Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Berbatov, Sheringham, Carrick, Modric, Bale etc...etc....
I'm not being a cunt, im just saying we"ll probably sell Kane within 3 years anyway. So Bale for 3 years with Kane alongsise him seems a juicy thought.
If you believe we'll be keeping Kane forever then fair enough.

Sheringham 1997
Carrick 2006
Berbatov 2008
Modric 2012
Bale 2013

So you're basing your theory about Enic / DL on five players (one of whom left 4 years before they took over) so that's four players in 17 years of ENIC control ... the last of which left for a world record fee that was used to move the club forward to where we are today ...

You won't know this but none of these were Spurs lads ....

Teddy was Millwall then Forest ....
Michael was West Ham ....
Berbatov came from Germany and Modric from Croatia ....
Gareth from Southampton ....

Comparing them to Kane is so far off the mark it's ridiculous, Kane will stay as long as the money is right and the ambition of the club remains ... remember he could have signed for Barca, PSG, Bayern, Juventus, Inter, AC, Man City, Man Utd, even the feckin' Dippers at anytime in the last three years ... so what? he'd have won just as many Champions Leagues as he has with Spurs ... only RM can offer that and they've got the best front three in the world already ...

But ......
In three years Bale at 32 will probably be finished ... Kane on the other hand will be in his prime and worth, well feck knows, but let's say 150m ....
Are you suggesting we should gamble giving Kane away as a swap (and losing out on 150m in three years) to gain one 29 year old player now?

If you think it's a good idea to get Bale why not just spend 100m and buy Bale today? at the same time keeping Kane who is after all under contract ...
Sometimes your logic is just bizarre ... or did I read that wrong?
Are you drunk? The question I was responding to was would you take Bale now. if it meant Kane going to Madrid in 3 years!!!!
Not a straight swap tomorrow. And as I pointed out, there's a pretty good chance we'll sell Kane within 3 years any way. Why get so bitter and twisted about it. Couldn't find any young boys last night?

I'm just worried that I've agreed with most of what John Thomas John Thomas has said in here recently.

What the fuck.

:levyeyes:

Follow the watch and repeat

psych-hypnosis-watch.gif

John Thomas is right. John Thomas is always right.

Last edited:
Are you drunk? The question I was responding to was would you take Bale now. if it meant Kane going to Madrid in 3 years!!!!

Why the feck would Madrid agree to that? it's about as likely as you posting a positive comment ... I'd take Bale, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Kroos, KDB and promise them all a free fortnight on John Thomas's luxury island that he bought with all the money Joe Lewis gave him .... but I doubt that would would work either ...

Back
Top Bottom