Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the best transfer window I can remember for some time

Because the fucker ends today and we can concentrate on the football instead of this shit going on until September

Skipp has had a half decent pre-season, but against Girona he was obviously out of his depth. TOB is injured and has gone off the boil, don't know where you're going with that. None of them are ready to meaningfully contribute to our team and throwing them in too early could be detrimental to their development

Skipp v Girona looked like the 3rd game in about a week plus a transatlantic flight plus the flight to Spain had made him tired - and as you say it showed. Not sure that he was out of his depth tough

He 's 17 so won't be a first team regular this season, but hopefully will get meaningful minutes over this season.

Tashan Oakley -Boothe played very well in all last pre-season games but has had a string of injuries since and hasn't progressed. Injured again this pre-season (hence didn't play) but understand he's almost fit now.

Well there we go. We had two months to identify and sign a CM and it looks like we haven't even managed to do that. Your flippant Skipp response is even more confusing given that you, like me, think CM was a priority position.

Give me a break with the sanctimonious 'better fan than you' (not your exact wording but your implication) crap. I back the squad, I love our players, but I'm not so foolish as to convince myself that we haven't missed an opportunity to improve ourselves.
I have said it's a position we can improve on. I didn't say it was critical.

Savic was too expensive, as was Modric. Give me some CM names that we could have got?

God. I am sorry, I love you, but this response is annoying. Obviously fans will support the team and players. We are paying a ridiculous amount for season tickets. Should we just allow the club to do whatever they want without saying anything? You know like moving to East London.The whole point of being a football fan should be that we can have some influence on our club.
Anyway football forums would be pretty pointless if people could not moan.

Course anyone can say anything but what i'm saying is it won't make a shits worth of difference, as this window has proven.

Negativity breeds negativity.. If Poch had moaned and whined in his last interview it would have made it's way to the players. He chose to remain positive and hopefully that also rubs off on the players.

Skipp has had a half decent pre-season, but against Girona he was obviously out of his depth. TOB is injured and has gone off the boil, don't know where you're going with that. None of them are ready to meaningfully contribute to our team and throwing them in too early could be detrimental to their development

Skipp also had to share a midfield with the likes of Marsh & Amos compared to having the likes of Dier, Wanyama, Dembele or Eriksen around him taking the burden off of him. People say that Grealish would be a better player than the single digits goals and assists player he is around better players so why doesn't the same apply to a player such as Skipp who wouldn't have to spread himself so thinly when sharing a pitch with the likes of Eyoma, Nkoudou, Dinzeyi etc

Skipps a nice player, he's 17 and he'll have a good career if he polishes up on a few things when it comes to being disciplined and using his loaf. I think it would be great to see Spurs blood a top youngster rather than stifle his progress because we signed a mediocre 27 year old

If players like Toby, Jan, Dembele and Vorm let their 1 year contracts run down, that's potentially 100m or so we didn't take for only 1 more season with us. I think previously we would have sold players that only had a year left and weren't signing new deals so in a way we are risking ~100m for short term success. Think we'll be very busy next year lol

Once they start playing at the New WHL they won't want to go anywhere else?

Previous windows we've lost Bale, Berba, Carrick, Modric, Klinnsman etc so if things stay the same happy days!!

Meme war is back on
2fkdv0.jpg

1/6 I'm getting sacked today

Why do other peoples opinions bother you so much?

Because the people on here who claim to think it's great that we haven't done anything to improve our squad are also the ones that have this holier than thou attitude and believe they're somehow better supporters than others who just want the club to try and improve by making a couple of key signings that I think are essential. Since Poch's comments have come out, I've seen people congratulate themselves in being right that we never wanted signings apparently. It's not really the differing opinion that bothers me, it's the attitude that comes with it. It's nauseating to read.

Back
Top Bottom