Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:wanyama:
Great to see everyone is in such a good mood today
tenor.gif

Sorry to let you all down but that Cal bloke did the same exact thing last year.

Account of the blue, ridiculous claims and of course he deleted his account the day after the deadline.

Going to have to disagree - the thought of loosing a couple of players to injury, or just bloody knackered having to play every league and CL game worries me, as well as important english cup games if we get that far. lets be honest if we lose Harry or Eriksen for any period of time we are screwed! We just have nobody to replace them who can do what they do for us.
The there is our DFM situation, with Winks, Wanyama injured, Dier back late and Dembelle possibly gone - where does that leave us in MF?
You mentioned sanchez, who "could" be a top level defender "in a couple of years"! That doesn't really help us this season if Toby goes, and i think we all know he will - so again, CB becomes a problem, especially if we lose Verts to Injury at anytime in the season, and we usualy do!
Aurier has "long term" promise on the right but the jury is out - Tripps is an able, but not world class RB. On the left, if Rose goes, or even stays and plays like last season, then we are left with a solid but plodder of a LB in Davies, hardly lights up the LB position.
Subs bench, well this is where we are really hurting, if we are not brining in anyone, we are left with a very average and young looking subs bench/cup football second string team - I would see no cups again with that B team having to play, and we just don't have a strong enough a team to play ALL games in CL/LC/FA Cup and premiership so something will have to give and I think that will be prioritised to finishing 4th!

So for me all in all, although it wouldn't be an absolute shit pile of a season - like for instance I still think with current team we could make top 6 and possible last 4 of one cup, I do not think we would make progress on last season - and I thought that was Poch's aim??
So no, starting with the current team is not good for me, and I am not chilled about it at all, if anything I would be dismayed and upset! But the biggest worry is I think it shows a lack of ambition, and Poch is not going to hang around for the folllowing season, then we would be in real trouble. Can you see the likes of Harry, Eriksen, Hugo, Verts etc hanging on at this club next year if we make no investment in the team, or back our manager?

Winks, Dier and Dembele are all available for Newcastle if Poch decides to pick them. Wanyama is apparently not far off.

Back
Top Bottom