Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
When everyone's fit, and how often is that? It is stated that we only played our so called first 11 twice last season. I cannot remember the last match day that everyone was fit. It does not happen.

And we still finished 2nd and got to a cup semi final...

YAAAAAAAAAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I could understand if you were a post CL 2010 Spurs fan from Taiwan.

The fact you were there in the 70s and 80s and 90s makes you look like such a tool.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the middle aged man, who wasn't very successful in as a businessman who has it in for Levy the most.

The self styled economy experts who think running a football club consists of saying a price on the internet and reading a tweet and then buying that player.

Like I said, the club is being run a certain way. Cry all you want.....when we win something with youth players you've never heard of, try not to cream too hard.
I will be there to tell you to fuck off.

Someone who knows he's wrong posts Yaaaaaawwwwwwnnnn at the start of his response. I'm actually 31 years you dohnut so hardly middle aged. I grew up with Spurs during the 90s so I have seen some shit Spurs sides but maintain the same stance. Your stance is shit and you sit there on your high horse like your some fantastic supporter because you lick levy's bald asshole

Give it a rest mate. Dortmund and Atletico win trophies there's a big difference. Spurs don't win trophies end of story.
Atleti have won the league once and the copa once this millenium. Dortmund three league titles and two domestic cups. They're not exactly constant silverware collectors

YAAAAAAAAAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I could understand if you were a post CL 2010 Spurs fan from Taiwan.

The fact you were there in the 70s and 80s and 90s makes you look like such a tool.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the middle aged man, who wasn't very successful in life as a businessman who has it in for Levy the most.

The self styled economy experts who think running a football club consists of saying a price on the internet and reading a tweet and then buying that player.

Like I said, the club is being run a certain way. Cry all you want.....when we win something with youth players you've never heard of, try not to cream too hard.
I will be there to tell you to fuck off.

Yeh like we have had so much success with Spurs since the 90s. Got you are so deluded aswell as clueless.

Thread Going back to argument mode.
More to the point, Barkley I am assuming Poch still rates him.
Everton saying he is leaving. He is injured and so no real rush. Not discussing whether he is right for us or who he will replace but Poch is allegedly interested in buying him which is all we need to know.
Based on that Levy is tasked with negotiating and understandably is unwilling to pay £50m.
The following outcomes are possible
1 He is bought by us
2 Another club pay more and buy him
3 He is not sold and sent on loan
4 He stays at Everton and sees out his contract not playing and stands no chance of going to the World Cup
5 Barkley backs down and signs new contract.
I can see this being unresolved until deadline day and everyone knows that we spent £30m on Sissoko last deadline day.
I think Levy is right to try and push fee down but should he wait to deadline day and risk being gazumped ?
Fees have certainly gone up and IF we still have not spent any money by say 24th August I believe Levy should go back with an offer(i will not suggest fee) and try and conclude a deal before deadlline day as others may bid for him then and we either lose the deal or end up paying more.

You are so naive mate. Danny Rose and Kane have already come out and said they want to win trophies. What the fuck good is challenging the title for the next 10 years if we don't win it? I'm not saying this will happen but you are claiming that us challenging the title alone will keep our players. Yes challenging the title and CL qualification gives us breathing space but trust me, if in 2 years time we are still not winning trophies, the like of Kane and Ali will be off thats for certain .

Well they're hardly going to say they don't want to win trophies are they? And you call me naive. Why do you think they can't win trophies with Spurs? Where would you go right now to win trophies? Fucking hell, do you think Messi will come if we beat Stoke in a League cup final? You're living in the past.

Thread Going back to argument mode.
More to the point, Barkley I am assuming Poch still rates him.
Everton saying he is leaving. He is injured and so no real rush. Not discussing whether he is right for us or who he will replace but Poch is allegedly interested in buying him which is all we need to know.
Based on that Levy is tasked with negotiating and understandably is unwilling to pay £50m.
The following outcomes are possible
1 He is bought by us
2 Another club pay more and buy him
3 He is not sold and sent on loan
4 He stays at Everton and sees out his contract not playing and stands no chance of going to the World Cup
5 Barkley backs down and signs new contract.
I can see this being unresolved until deadline day and everyone knows that we spent £30m on Sissoko last deadline day.
I think Levy is right to try and push fee down but should he wait to deadline day and risk being gazumped ?
Fees have certainly gone up and IF we still have not spent any money by say 24th August I believe Levy should go back with an offer(i will not suggest fee) and try and conclude a deal before deadlline day as others may bid for him then and we either lose the deal or end up paying more.
He wants to come and Poch will break him down and rebuild him into a player Poch can manage!
This we know because it is written!

Spurs are still a solid 6th of the top 6 clubs (7 if you are now including Everton) in terms of revenue, and don't have a sugar daddy owner like Everton (who sold their best player), City and Chelsea. There are a good amount of Spurs finance articles out there that show why the club is run the way it is and that we are finally turning the corner in terms of sponsorships (AIA deal going from £16m to £35m, for example), stadium, CL football money, and so forth that help lead to long term sustainability and success. The club will be able to start offering higher wages and competing for the best players, which is why so many of the starting XI have had multiple new contracts and bonuses tied to performance.

I understand that people want Spurs to bring in players, I think we all want a couple good signings to help with depth and ensure we have a sharp starting XI, but I'm not sure what else people are expecting Levy and Poch to do. We can't offer the same wages as the mega clubs (£100k/wk for fucking Lingard!?), we can't spunk down £200 million on 4 players. We need players that buy into what Poch is selling, which clearly isn't for everyone. I'd rather have our summer business done by July 1st every year as well, but given the activity this window, I don't really blame Levy. Now, if we don't sign ANYONE, then I will be more than annoyed, but right now, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the fucking doubt.

Someone who knows he's wrong posts Yaaaaaawwwwwwnnnn at the start of his response. I'm actually 31 years you dohnut so hardly middle aged. I grew up with Spurs during the 90s so I have seen some shit Spurs sides but maintain the same stance. Your stance is shit and you sit there on your high horse like your some fantastic supporter because you lick levy's bald asshole

You grew up with Spurs during the 90s then this is the best you've ever had it....crying about trophies you muppet, you've seen us lift 3.

What's the problem? Your glory hunting City friends teasing you that they support the rich team. Awwww must be tough

So what? Your point being?

My point being that the
You grew up with Spurs during the 90s then this is the best you've ever had it....crying about trophies you muppet, you've seen us lift 3.

What's the problem? Your glory hunting City friends teasing you that they support the rich team. Awwww must be tough

I was 5 years old when we won the fa cup so don't remember it. I have seen us win 2 measly league cups in my time. Wow fantastic!!!! I want my team to be successful and we are hardly going to win trophies if our chairman is refusing to sanction imcomings to strengthen a squad that clearly struggled last season dealing with Europe. You are blind aswell as clueless:

My point being that the

I was 5 years old when we won the fa cup so don't remember it. I have seen us win 2 measly league cups in my time. Wow fantastic!!!! I want my team to be successful and we are hardly going to win trophies if our chairman is refusing to sanction imcomings to strengthen a squad that clearly struggled last season dealing with Europe. You are blind aswell as clueless:

Haha......two cups in 20 years and you are picking and choosing what ones are good enough for you!

LOL

Weren't you fawning over Utds amazing double recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom