Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to the goat and 'multiple sources' on SC (lol) we've accepted a bid from a PL club for Dembele?

Obviously, it's most likely absolute shite to get their donation drive going, but not sure how I would feel seeing him in another PL teams colours... I guess going back to Fulham could make sense?

So “ITK” now saying we’ve excepted a bid for Dembele from a PREM TEAM.

Surely that can’t be true. If we are selling him it had better because we have an established replacement lined up.

I’m all for young English talent like Grealish but NOT as our primary replacement for quality, finished articles.
Think Wolves were looking @ Dembele. Maybe that’s the Prem Team link ?

Right... my point was that we've signed two players in recent times who'd be regarded as big, top name players.

Much more crucially than that though, did you read what else I said? What about the £1billion behemoth of a stadium we're building, who pays for that, the fucking tooth fairy?
Firstly, the stadium isn't costing £1billion, or even £850 million (the most common exaggerated figure), probably closer to £500 million. The rest includes the hotel and housing which we will either be selling later or managing ourselves. Whichever way, they are seperate book entries and will be financed apart.

Secondly, Daniel Levy has repeated said the stadium build wouldn't effect transfer dealings. The trerm he has used again and again was "ringfenced". If this has changed we should have been told.

Thirdly, in answer to your question who pays for the stadium, the answer is we do, not the fucking tooth fairy. It's a commercial undertaking, it's financing will have been contingent on projected profits

Dembele - Seri Central midfield would be unreal.

I don't think we'd sell Dembele though. UNLESS we get someone in.

I have my doubts about Dembele playing in a successful 433 though.

According to the goat and 'multiple sources' on SC (lol) we've accepted a bid from a PL club for Dembele?

Obviously, it's most likely absolute shite to get their donation drive going, but not sure how I would feel seeing him in another PL teams colours... I guess going back to Fulham could make sense?
Did he not say he'd never play for another prem team?

By having it both ways I meant how everyone keeps telling me we’re a big club, but qualifies that statement by constantly going on about how little we’ve won in recent years. It gets me down because if you read my posts you’ll see that I always try to remain positive. Not one single moan from me about our lack of signings, but as soon as I say we’re not a big club all the serial moaners jump all over me. So are we a big club? If we are we should win stuff no? That’s what big clubs do isn’t it? Btw, I’m perfectly happy to support us whatever our status - real or imagined.
But this is the crux of the argument, isn't it.

Are we a big club? Yes, of course we are.

Have we won much in the last couple decades, no, we haven't.

Because the owners of the club won't invest in the playing squad or spend the money befitting of a club of our stature, wealth and fanbase

This is exactly why there are so many argumemts and cunt offs across every Spurs forum on the planet.

Last edited:
5 ways this window ends.

1/ we sell none of our key players and add some quality depth to the squad

2/ we sell none of our key players and add nothing

3/ we sell some of our key players (Toby/Mousa) and replace them with quality

4/ we sell some of our key players and replace them with prospects

5/ we sell some of our keys players and replace them with nothing

Good window
Of these outcomes 1 is the only scenario that sees us improve and hopefully keep pace with those around us. Unfortunately it’s also the only scenario that seems more and more likely to be off the table.

Ok/Meh window
2 and 3 I could take. They don’t see us improve with any significance other than the natural progression of existing players but at least we wouldn’t be any weaker.

Fucking Clusterfuck window
4 and 5 both see us weaken which would be compounded by others around us seemingly improving. This would be a disastrous window.

Unfortunately when you break it down like that I think the most likely outcome is 4. I’m pro Levy but this ones squarely on him and there better be an extremely transparent explanation by the end of the week.
Decent analysis that, although I'd say (2) is a semi-cunting, seeing as Dembele's decline in form and fitness is evident and that our rivals have strengthened

If there is any activity, I’m looking forward to hearing the sonic boom from this thread .

Can’t beliebe it’s jumped 50 odd pages in 2 days & nothing is happening

Yeah, sounds like bullshit to me. Remember the Rose to Everton/Wolves stories?

Media spouting bollocks as usual.
Media trying to twist the figurative knife/pour lemon juice in the wound so to speak.

"Spurs have not signed anyone, lets report that some more players are leaving"

Firstly, the stadium isn't costing £1billion, or even £850 million (the most common exaggerated figure), probably closer to £500 million. The rest includes the hotel and housing which we will either be selling later or managing ourselves. Whichever way, they are seperate book entries and will be financed apart.

Secondly, Daniel Levy has repeated said the stadium build wouldn't effect transfer dealings. The trerm he has used again and again was "ringfenced". If this has changed we should have been told.

Thirdly, in answer to your question who pays for the stadium, the answer is we do, not the fucking tooth fairy. It's a commercial undertaking, it's financing will have been contingent on projected profits

But come on, at the end of the day Tottenham Hotspur is a business like any other, as well as a club that we love. Huge investment in the business has happened and is happening, on a level that takes it way, way beyond where' it's been over the last few decades. The current administration has done this and it's unquestionably a massively progressive move, much more so than signing a couple of big players in this transfer window. If people believe that this isn't a relevant context to our lack of spending right now then they're mad, regardless of what Levy may have said. Our leadership clearly know what they're doing. We have in incredible starting XI, a pretty good squad and we'll very likely be in the top four, as well as very soon being light years ahead of others in terms of infrastructure. Levy clearly deserves credit for handling and managing Poch (arguably the brightest talent in world football management) too, as he seems extremely sold in.

Again, if people melting about the transfer window do so seemingly without putting what's happening with the club generally into context, then they're in the wrong in my view.

Back
Top Bottom