Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's really not 'buzzing' after the victory is he?

...Same as straight after the game, when leaving was mentioned, both times he cracked a split second smile which had more genuine glee about it than it appears he drew from the CL win.

Not that any of that means hes coming here of course...

Here's a question - would you take bale if it meant they got Kane in 3 years?

Why the feck would Madrid agree to that? it's about as likely as you posting a positive comment ... I'd take Bale, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Kroos, KDB and promise them all a free fortnight on John Thomas's luxury island that he bought with all the money Joe Lewis gave him .... but I doubt that would would work either ...
I was simply replying to the post above yours. As did others. I never said they would agree to anything
You really have got serious issues man.

#ITK

images

Round_hay_bale_at_dawn02.jpg

I’m really not sold on sessegnon. He’s the exactly type of winger that poch doesn’t rate. He’s more the new Walcott than the new bale.
It's his instincts you are paying for. Like Dele. Always in the right place at the right time. He's the kind of kid Poch can sculpt.

Personally, I'd throw £30mil and stay at Fulham for the season.

I never understsnd this.... A "huge signing on fee" still constitutes money, only upfront rather than spread over the course of a contract with the rest of the wages.

Surely this proves even more problematic in the short term...?

I guess obv. question becomes how much is "huge"...

Is it subjected to less tax than a typical wage payment?

Assuming not, an extra 100kpw x 52weeks x 5yrs = £26m equivalent as a signing on fee.

+ £250 kpw x 52 x 5 = £65m total in wages.

+ north of £100m fee to RM

= £191m (minimum) total + bonuses + agent fees spent.

What about we pay him £150k per week, and £15 million bonus “when” we win the league, and another £15 million when we win the CL and £75k win bonus for every match we win?:levyeyes:

What about we pay him £150k per week, and £15 million bonus “when” we win the league, and another £15 million when we win the CL and £75k win bonus for every match we win?:levyeyes:

Lol.... You do all the probability calculations and get back to me; if its a goer i'll let Levy know....:allitongue:

Back
Top Bottom