Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thiago would have been a dream but apparently Bayern rethought their plan for him. Ndombele I like. Lobotka too.

Lobotka is going to be great, I'd take a shot at him for the money they were asking. If he had played 5 games in the Premier League the way he played at Celta, 35m would have been a bargain. Sometimes you have to spend and take a chance.

I'm not a professional scout. If we were willing to opt for a player at the level of Grealish with perceived potential then that calibre is not an incredible rarity across the entirety of Europe.

We've had the entire window to either get Grealish done or move onto a viable alternative and not managed to do so. I think that reflects poorly.
Or option c. Grealish was paper talk?

To be fair, all of those would have cost £70,000,000+

Could you see us spending that much on one player who isn't world class?
Doesn't brozovic have a 50 mil release clause, and we spent 45 mil on a relatively unproven cb last season and he turned out great, I didn't think it was that much of a stretch to see us bidding 55-60 mil for a player cm of the ilk I posted.

Completely agree but it's mental to pin your hopes on a 17-year-old. The way spursdum is talking you'd think Skipp is going to become a main man in midfield. I'd love for us to blood more youngsters, but you can't just throw them in either
We're talking about giving Skipp minutes behind Dier, Wanyama, Winks, Dembele. You flid.

You're making a fool of yourself. Again.

Stick to the lying.

Doesn't brozovic have a 50 mil release clause, and we spent 45 mil on a relatively unproven cb last season and he turned out great, I didn't think it was that much of a stretch to see us bidding 55-60 mil for a player cm of the ilk I posted.
Yep he has a 50m euros release clause so that's what? 45m sterling.

When Son's missing 4 games, who are you putting as the right winger?

Switch things about, put Lamela in there or (shudder) Sissoko, there is no need to have a meltdown. We are moving back into our brand new stadium, state of the art, it's going to take time to settle into given the sheer difference between that and old WHL. May as well use this season without spunking loads of money chasing a title that just won't happen on players that won't improve the 1st team.

It's easy for Poch to say that today. It's clearly not what he prefers though as he's clearly stated otherwise previously.
Poch has wanted signings all summer & has said so. Now he is basically saying we need to make the best of what we have & keep this team together. Some think poch saying we want & are trying to get signings = We don't want or need signings, this team can't be improved upon. Weird.

Doesn't brozovic have a 50 mil release clause, and we spent 45 mil on a relatively unproven cb last season and he turned out gJureat, I didn't think it was that much of a stretch to see us bidding 55-60 mil for a player cm of the ilk I posted.

I don't think Brozovic has such clause, no. Even if he does, he has to agree to come here. Maybe he had no interest?

Then there is also the small factor of the team has to be willing to sell. Two of those midfielders you mentioned already signed official terms with clubs this summer.

Lobotka would have been more realistic - I'd have been happy with him. Probably would have been cheaper.

This is the best transfer window I can remember for some time

Because the fucker ends today and we can concentrate on the football instead of this shit going on until September

Except this is almost like football Brexit as players can leave after today but not be bought compared to other European leagues.

Back
Top Bottom