Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has his flaws.

Game management and use of squad are two important ones that if he improves this year, could be key for us.

I said at the end of last season that we needed to improve the squad or Pochettino needed to sort his game management by a touch.

Well we now know which of the two options it is.

I will say this. I only thought Eriksen, Son and Kane on occasion and most definitely Vertonghen and Davinson literally all season long were at their best, so as a squad there is room for much better individual performances.

NW1Spur NW1Spur "How about if he's still here in September I have to have an avatar of 1970's fat Elvis, and if he isn't, you have to have an avatar which states "NW1Spur is a genius"? And the avatars have to be kept 1 year. Deal?"

Soooo close to September. Technically Lamela could still drop dead of a heroin overdose before 1 Sept and you'd win the bet, but man am I feeling confident.

:soldadowatch:

The board have had a truly appalling summer with stadium delay, failed stadium sponsorship and now zero signings. At least we have a nice new kit.........

Stadium delay was more to do with the winter weather than any board shortcomings, in my opinion.

Failed Stadium sponsorship? Our first game there isn't for another 5 or so weeks, lots of time to go yet before we mention "failure".

The zero signings, whilst frustrating for most fans, can't be seen as a failure at all until we see where we are May 2019, surely?

Only club in the Champions league not to sign a player, only team not to sign a player in the PL since 2003 and every other team in the pl signed at least 3 players this year.

But our squad was the only one impossible to improve. Right.

I said at the end of last season that we needed to improve the squad or Pochettino needed to sort his game management by a touch.

Well we now know which of the two options it is.

I will say this. I only thought Eriksen, Son and Kane on occasion and most definitely Vertonghen and Davinson literally all season long were at their best, so as a squad there is room for much better individual performances.

We've got some players with tired legs in the first team who are already leggy and the season hasn't even kicked off yet. In any normal season trippier Kane dier Toby Jan etc wouldn't be starting a match for another 2 weeks at least. I'm in shock at how bad the close season has been handled tbh

That wasn't my point, but don't let that bother you eh.

I'll keep it simple for you - more games including replays = tired players come
e.g. FA Cup Semi finals. Did you see our second half performance? It was lacking in energy and drive.

You enjoy your cheap laugh and resorting to insults.

I'm not going to bother coming back to this thread so insult away, I'm sure that will make your day.

Where did I insult you?

Did I tell you to go fuck yourself?
No

Did I call you a cretin?
No

But never mind the Forum nonce Audere give you an agree

Well done

True. I wrote it in another post here but I hope after this window both Pochettino and Levy realize the need for a Sporting Director rather than splitting those responsibilities between themselves.

I'd agree the process can always be refined in some way. Does concern me when we get tunnel-vision over lower level punts (GKN, N'Jie). An extra pair of hands in these kind of situations could well help.

Could we be scouting harder/deeper is my greater concern tho'...? Similarly, is our desired player profile too narrow when looking to fill specific positions? ...Particularly when it comes to the non-physical/technical or less quantifiable aspect of things?

Stadium delay was more to do with the winter weather than any board shortcomings, in my opinion.

Failed Stadium sponsorship? Our first game there isn't for another 5 or so weeks, lots of time to go yet before we mention "failure".

The zero signings, whilst frustrating for most fans, can't be seen as a failure at all until we see where we are May 2019, surely?

Weather is always factored into such projects and we didn’t have a bad winter. As for the stadium sponsorship - well it wasn’t in place with the first deadline and do you honestly believe that given the time that has passed previously we can secure on in as little as 5 weeks.

Listen it’s doesnt make you any less of a supporter to acknowledge our poor form. The custodians of the club are accountable to us not the other around and they failed on nearly all fronts this summer

Back
Top Bottom