Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Instead of Bale and Pulisic we're going to get Shaqiri and Rondon

:walker-scream:

And what a lovely, joyous gay place this will be if that comes about

297872_v1.gif

If we're honest, a lot of our players deserve a pay rise. But I don't think any would begrudge a multiple title winner like Bale earning an elite purse. He'd be the highest paid player whoever he signed for probably. And I reckon all our players, bar none, would relish the chance of playing alongside such a legend.. ..I know I've mentioned it before, but we are being asked to pay an awful lot of money to watch our team. More than all our rivals. So I don't see why we should be expected to view signing Gareth Bale as a fantasy.

I wouldn't be interested in seeing him being brought back to the club he refused to play for, let alone become the highest paid. Harry deserves to have the right to be the top earner, as he's done more for Spurs than Bale did, and ever will do.

If that upsets some in here then before you start to flame me please understand that i really don't give a fuck.

If that upsets some in here then before you start to flame me please understand that i really don't give a fuck.
How anyone could not want to see a legend like Bale who gave us some of the best individual performances ever seen at Spurs return to grace our team is beyond me. And the stuff about refusing to play has never been proven either. But if you don't want to argue about it, I'll leave it there

How anyone could not want to see a legend like Bale who gave us some of the best individual performances ever seen at Spurs return to grace our team is beyond me. And the stuff about refusing to play has never been proven either. But if you don't want to argue about it, I'll leave it there

Short memories, he refused to play.

And you'd want a fucking turncoat back and paid more than players like Kane, Lloris, Jan and the like?

If you are that hungry to win something you need to go and support the blue half of Manchester.

Gareth Bale fails to turn up for Tottenham training as £90 million Real Madrid move hangs in the balance

You're one for reading between EVERY SINGLE LINE.

Bale had an "injury" that saw him miss our entire preseason that miraculously got better after going to Real.

Some amazing medicines in Madrid.

Bale had an "injury" that saw him miss our entire preseason that miraculously got better after going to Real.

Levy sated at the time (politically correct):

“Such has been the attention from Real and so great is Gareth’s desire to join them, that we have taken the view that the player will not be sufficiently committed to our campaign.”

He failed to turn up for training and would not go on the pre-season tour. That much is fucking obvious. If that's not refusing to play for Spurs, then bring him back to the club, pay him what he wants and to hell with Kane, Lloris, Jan and the likes they can pick among the scraps.

Loyalty, who needs it?

You think Dele would be best as a deep lying playmaker?

He'd still be very much involved in the attack. I just think those two guys would be able to facilitate the attack and keep the ball moving in those positions more so than what we've been seeing. Not saying they've been bad or anything, clearly they've done just fine. But I think redefining their roles could bring out more and could give opposing teams fits. It's at least worth a look.

Levy sated at the time (politically correct):

“Such has been the attention from Real and so great is Gareth’s desire to join them, that we have taken the view that the player will not be sufficiently committed to our campaign.”

He failed to turn up for training and would not go on the pre-season tour. That much is fucking obvious. If that's not refusing to play for Spurs, then bring him back to the club, pay him what he wants and to hell with Kane, Lloris, Jan and the likes they can pick among the scraps.

Loyalty, who needs it?
The idea that Bale quit on Spurs requires one to first honestly believe that we would ever consider turning down a world record transfer fee. Do you seriously believe that?

Levy attempted to put a good face on it, but we were never turning down that offer.

The whole Bale as a traitor idea is incredibly petty and boring. He was one of the 5 best players in the world at the time and left to play at arguably the largest club in the world and make 4-5x the wage he could make here AFTER TAX. Trying to cast him as a turncoat just makes you look a bit Spam-ish, shitting on Parker because he left the circus for WHL.

I think the Shaqiri rumours are just his agent getting his name out there and trying to engineer a move for him. God I hope we don’t sign him.
I would think he'd want to go somewhere to be a starter. If so, his agent should be looking at the bottom half of the table.

I wouldn't even want him on the bench.

He started his career in RM with an injury, which made him only play five full games of the first sixteen and miss five of the same sixteen games.

Wait what moving dele a bit deeper for tactical reasons would alienate him from the club? why would that mean he wants to leave? and when has he said he 'wants' to be a cam/second striker? Lampard used to get tons of goals playing cm in a 3 and dele could do the same , he would just have to be clever with his runs and know when he can arrive late in the box and when he has to be a bit more disciplined and retain his position . One of his best games for us last season was against liverpool at home when he played a bit deeper.

He’s not said it outright, it’s just my take on the situation. Yes, he started as a CM, but I think he’d be against a move back into deep CM. Maybe a 4-3-3 where he can play advanced would keep him happy but I doubt he’d want to play alongside Dier/Wanyama longterm in a 4-2-3-1.

I do think playing players deeper than they would like has the effect of alienating them as with Oxlade-Chamberlain and Woolwich.

Guess we’ll see what Dele thinks of it if it ever comes to pass. For now though I’m thinking it’d be safer to move Eriksen back as a deep lying playmaker instead of Dele.

The idea that Bale quit on Spurs requires one to first honestly believe that we would ever consider turning down a world record transfer fee. Do you seriously believe that?

Levy attempted to put a good face on it, but we were never turning down that offer.

The whole Bale as a traitor idea is incredibly petty and boring. He was one of the 5 best players in the world at the time and left to play at arguably the largest club in the world and make 4-5x the wage he could make here AFTER TAX. Trying to cast him as a turncoat just makes you look a bit Spam-ish, shitting on Parker because he left the circus for WHL.
Whether you are accepting an offer or not. You don't fail to turn up for training, refuse to go on tour and fake injury. You be professional.

Back
Top Bottom