Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Course anyone can say anything but what i'm saying is it won't make a shits worth of difference, as this window has proven.

Negativity breeds negativity.. If Poch had moaned and whined in his last interview it would have made it's way to the players. He chose to remain positive and hopefully that also rubs off on the players.
I don't think he really has a choice though. He has to be positive. He clearly wanted us to make certain signings earlier in the summer. Obviously we don't know what has happened behind closed doors. It could be that Poch has rejected players. I hope Levy gives us an explanation.

Skipp also had to share a midfield with the likes of Marsh & Amos compared to having the likes of Dier, Wanyama, Dembele or Eriksen around him taking the burden off of him. People say that Grealish would be a better player than the single digits goals and assists player he is around better players so why doesn't the same apply to a player such as Skipp who wouldn't have to spread himself so thinly when sharing a pitch with the likes of Eyoma, Nkoudou, Dinzeyi etc

Skipps a nice player, he's 17 and he'll have a good career if he polishes up on a few things when it comes to being disciplined and using his loaf. I think it would be great to see Spurs blood a top youngster rather than stifle his progress because we signed a mediocre 27 year old
Fabulous post. Put it better than I ever could.

Skipp also had to share a midfield with the likes of Marsh & Amos compared to having the likes of Dier, Wanyama, Dembele or Eriksen around him taking the burden off of him. People say that Grealish would be a better player than the single digits goals and assists player he is around better players so why doesn't the same apply to a player such as Skipp who wouldn't have to spread himself so thinly when sharing a pitch with the likes of Eyoma, Nkoudou, Dinzeyi etc

Skipps a nice player, he's 17 and he'll have a good career if he polishes up on a few things when it comes to being disciplined and using his loaf. I think it would be great to see Spurs blood a top youngster rather than stifle his progress because we signed a mediocre 27 year old
Completely agree but it's mental to pin your hopes on a 17-year-old. The way spursdum is talking you'd think Skipp is going to become a main man in midfield. I'd love for us to blood more youngsters, but you can't just throw them in either

Just like Hallmark invented Valentine’s Day the Media invented Deadline Day to create this stupid hysteria, I have loved the last 4 or 5 windows when really fuck all has happened and that cunt on Sky looks a total prick trying to big up nothing transfers

Once they start playing at the New WHL they won't want to go anywhere else?

Previous windows we've lost Bale, Berba, Carrick, Modric, Klinnsman etc so if things stay the same happy days!!
Exactly, a lot of people taking the fact we've signed nobody as a big negative but not taking that we've held on to players as a bigger positive.

I have said it's a position we can improve on. I didn't say it was critical.

Savic was too expensive, as was Modric. Give me some CM names that we could have got?
I'm not a professional scout. If we were willing to opt for a player at the level of Grealish with perceived potential then that calibre is not an incredible rarity across the entirety of Europe.

We've had the entire window to either get Grealish done or move onto a viable alternative and not managed to do so. I think that reflects poorly.

Back
Top Bottom