto Soldado 13/14
17 Paulinho 13/14
12,2 Clinton N'Jie 15/16
22 Son Heung-min 15/16
17 Vincent Janssen 16/17
30 Moussa Sissoko 16/17

Another one worth mentioning is:
11 Sergei Rebrov 99/00

I think it's fair to say that spunking big money is not the way for us to be succesful. We do better when we go for a smaller investment, with the long term in mind. And with today's setup, including facilities, management and coaching staff and squad, we're in a better position to be successful with that approach than ever before.

For those whining about no transfer gossip, this one comes from GreyFox. Take it with a bucket of salt if you're a misery, but it's a bit of goss for people who are clucking for their next fix
You'd think being "ITK", he'd know how to spell their names?

3/3 wrong is pretty impressive! :pocheyes:

Unless we're signing different players then this guy is da bomb when it comes to ITK. it's a Levy trick, we'll think we've signed Lemar, when in fact we've got a shittier 'Lamar'. :levylol:

Thr highest fee we've paid for a member of our first eleven is £15m for Dembele. Second highest is £12m for Lloris.

Other transfers above £12m in the history of our club:
16,5 Darren Bent 06/07
16,6 Luka Modric 07/08
14 Roman Pavlyuchenko 08/09
15 David Bentley 08/09
15 Jermaine Defoe 08/09
25,8 Erik Lamela 13/14
25,8 Roberto Soldado 13/14
17 Paulinho 13/14
12,2 Clinton N'Jie 15/16
22 Son Heung-min 15/16
17 Vincent Janssen 16/17
30 Moussa Sissoko 16/17

Another one worth mentioning is:
11 Sergei Rebrov 99/00

I think it's fair to say that spunking big money is not the way for us to be succesful. We do better when we go for a smaller investment, with the long term in mind. And with today's setup, including facilities, management and coaching staff and squad, we're in a better position to be successful with that approach than ever before.

I think Son has been successful and can be considered part of the first 11, Modric was successful, Defoe was successful, Janssen hasn't even got started yet.

Every club has hits and misses. Liverpool spent £35m on Andy Carroll.

You'd think being "ITK", he'd know how to spell their names?

3/3 wrong is pretty impressive! :pocheyes:

Unless we're signing different players then this guy is da bomb when it comes to ITK. it's a Levy trick, we'll think we've signed Lemar, when in fact we've got a shittier 'Lamar'. :levylol:

In fairness, David Gold is pretty ITK at West Ham, and he can only just spell 'dg'.

:townhmm:

So statistically we've been the best team in the PL over the past two seasons

(I think one of you clever chaps posted a chart recently)

3rd 2015/2016
2nd 2016/2017

1st next season?
We deserve it and yes it would have been nice to have picked up a few minor trophies on the way but worth waiting for the big one!

I personally hope we get Berkeley but not too concerned if we don't as maybe Poch can get the best out of Sissoko and Janssen after an uninterrupted pre season

Having Rose and Lamela back fully recovered would be the best signings we could make

Allegedly, we are front runners for Barcelona youngster Carles Aleñá, a 19 year old central midfielder.

They say he's got a €3m release clause turning into a €12m release clause 1. July.

Never seen him play but from reading up on him he seems mustard. Moreover at £3m surely it's a no brainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom