Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course. Arent you aware that signing players means nothing whatsoever. Youre more likely to win the league without out anyone and a squad value of 5 grand than splashing out 200 mil.

Whats wrong with you fella? :deledoubt:

Looks like someone still doesn't understand how transfers and squad value work. Just because you spend 200m doesn't mean you're 200m better, just means you've spent 200m. Quite simple really.

Winks is 22 and has played less than 40 premier league games. He has also suffered a lot from injuries. He's not a proven player to rely on.

Neves and Ndombele are certainly better than Winks right now.

I don't think we should really count on Winks until he can stay injury free for a whole season.
It's not good that he had two injuries and now a surgery on the same ankle.
He's too young for that. I love him as a player but I seriously worry about his ability to be fit long-term.

Weather is always factored into such projects and we didn’t have a bad winter. As for the stadium sponsorship - well it wasn’t in place with the first deadline and do you honestly believe that given the time that has passed previously we can secure on in as little as 5 weeks.

Listen it’s doesnt make you any less of a supporter to acknowledge our poor form. The custodians of the club are accountable to us not the other around and they failed on nearly all fronts this summer

Rather than press the X button (people get upset about that), may I say I disagree wholeheartedly with every word you have just posted.

Like I said, I guess we will see which of us is right come May 2019.

Harry Winks has played more top level football, including CL than N'Dombele. He has 37 more Premiership appearances.

Ruben Neves has never played in the Premier League either.

You're talking utter fraff.

Harry Winks is far, far more proven than Ligue 1 fodder and Championship/Primeira Liga fodder.

I wonder why we aren't winning everything every season since all our players are better than literally everyone we can possibly buy

I don't think we should really count on Winks until he can stay injury free for a whole season.
It's not good that he had two injuries and now a surgery on the same ankle.
He's too young for that. I love him as a player but I seriously worry about his ability to be fit long-term.
Exactly.

I don't doubt his potential but right now he's 22 (!) and he's only played 37 times in the prem INCLUDING sub appearances.

Sad to say it's just as likely he fails to make another 37 as it is that he becomes a world beater here.

its a real danger every year. weve only qualified for it 4 times since it started.

OK but its enhanced this year don't you think. Its not like we're City. Winning the league at a canter. We got two or three teams relatively close already. Without spending 200 mil and 90 mil quid goalkeepers.

When we lost to City in the the U.S. last summer it was the happiest of yours.

As far as I see it, we were linked with the right class throughout the summer, from prospects like Riqui Puig and that left back at PSG Arthur Zagre through to Grealish, Ceballos & Martial. None of them left their current clubs for different reasons so we are right to hold tight instead of crumble for someone like Gomes who I'm certain would have chose us over Everton if all terms were the same and we were genuinely interested.

We need to aim higher in the quality we attract and that comes with finely tuned risks that are taken losing options B & C that don't add genuine gloss to the squad

When we lost to City in the the U.S. last summer it was the happiest of yours.
Spurs fans up and down the country dejected at the boards abject failure to back their brilliant manager.

Meanwhile, a gloating SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur as he posts on TFC

Funniest_38543e_630668.gif

Winks had good half of season, great couple of games, but he's not better than thoose 3 players. And we are trying to find replacament for Dembele or Wanyama/Dier, not for Winks. He's the future.

We should sign fucking CM..
How short are you fuckers memories?! Winks outplayed Luka Modric this past season.

Chatting about a good half a season? As if you were hyping N'Dombele and Neves last year, right?

Anything shiny and new is better than us.

FFS....levy is a disgrace..we are a laughing stock..this bloke only cares about money, not about our team or supporters..he has shown no ambition to improve our squad while everyone around us are actually trying to improve..but let me guess the he built us a stadium brigade will try to defend even this. He built a stadium to make more money, I heard today that the catering at the new stadium is apparently being done by Mr levys catering company..the season has not even started and I'm already not excited for the big kick off, nice one Mr chairman..i personally am sick of him, I have been since he employed the joke we all knew he was that is avb... I'm sure he is trying to make mopo leave then he can say well we tried to take the next step...i don't expect everyone to agree with me, but even I didn't expect to be starting this season feeling deflated before it starts...i love my club, just not the chairman

Lost: absolutely nothing

Signed: Some of the best young talent in Europe to improved deals that should see them at Hotspur Way for many years. Kept our "rebels" onside.

People will melt because new toys are always better than old toys. But I think it's a marvelous window. Would fucking love to raise some silverware, thus christening the new ground and showing both barrels to the sky-travaganza that is the bullshit transfer industry.

:avbfu:

I’m happy that we’ve kept our best players, and haven’t depleted the squad depth. I’ll feel happier once the European window shuts, as there’s still potential for this to be a very poor window (if, for example, we sell Alderweireld, Dembele, and / or Rose abroad).

The team is improving as a unit, and (so far) it hasn’t been disrupted. Lucas Moura really is like a new signing, and I can’t wait to watch him this season. It’s not all doom and gloom.

That said, I can’t agree with some of the self-appointed ‘super fans’ on here, sneering at anyone complaining about the window. It’s feasible that Pochettino won’t really be happy, or that some of our players will see this as a lack of ambition. Central midfield is still a concern, and our squad depth isn’t as great as some make it out to be. As daft as it might sound, I think a big signing would also lift the mood of our fans in a season where we’ll be entering our new home. If we start off slowly I can see a lot of fans looking at this window and becoming increasingly angry. That could easily have a palpable effect on the atmosphere, and in turn our performances.

I have no issues with us keeping the squad together, but I can appreciate why a lot of people are disappointed. For one thing, I find it hard to believe there wasn’t a single obtainable player out there who could strengthen the team.

Bold statement but we got our work cut out. Its obviously a very real danger that we don't. Remove the Spurs spectacles.

What a strange thing to say?

I will never remove my Spurs spectacles

I’m Spurs, hopelessly biased and proud of it!

We may have our work cut out but I’m confident we will do it and challenge Dippers for 2nd

Maureen can battle it out with the Scum and Chavs for 4th

Back
Top Bottom