Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Maybe it is more important to establish ourselves as a PL contender and as a solid CL presence first. Would people rather we rush out to make whatever signing we can and do another "magnificent 7" sweep? That worked out well.

I don't think anyone is against buying new players. But it shouldn't just be any old pig in a sack, but someone who can enhance the squad be it from the bench or as a starter. Allow it to take time. The club is not going to disintegrate FFS. We're the closest thing to a Dortmund or Atletico in England right now. Would we rather the course to success be meticulously planned and relative smooth sailing, or rushed and we hit every single reef in the sea?

Thank you. Atleast there are some Spurs fans that can see sense.
Sense?

You have no solution, but you are speaking sense?

You have no idea how much money the club has, but you want to spend x amount on MR X because you don't even know who you want to sign or for how much or who he will improve on or where he will play.

But Levy is a tight cunt.

Sense speaking, yes now I see it

Yes it is, completely agree, but he's delivering now in my opinion. Team and stadium.

Delivering on the financial front yes but we still don't win trophies mate. This club needs to start winning silver wear otherwise our top players will get fed up and we will back to square one again. How are we supposed to progress and win trophies if the chairman is coming out saying we can't find players to improve our squad ?

Your very fucking welcome, mate
conup.gif

I wasn't referring to everyone. In the main our fans have been very patient I absolutely agree, but I don't understand why certain people are losing their shit now. Poch ain't going anywhere, we are building something massive, but it isn't going to happen all at once. Can't we be patient for a little while longer?
I really fucking hope Poch aint going nowhere. But a few bad results and I can see a few fans on his back and we know he could walk into another job if he so wished. We also know who also gets of scot free when this happens. And yes, I have conceded I was wrong on the stadium. That's something I really will give Levy credit for

Also, for those involved in the daily cuntoff.

Extra ! and ? does not make your words come off as more serious. NEITHER DOES WRITING IN ALL CAPS.

That is all. Carry on cunting off

Sense?

You have no solution, but you are speaking sense?

You have no idea how much money the club has, but you want to spend x amount on MR X because you don't even know who you want to sign or for how much or who he will improve on or where he will play.

But Levy is a tight cunt.

Sense speaking, yes now I see it

Right so just don't sign anyone then? Absolute genius mate: I don't even think you know what your talking about mate. It's no coIncidence that the most successful clubs in the prem are the teams that have bought quality. We are not a poor club so I'm not sure why you have this attitude like we're some sort of peasants. We have just sold Walker for 50 fucking million and a whole host of other players. It's pretty bloody clear we have money ffs!!!

Demanding brats " .... Jesus Christ!!!!! No, I have waited donkeys years for Spurs to be a success so it's hardly throwing my toys out the pram. 2 league cups in over 20 years under Daniel Levy's leadership is hardly something to shout about. Yes we are heading in the right direction but you are naive as fuck if you think we don't need strengthening this window.

We struggled last season in the CL and people seem to think we are going wave some magic wand and do better this season without any reinforcements. Gets on my fucking nerves on here where you are labelled a "bad supporter " for feeling underwhelmed by our ridiculously lack of movement in the market when clearly we need to improve the squad
Don Vito Corleone Levy: It's true I don't have a lot of friends in politics football and they wouldn't be so unfriendly if they knew that I secretly want to buy more players from them but I have to keep up appearances and uphold my reputation for being a cunt to deal with! My business is wheeling and dealing and that's a dirty business.

Delivering on the financial front yes but we still don't win trophies mate. This club needs to start winning silver wear otherwise our top players will get fed up and we will back to square one again. How are we supposed to progress and win trophies if the chairman is coming out saying we can't find players to improve our squad ?
I'm really fucking tired of hearing this. Winning a league cup won't convince anyone to stay, nor the FA cup. Title challenges and regular CL football will.

I wasn't referring to everyone. In the main our fans have been very patient I absolutely agree, but I don't understand why certain people are losing their shit now. Poch ain't going anywhere, we are building something massive, but it isn't going to happen all at once. Can't we be patient for a little while longer?

New fans have the excuse of not knowing we were über cack under Sugar, and phases between Hoddle and Jol, Ramos and Redknapp, and then Redknapp and Poch.

Not sure what the excuse is for people who've lived through that and have seen the light getting closer...

Players aren't fleeing from Dortmund or Atletico Madrid left and right. So why would a mass exodus from Spurs happen if we continue being a yearly presence in the CL and growing a little year by year?

Should we rush like City and then tumble downwards again like they have because teams like us and to an extent Liverpool have gotten better?

I'm really fucking tired of hearing this. Winning a league cup won't convince anyone to stay, nor the FA cup. Title challenges and regular CL football will.

You are so naive mate. Danny Rose and Kane have already come out and said they want to win trophies. What the fuck good is challenging the title for the next 10 years if we don't win it? I'm not saying this will happen but you are claiming that us challenging the title alone will keep our players. Yes challenging the title and CL qualification gives us breathing space but trust me, if in 2 years time we are still not winning trophies, the like of Kane and Ali will be off thats for certain .

Right so just don't sign anyone then? Absolute genius mate: I don't even think you know what your talking about mate. It's no coIncidence that the most successful clubs in the prem are the teams that have bought quality. We are not a poor club so I'm not sure why you have this attitude like we're some sort of peasants. We have just sold Walker for 50 fucking million and a whole host of other players. It's pretty bloody clear we have money ffs!!!
YAAAAAAAAAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I could understand if you were a post CL 2010 Spurs fan from Taiwan.

The fact you were there in the 70s and 80s and 90s makes you look like such a tool.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the middle aged man, who wasn't very successful in life as a businessman who has it in for Levy the most.

The self styled economy experts who think running a football club consists of saying a price on the internet and reading a tweet and then buying that player.

Like I said, the club is being run a certain way. Cry all you want.....when we win something with youth players you've never heard of, try not to cream too hard.
I will be there to tell you to fuck off.

Players aren't fleeing from Dortmund or Atletico Madrid left and right. So why would a mass exodus from Spurs happen if we continue being a yearly presence in the CL and growing a little year by year?

Should we rush like City and then tumble downwards again like they have because teams like us and to an extent Liverpool have gotten better?

Give it a rest mate. Dortmund and Atletico win trophies there's a big difference. Spurs don't win trophies end of story.

You are so naive mate. Danny Rose and Kane have already come out and said they want to win trophies. What the fuck good is challenging the title for the next 10 years if we don't win it? I'm not saying this will happen but you are claiming that us challenging the title alone will keep our players. Yes challenging the title and CL qualification gives us breathing space but trust me, if in 2 years time we are still not winning trophies, the like of Kane and Ali will be off thats for certain .
Are you some form of soothsayer and know already that we won't have won anything in two years time?

I think we all get the incredible and consistent progress under Pochettino. He has surpassed all my reasonable expectation but herein lies the dilemma.

We cannot and I say that with my left leaning attitude pay the obscene fees and wages that have bedevilled this summer's transfer window thus far but as a club we have to consider how you fill a stadium of the size being built.

My frustration does lie with the likes of the clubs for whom money and prudent are like water and oil but also with the football authorities who are so divorced from reality and so blunt in their actions who stand aside without intervention.

We need players and in that regard I side with those who are frustrated with our lack of movement more than those who drift too easily to comparisons with the past as though that is the barometer we should be measured against.

And what sways it entirely is that we have banked 60 million plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom