Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Going to have to disagree - the thought of loosing a couple of players to injury, or just bloody knackered having to play every league and CL game worries me, as well as important english cup games if we get that far. lets be honest if we loose Harry or Eriksen for any period of time we are screwed! We just have nobody to replace them who can do what they do for us.
The there is our DFM situation, with Winks, Wanyama injured, Dier back late and Dembelle possibly gone - where does that leave us in MF?
You mentioned sanchez, who "could" be a top level defender "in a couple of years"! That doesn't really help us this season if Toby goes, and i think we all know he will - so again, CB becomes a problem, especially if we loose Verts to Injury at anytime in the season, and we usualy do!
Aurier has "long term" promise on the right but the jury is out - Tripps is an able, but not world class RB. On the left, if Rose goes, or even stays and plays like last season, then we are left with a solid but plodder of a LB in Davies, hardly lights up the LB position.
Subs bench, well this is where we are really hurting, if we are not brining in anyone, we are left with a very average and young looking subs bench/cup football second string team - I would see no cups again with that B team having to play, and we just don't have a strong enough a team to play ALL games in CL/LC/FA Cup and premiership so something will have to give and I think that will be prioritised to finishing 4th!

So for me all in all, although it wouldn't be an absolute shit pile of a season - like for instance I still think with current team we could make top 6 and possible last 4 of one cup, I do not think we would make progress on last season - and I thought that was Poch's aim??
So no, starting with the current team is not good for me, and I am not chilled about it at all, if anything I would be dismayed and upset! But the biggest worry is I think it shows a lack of ambition, and Poch is not going to hang around for the folllowing season, then we would be in real trouble. Can you see the likes of Harry, Eriksen, Hugo, Verts etc hanging on at this club next year if we make no investment in the team, or back our manager?

Lose not loose...
:dembelelol:

IT shit:
Thread starter #1
Who: Hercules
When: 8th August
Where: SC
I was told 2 in & 2 out. One was Grealish in (today), the medical that was planned. I quietly confident we will do 2 deals, as per Trix’s information. Just to add to that. We really are serious about Martial, and will hold our main funds for that, and this window.

If we cannot do that deal, we will not waste it on same area, lesser player. In the last 48 hours, some very good names in desperation being put to us. But! Also to our rivals. Some we were interested before, but they through their agents, was hedging their bets. Today’s work is about finding out if we will be wasting our time, our selling clubs playing games on price and structure.

If this is the case, we will hold out on just the 2 players. Poch berry happy with that.

English motherfucker...Do you speak it?
:dembelelol:

You've ignored my points and just reiterated that you think it's all super.

That's OK. I don't

I haven't ignored your points. My understanding is that the stadium on current info may cost £800 million, with some saying overall final bill could come to a billion quid. Totally aside from that, don't forget the investment in our training facilities too. My point here being a simple one - the current administration have been very progressive for this club in the improvements they've made to infrastructure which will potentially take us to the next level. There's no other way of getting to that 'next level'.

Re Levy ringfencing money and financing on basis of profits. Perhaps there is money but it's only sensible spending profits on players when they really fit and aren't overpriced. Martial for instance who people seem to clamour for, may well have a serious attitude problem, might not get in the starting XI, is arguably not as good as Son or Moura and could cost a fortune.

Whatever either of us thinks, again I make the point that in the context of all the big, positive stuff that is happening with our club, the investment in facilities, our improved football and league positions and our tying down of the best young manager in the world, it's odd that some are having a meltdown or are THAT unhappy. I think that's a fairly reasonable argument. If you think it's all terrible, well that's a shame.

So “ITK” now saying we’ve excepted a bid for Dembele from a PREM TEAM.

Surely that can’t be true. If we are selling him it had better because we have an established replacement lined up.

I’m all for young English talent like Grealish but NOT as our primary replacement for quality, finished articles.
What a fucking farce if we sell Dembele (especially to a fucking premier league team).

It’s definitely one of the barometers.

Not the only though. Trophies and fanbase are above it.

Man City became one of the richest clubs in world football 10 years ago. They didn't instantly become a big team.

I'd say they are a big team now, in modern football, they have the money and they're winning the trophies. Fanbase isn't as big as others but you'd expect that to grow.

We are a big team though. Just not a super team.

Going to have to disagree - the thought of loosing a couple of players to injury, or just bloody knackered having to play every league and CL game worries me, as well as important english cup games if we get that far. lets be honest if we lose Harry or Eriksen for any period of time we are screwed! We just have nobody to replace them who can do what they do for us.
The there is our DFM situation, with Winks, Wanyama injured, Dier back late and Dembelle possibly gone - where does that leave us in MF?
You mentioned sanchez, who "could" be a top level defender "in a couple of years"! That doesn't really help us this season if Toby goes, and i think we all know he will - so again, CB becomes a problem, especially if we lose Verts to Injury at anytime in the season, and we usualy do!
Aurier has "long term" promise on the right but the jury is out - Tripps is an able, but not world class RB. On the left, if Rose goes, or even stays and plays like last season, then we are left with a solid but plodder of a LB in Davies, hardly lights up the LB position.
Subs bench, well this is where we are really hurting, if we are not brining in anyone, we are left with a very average and young looking subs bench/cup football second string team - I would see no cups again with that B team having to play, and we just don't have a strong enough a team to play ALL games in CL/LC/FA Cup and premiership so something will have to give and I think that will be prioritised to finishing 4th!

So for me all in all, although it wouldn't be an absolute shit pile of a season - like for instance I still think with current team we could make top 6 and possible last 4 of one cup, I do not think we would make progress on last season - and I thought that was Poch's aim??
So no, starting with the current team is not good for me, and I am not chilled about it at all, if anything I would be dismayed and upset! But the biggest worry is I think it shows a lack of ambition, and Poch is not going to hang around for the folllowing season, then we would be in real trouble. Can you see the likes of Harry, Eriksen, Hugo, Verts etc hanging on at this club next year if we make no investment in the team, or back our manager?

Fucking hell, what a load of drivel. Feel better after that whinge?!

Grow a fucking spine mate!

:deledoubt:

236.png

Back
Top Bottom