Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch's words seem to have largely lead to widespread acceptance of the situation.......we'll need to wait for someone to come up with a ridiculous hidden double meaning to them before everything kicks off again properly
I remember that ambiguous statement he made at Southampton when Cortese was thinking of jogging after getting no assurances from the new Liebherr regime to back his strategy for their PL era.
Asked: ‘If Nicola Cortese leaves will you stay?’
He replied:

"Of course not, because the person that has put his faith in me, in this club and as a manager is Nicola Cortese.
Nicola Cortese has basically been the reality at Southampton for the past four years

Has there been any internet offering out? Eg, "meet my outside LT's and i'll kick your eyes out you fucking mug.. I'll be wearing CP Goggles and Fruit of the Loom T-shirt" :ap:
One scheduled in E4 this evening as it happens.

Interesting whereabouts ???

Meh, I wouldn't call it a micro-critique.

Wasn't meant to be a slight on your point mate. Poor phrasing on my part maybe, but maybe this just plays into my broader feeling about the media in general (Yes, wholeheartedly fuck the media; equally we must take some responsibility and not be so eager to dancing to their tune; the cunts will ruin us all if we let them.)

I think it's been nothing but a cluster fuck from the last game of the season, right to this point today. The arguments around the interpretations are evidence of this, which have now manifested themselves into this transfer window. So many mixed messages to be found from his book, to each of his three or 4 last president conferences, to Cullen's words in the press during pre-season. All over the the fucking shopped all fuelling the rants and counter rants.

Funny, but if I look beyond TFC, this has been the least stressful window for me in years.

Poch said we weren't going to spend big so had modest expectations at best regarding incoming players whilst I was expecting a daily barrage of fresh/re-hashed red-top bullshit feverishly flogging our players (which on the whole didn't transpire).

Do you think it would have been any less divided on here if Poch been said "zero spend, zero sales" in May?

The media would have done any less fishing & spinning?

Those wanting to lynch Levy would be any more docile?

Sorry, dude we regrettably don't live in that world.

Last edited:
Now now. Some of his cunt status washed away when he scored the winner that knocked Woolwich out last season. He finally was useful.

Every cunt has it's day...

Some wait longer than others, mind...

8085198.jpg

I loved Henry the day the dickhead likely lost the Goons the CL final...

Even then, can't say those feelings lasted long.

Me, negative? Give over. Spursdem was right, you just lie when you’re in a corner, and you don’t support the club - that notion is ridiculous. We go a goal down and you go out hendstrikking or whatever you freaks do. You couldn’t support a matchstick dog.
Come on, you know just as well as me that you've historically been a pretty negative person on this forum. Also you don't think we'll ever be able to compete consistently with the likes of United etc.. Pretty ironic to call me out on giving up

Come on, you know just as well as me that you've historically been a pretty negative person on this forum. Also you don't think we'll ever be able to compete consistently with the likes of United etc.. Pretty ironic to call me out on giving up

Nothing ironic about you , you cunt , I've seen you give up in the race for top 4 in February when we're a goal behind after 20 minutes and 2nd in the table, irony has little to do with it , it's pathetic.

Word to the wise , keep your Mush out of the Royal Forest tonight , gonna get tasty.

You're abundantly easy to call out for negativity. You write off our season before Christmas every season.

What does our scouts do? Surely there are quality players out there that can be picked up without spending over the odds on players.

Levy always regarded as a hard negotiator, when was the last bargain buy we got, free transfer, loan. Look at Gomes, Meyer, Kovacic. All three would of been quality additions to our squad.
Yes we have picked up bargains in Dele, Trippier, Alderweireld and others. Yes some less than bargains such as Janssen and Llorente. Not even a Foyth type player for the future. I agree it is up to the scouts to find these players for Poch to look at.

There is no doubt that as a club we are utterly unique.

First Premier League side ever to not have signed a player in the summer window is quite amazing. Maybe says how good our squad is? I think we certainly have a valid argument to say we are closer by not having sold anyone but it is also a squad that I feel requires additions.

If the stance is to play a waiting game for those players it is like waiting for that 'perfect partner,' to walk into your life at the time you are able to meet their needs and possibly the aspirations of their parents and the assent of their friends - very difficult and how long is the wait.

If the being bold was to offer bigger and better contracts to our better players then it is a model that has merit but we have entered into the new season effectively saying we can and will develop what we have and that Pochettino is the man to do it.

I guess our collective surprise at our transfer inactivity is only matched by the surprise of the new contracts to Pochettino and Kane.

Back
Top Bottom