Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doucoure from Watford, Bale, and DeLigt would be the best window ever. Not to fussed on Sessengon let him have a year in the premier league first. He was very hit and miss in the Chalpionship at times so we should see if he can cut it in the item before paying the 70 million they will want

3DF2FA5A-8276-4276-B514-390BAD23AB94.jpg

F80EADC0-E610-45E4-95CB-CFBDF5714575.jpg

651DBC05-0A28-4265-B252-B0410AF53826.gif

3C1CCA4E-539E-44DC-8CE7-DB30E039AA7C.jpg

I can’t say anymore at this delicate stage

Huge sign on fee plus lots of bonuses alongside 250k p/w maybe.

I never understsnd this.... A "huge signing on fee" still constitutes money, only upfront rather than spread over the course of a contract with the rest of the wages.

Surely this proves even more problematic in the short term...?

I guess obv. question becomes how much is "huge"...

Is it subjected to less tax than a typical wage payment?

Assuming not, an extra 100kpw x 52weeks x 5yrs = £26m equivalent as a signing on fee.

+ £250 kpw x 52 x 5 = £65m total in wages.

+ north of £100m fee to RM

= £191m (minimum) total + bonuses + agent fees spent.

Utd have already spunked a huge wedge on a player at the back end of his career, who incidentally is playing like shit at the moment in a team that parks the bus. Bale might look at whats happened to Sanchez and think not for me. And as you say, I doubt he'll get to play every week at City with their squad.

Lol.... City would find room for him.... Amirite, Mr Sterling?

:baletroll:

Last edited:
I never understsnd this.... A "huge signing on fee" still constitutes money, only upfront rather than spread over the course of a contract with the rest of the wages.

Assuming not, an extra 100kpw x 52weeks x 5yrs = £26m equivalent as a signing on fee.

these days, signing on fees are spread over the contract term. quite often loyaty based as well, in as much as as submitting a written transfer request means forfeiting the rest of the signing on fee. (which is why so many players do what Modric do with us. do everything short of putting it writing

these days, signing on fees are spread over the contract term. quite often loyaty based as well, in as much as as submitting a written transfer request means forfeiting the rest of the signing on fee. (which is why so many players do what Modric do with us. do everything short of putting it writing
It is also why Barca and Neymar are in a legal dispute. Neymar claims he is entitled to loyalty bonuses. But Barca claim that he waived those when he initiated talks with PSG behind their back

I think the only reason is to not disrupt wage structure. As i think agents and said player will be asked to keep shut about the sign on fee. Even though it still get reported widespread, Poch can just say he didnt know. So the wage structure can be kept tidy at around 150k pw. Ahh it also hinder to trigger the other contract to match highest earner.

Also there is this.

Aaaah, never realised they were one and the same thing.

Alway just took the term literally.

Back
Top Bottom