Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No because we havent improved the squad in any way and other teams round and about us have substantially. As such we're in danger of not making top 4 and players such as Kane and Eriksen are gonna want Champs League.

We will make the top four again like we have for the last three seasons

Hardly ‘dissolving’

Only club in the Champions league not to sign a player, only team not to sign a player in the PL since 2003 and every other team in the pl signed at least 3 players this year.

But our squad was the only one impossible to improve. Right.

Of course. Arent you aware that signing players means nothing whatsoever. Youre more likely to win the league without out anyone and a squad value of 5 grand than splashing out 200 mil.

Whats wrong with you fella? :deledoubt:

Levy's fucking huge wages for starters, justify that now transfer window wizard....

Justify what, you're upset that we haven't signed anyone, i'd have like a couple of signings but we didn't do it. It's not a reason to lose your shit about Levy/Enic. Look where we are now compared to 10 years ago or even 5 years ago. Lets see how the season goes, if we're in the bottom half by xmas then maybe you'll have a reason to be upset.

I'd agree the process can always be refined in some way. Does concern me when we get tunnel-vision over lower level punts (GKN, N'Jie). An extra pair of hands in these kind of situations could well help.

Could we be scouting harder/deeper is my greater concern tho'...? Similarly, is our desired player profile too narrow when looking to fill specific positions? ...Particularly when it comes to the non-physical/technical or less quantifiable aspect of things?
That Levy and Poch both seem to be control freaks doesn't help either. Not to mention they already have a lot of responsibilities regarding business and the first team respectively. So getting a Sporting director/director of football to handle the lion's share of scouting, recruitment of players and sales would also allow them to focus more on their other endeavors.

We've got some players with tired legs in the first team who are already leggy and the season hasn't even kicked off yet. In any normal season trippier Kane dier Toby Jan etc wouldn't be starting a match for another 2 weeks at least. I'm in shock at how bad the close season has been handled tbh

Mate I agree.

I think however that the acid test is how we perform in the crucial first few games.

We have a squad full of world cup semi-finalists and don't forget playing is training, so whilst some will be leggy, most will not need a full pre-season.

I guess my view is one of shock but also this is what it is. Lets show the spendthrifts once again but yep, it's high risk starting Saturday without many of our best.

That Levy and Poch both seem to be control freaks doesn't help either. Not to mention they already have a lot of responsibilities regarding business and the first team respectively. So getting a Sporting director/director of football to handle the lion's share of scouting, recruitment of players and sales would also allow them to focus more on their other endeavors.
we tried that and signed chirices (or howver you spell it)

I’m willing to bet that Andre Gomes turns into a good signing for Everton.

Yea I definitely think there is a player in there too.
Barca is a bit weird- has been a lot of definite talent that went there yet never really made it there.
Not making it at Barca definitely does not mean you are a bad player by any means.
Silva should be a good coach for him too.
Everton definitely improved this window.

NW1Spur NW1Spur "How about if he's still here in September I have to have an avatar of 1970's fat Elvis, and if he isn't, you have to have an avatar which states "NW1Spur is a genius"? And the avatars have to be kept 1 year. Deal?"

Soooo close to September. Technically Lamela could still drop dead of a heroin overdose before 1 Sept and you'd win the bet, but man am I feeling confident.

:soldadowatch:

I think a casual observer will conclude someone with an Elvis avatar is the King of pundits, as I pretty much predicted Lamela signing a new contract meant the club weren't having any luck getting their targets over the line and we'd probably not be signing anyone.

Lamela gets a lot of people to do his talking for him off the pitch but it's time he did it on the pitch and having some more aggro with Wilshere or Fabregas isn't enough anymore.

I see he's got another "minor" muscle injury so god knows when he'll play again anyway.

This is dissapointing to say the least. I didn't expect us to sign anyone today but still. A club who has achieved CL in 3 consecutive seasons really should be able to buy players to improve the quality of the whole squad.

In theory it makes perfect sense, but our track record with DOF's isn't the best.

Only club in the Champions league not to sign a player, only team not to sign a player in the PL since 2003 and every other team in the pl signed at least 3 players this year.
But our squad was the only one impossible to improve. Right.
But it's all part of Poch's masterplan, surely. He's clearly delighted

Jfc Admin Admin please lock this abysmal depressing thread and put it out of its misery
tumblr_pd414iBcXD1rn5gv3o1_400.gif

Winks is 22 and has played less than 40 premier league games. He has also suffered a lot from injuries. He's not a proven player to rely on.

Neves and Ndombele are certainly better than Winks right now.
Harry Winks has played more top level football, including CL than N'Dombele. He has 37 more Premiership appearances.

Ruben Neves has never played in the Premier League either.

You're talking utter fraff.

Harry Winks is far, far more proven than Ligue 1 fodder and Championship/Primeira Liga fodder.

Back
Top Bottom