Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible potential? He's 24 this year not some 18 year old wonderkid. When he first came on the scene he looked excellent but he has not progressed (in fact he's probably regressed). Still think he is decent but not the type of player we need.

I do often wonder though if that lack of progress is because of the teams he has played or managers he has worked under.

Some how get the feeling that being the big fish in his childhood club pond was a bit like he had made it. Possibly a new challenge now that he has grown up a bit might not be a bad thing?

Incredible potential? He's 24 this year not some 18 year old wonderkid. When he first came on the scene he looked excellent but he has not progressed (in fact he's probably regressed). Still think he is decent but not the type of player we need.

Did you not talk about 25 year old Josh King in the same tones?

Why unfortunately? The lads potential is incredible, and Poch is the best man to unlock that.
I think it's a weird move on his behalf though unless he sees Poch as the man to make go to that next level.
On the periphery of the England National team and was a bench warmer at the Euros. I'd assume he has aspirations of being in the team for Russia 2018.

So is swapping clubs to possibly sit on our bench wise on his behalf?
If he comes here he must really rate Poch to risk that. Wilshere has moved to a club that guarantees him a game every week and it's a little lower down than Everton...

Fazio for £2.2m robbery as he's been one of Roma's players of the season hasn't he?

we probably still owe money on Lamela, so hopefully that has been reduced as part of the deal. Otherwise this sort of fee, even £5M makes no sense at all. Fazio is a decent player just unsuited to our system. Can't see why Levy, of all people, would sell for that without it being part of a bigger deal.

With United I think we need to remember they have lost Ibrahimovic who is a better footballer than Lukaku, although now it looks as if his career maybe over.

So the loss of Ibrahimovic to be replaced with Lukaku is at its very best just standing still.

Absolutely true, even Everton fans who are obviously gutted to lose their goalscorer recognize that he doesn't score against the best teams and he is moody and goes missing in some games. I don't seem to remember him ever causing us much trouble. Are we going to fear him at ManU? Doubt it. Ibrahimovic could at least create something special against anyone. It's a mad amount of money on a decent but limited striker, in my view and I'm pleased ManU are signing this sort of player rather than someone better. I expect them to do better next season but I don't think they will be a threat to us.

I dont understand all of these naysayers enviously looking over their shoulders at other teams and moaning , not one player in world football has who has moved this window would get anywhere near our starting 11 , the window nearly has a full 2 months to run and there is a strong case to suggest none of our rivals have actually strengthened. Lukaku replaces Zlatans goals but not his overall influence and aura , ditto with Lacazzete and Sanchez (if he leaves) Chelsea like us have signed nobody , City have signed an expensive unproven goal keeper and an excellent midfielder who plays in a position they are already heavily stacked , their defensive targets seem to be wing backs that excel in an attacking sense but lack defensive prowess and they have a shocking defence that they haven't improved , Liverpool have blown their beans on a player that was a big flop at Chelsea and is unlikely to go straight into the strongest 11 , Everton will sell Lukaku and Barkley , two players who have been key whenever I've seen Everton excel and signed a lot of unproven players of potential none of which are good enough to play for Spurs and I hardly feel threatened if their next signing is a player we deemed not good enough over three years ago.

I still think Chelsea and Spurs are the best two teams if the season started tomorrow and the biggest thing for both sides this summer will be keeping their best players together rather than making massive signings. I think it will be between Us Man U and Chelsea.

Last edited:
The Argentine kids first half against England the other day. Ball playing CB, looks like Argentina went with 3 at the back. A Toby'esk player possibly.

Some of the Argentine jorno's I follow stating terms have been agreed. With Veron (great player) flying to England.

Reminds me just as much of Jan as Toby. Could be the perfect defender and definitely has the attributes we look for in a defender. I reckon this rumour is true.

Reminds me just as much of Jan as Toby. Could be the perfect defender and definitely has the attributes we look for in a defender. I reckon this rumour is true.
tbh I'm quite surprised it took us this long to start being linked with more Argentinian talent considering how long Poch has been with us.

Read a rumor on twitter that his club in Argentina wants a six month loan so he can finish the season over there before reporting over ala Gabriel Jesus. Seems fair to me at least

None of the Everton signings would Start for us. The only player signed in this window for any team that would start for us is Bernardo Silva.
I think many here are under-rating Salah because he "failed in England". But there's failing in England, and failing at Mourinho's Chelsea. KdB, Lukaku, Mata, Cudrado and David Luiz also failed there. Not sure we can purely blame the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom