Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so confused on the situation. So much points towards him leaving, and he is a Nike athlete, but then I saw this which made me think he'll stay there

It would make absolutely no sense. Why would they need 4 players who are number 10's?? Ok maybe they will play Rooney up front (which would be tragic) but still...3 players expecting to start vying for 1 position.

Last edited:
It would make absolutely sense. Why would they need 4 players who are number 10's?? Ok maybe they will play Rooney up front (which would be tragic) but still...3 players expecting to start vying for 1 position.

They do seem a bit in need of trimming, even with squad depth. A cursory glance shows the first team as roughly

GK: Pickford/Stekelenburg/Robles

DF: Baines/Coleman/Keane/Williams/Holgate/Jagielka/Pennington/Funes Mori/Garbutt

MF: Barkley/Schneiderlin/Klaassen/Davies/Gueye/Barry/Lennon/Besic/McGeady/McCarthy/Siggy?

FW: Ramirez/Bolasie/Rooney/Lookman/Mirallas/Niasse/Calvert-Lewin

They do seem a bit in need of trimming, even with squad depth. A cursory glance shows the first team as roughly

GK: Pickford/Stekelenburg/Robles

DF: Baines/Coleman/Keane/Williams/Holgate/Jagielka/Pennington/Funes Mori/Garbutt

MF: Barkley/Schneiderlin/Klaassen/Davies/Gueye/Barry/Lennon/Besic/McGeady/McCarthy/Siggy?

FW: Ramirez/Bolasie/Rooney/Lookman/Mirallas/Niasse/Calvert-Lewin

It's really not a great squad when you write it down like that. Their forum seem to think otherwise though. Compared to top sides it's quite bad actually.

It's really not a great squad when you write it down like that. Their forum seem to think otherwise though. Compared to top sides it's quite bad actually.

I think Everton have got a lot of good players just very very few really good players.

We have Kane, Toby, Verts, Dembele, Rose, Alli, Lloris and Eriksen. I don't see a single player in their team at that level. What I do see are players at Davies level and alot of them.

Siggy is a good player, but we have Eriksen and if Lamela is ever fit again two top creative number 10's, why buy a third choice, even if it would be a very good third choice.

Only signing this window that has impressed me is Bernardo Silva and Man City don't really need attacking players. I would say Lacazette but he just seems like a very poor mans Sanchez replacement, same with Lukaku replacing Ibrahimovic.

I think Everton have got a lot of good players just very very few really good players.

We have Kane, Toby, Verts, Dembele, Rose, Alli, Lloris and Eriksen. I don't see a single player in their team at that level. What I do see are players at Davies level and alot of them.

Siggy is a good player, but we have Eriksen and if Lamela is ever fit again two top creative number 10's, why buy a third choice, even if it would be a very good third choice.

Only signing this window that has impressed me is Bernardo Silva and Man City don't really need attacking players. I would say Lacazette but he just seems like a very poor mans Sanchez replacement, same with Lukaku replacing Ibrahimovic.
Don't forget Dier he walks in their team either at CB or CM

I reckon Barkley would say anything to get rid of someone now days - last time he spoke to a member of the public in Liverpool they punched him.
Current ITK is saying that Barkley is having second thoughts regarding leaving after seeing what Everton have signed!

Everton will struggle to replace Lukako's goals, unless they have plans for another striker. their attacking mids (Rooney) will have to chip in.

Yep, not a massive fan of Lukaku as he has quite a few big flaws in his game but he is a goalscorer and they are hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom