Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At least two and half hours from Birmingham to N17. JG hasn't been spotted anywhere on the M1 so there will be no news for another 2 hrs.

Your question was "who would take Zlatan on a one season contract".

Nothing to do with whether or not I think Llorente is the best option. I'd rather Lamela as false 9 and stick with that as backup for Harry than have Zlatan anywhere near our club.

Only an idiot would want Zlatan anywhere near our club. One season or not.

I'd hate to ACTUALLY be ITK... no fucker would ever believe you WERE... at best they'd say you took a good guess... even if Levy phoned you personally the night before to discuss transfer dealings for the next 12 months!! Who's gonna buy THAT?

I’m not mocking anyone - how am I doing that? I simply enquired as to your nationality because of your vernacular.
By clearly insinuating that American fans aren't real fans perhaps?

By having it both ways I meant how everyone keeps telling me we’re a big club, but qualifies that statement by constantly going on about how little we’ve won in recent years. It gets me down because if you read my posts you’ll see that I always try to remain positive. Not one single moan from me about our lack of signings, but as soon as I say we’re not a big club all the serial moaners jump all over me. So are we a big club? If we are we should win stuff no? That’s what big clubs do isn’t it? Btw, I’m perfectly happy to support us whatever our status - real or imagined.

I did no such thing in my original post though, and never have. While judging the size of a club is difficult I will admit, what teams have won recently is a ludicrous way of doing it. Are the likes of Liverpool and AC Milan not big clubs anymore because they've won nowt in the last 10 years?

So you'd prefer to see Llorente strolling out on 80mins against Newcastle rather than the legend, the enigma, that is Zlatan?
...which is part of the reason some people might NOT want someone like that.!
...oh, and you got his name wrong, it's THE Zlatan... expect a call from his copyright people any day now, for wrongful branding crimes!

It's an interesting view; wrong, but interesting

Your question was "who would take Zlatan on a one season contract".

Nothing to do with whether or not I think Llorente is the best option. I'd rather Lamela as false 9 and stick with that as backup for Harry than have Zlatan anywhere near our club.

A Good player is one thing, but a self centred attitude that stinks the place out is not something we'd need...
I'd rather that Llorente didn't play EITHER, but THE Zlatan would alienate most of our team rather than being part of it... and it wouldn't surprise me if he demanded Kane be dropped in the bigger matches to allow for THE ENIGMA TO TAKE TO THE FIELD INSTEAD!

he's just a more talented Ade imho!
:adeohshit:

I'd hate to ACTUALLY be ITK... no fucker would ever believe you WERE... at best they'd say you took a good guess... even if Levy phoned you personally the night before to discuss transfer dealings for the next 12 months!! Who's gonna buy THAT?
The year before Berba went to Man U I had it from senior management at the club he was gone 100%...he didnt move that summer.

there is a moral of a story somewhere there.

Back
Top Bottom