Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed out on page 666. What am I even doing on here?

qxaYg.gif

Demanding brats " .... Jesus Christ!!!!! No, I have waited donkeys years for Spurs to be a success so it's hardly throwing my toys out the pram. 2 league cups in over 20 years under Daniel Levy's leadership is hardly something to shout about. Yes we are heading in the right direction but you are naive as fuck if you think we don't need strengthening this window.

We struggled last season in the CL and people seem to think we are going wave some magic wand and do better this season without any reinforcements. Gets on my fucking nerves on here where you are labelled a "bad supporter " for feeling underwhelmed by our ridiculously lack of movement in the market when clearly we need to improve the squad
And you get on our nerves when your every post is a moan about the same thing. We get it. We got it the first 40 times you said it.

Demanding brats " .... Jesus Christ!!!!! No, I have waited donkeys years for Spurs to be a success so it's hardly throwing my toys out the pram. 2 league cups in over 20 years under Daniel Levy's leadership is hardly something to shout about. Yes we are heading in the right direction but you are naive as fuck if you think we don't need strengthening this window.

We struggled last season in the CL and people seem to think we are going wave some magic wand and do better this season without any reinforcements. Gets on my fucking nerves on here where you are labelled a "bad supporter " for feeling underwhelmed by our ridiculously lack of movement in the market when clearly we need to improve the squad

Be honest. In all those years of supporting Tottenham did you ever expect to see us win the league and go deep in the CL? I know I didn't. Now that notion isn't regarded as absolutely fucking ridiculous, I'm prepared to trust the people who have made it a possibility.

I'm not against strengthening the squad btw. Who would be?

Your stance is crap.

You wasn't demanding trophies when we were fucking shit was you? You were hoping we would make the EL one day....then you were dreaming of the impossibility that we could break top 4.

Now we mount a title challenge and it's all not good enough?!

Pathetic

Be honest. In all those years of supporting Tottenham did you ever expect to see us win the league and go deep in the CL? I know I didn't. Now that notion isn't regarded as absolutely fucking ridiculous, I'm prepared to trust the people who have made it a possibility.

I'm not against strengthening the squad btw. Who would be?

Seems that way mate. It just seems people are happy by lack of moment and progress when some of us can see we are on the cusp of something big but don't seem to go that extra mile to push for the bigger picture. We will all be fuming if in a few years we are still not winning anything and the likes of Ali/Kane want out which will happen if we fail to progress.

Your stance is crap.

You wasn't demanding trophies when we were fucking shit was you? You were hoping we would make the EL one day....then you were dreaming of the impossibility that we could break too 4.

Now we mount a title challenge and it's all not good enough?!

Pathetic

Don Corleone Don Corleone
Disagree all you want at that post...you want titles because the club has improved to the point of it being possible.

Now it's going too slowly for you.

Crap stance

Seems that way mate. It just seems people are happy by lack of moment and progress when some of us can see we are on the cusp of something big but don't seem to go that extra mile to push for the bigger picture. We will all be fuming if in a few years we are still not winning anything and the likes of Ali/Kane want out which will happen if we fail to progress.

Our progress under Poch has been astonishing. We are on the cusp of something big - it's not only you that has noticed this lol. If you don't want to trust him, then there's not much more I can say.

You're a waste of fucking space, not a Spurs fan. Fuck off!!

Demanding brats " .... Jesus Christ!!!!! No, I have waited donkeys years for Spurs to be a success so it's hardly throwing my toys out the pram.
How many of those years were under Poch?
You are comparing waiting for trophies under Poch to the eras of Gross and Ardiles.

This is the first genuine project in donkeys years and it has yielded 3 seasons of solid progress,
So no you are not being patient and yes you are throwing your toys out the pram

So true - absolutely no patience or rationale. Just a bunch of demanding brats.
Got to disagree there Joe. I think we've been the most patient fans in the country for over 40 years. Probably the only fans of a club of similar size and stature whose patience has been similarly or even more tested is Newcastle Utd.

Cup runs are a matter of luck. Our current squad is better then the one of 2010/2011 when we got to the quarter finals.

We got to a final of a cup a few years back and the semi final of one yesterday. Once again, no idea why not.

When everyone's fit, our depth isn't bad at all. Lamela, Davies, Dier, Janssen, Vorm and perhaps a youngster would make up our bench. Get a signing in there like a Barkley, and it's even greater.
When everyone's fit, and how often is that? It is stated that we only played our so called first 11 twice last season. I cannot remember the last match day that everyone was fit. It does not happen.

Our progress under Poch has been astonishing. We are on the cusp of something big - it's not only you that has noticed this lol. If you don't want to trust him, then there's not much more I can say.

Who said anything about not trusting Poch ? My beef mostly is with that tight cunt Levy who I feel has held us back over the years. 2 league cups under his leadership in over 20 years is ridiculous for a club of our size.

Got to disagree there Joe. I think we've been the most patient fans in the country for over 40 years. Probably the only fans of a club of similar size and stature whose patience has been similarly tested is Newcastle Utd.

I wasn't referring to everyone. In the main our fans have been very patient I absolutely agree, but I don't understand why certain people are losing their shit now. Poch ain't going anywhere, we are building something massive, but it isn't going to happen all at once. Can't we be patient for a little while longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom