Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've been living near Amsterdam the past year almost so I've gone to see Ajax play a couple of times. I know it's only the Eredivisie but it still really is crazy how impressive de Ligt is. The kid's mustard. So many similar attributes to Toby as well.

Fingers crossed his new multi is blah blah toure.
giphy.gif

It’s stuff like this that gets you interested.
He’s got 12 years on Toby, plus we have Jan, Sanchez and Foyth.
Foyth is unproven. Hasn't even got a league start yet (or appearance). Wouldn't consider APOEL to be top flight quality so the only top flight standard side he's played against is the pikeys... A loss. Far too soon to be including him in reasons why it's ok to lose Alderweireld. Might as well say Carter-Vickers...
I’m not bothered one bit about a 30yr greedy crock to be honest. We achieved last season without his help anyway.
Regressed in table position.
Stagnated in League Cup progression.
Stagnated in FA Cup progression.
Advanced in CL progression.

The last is a big tick given how hard it is to compete in but in the other 3 competitions we were not better than the previous season with Alderweireld in the team.

But before that happens, the poster must have serious doubts about Pochs view of what the team needs
It would to be silly to think Poch gets 100% of his decisions correct. Him and Levy paid £30 for Sissoko. That was a mistake. It is perfectly fine for someone to hold an opinion that Poch is making another mistake with Shaqiri.

Having said that, given the pricetag, Shaqiri will be a useful player for us once Poch gets him to lose the chubba chubs.

It’s stuff like this that gets you interested.
He’s got 12 years on Toby, plus we have Jan, Sanchez and Foyth.
I’m not bothered one bit about a 30yr greedy crock to be honest. We achieved last season without his help anyway.
And in two or three years, after another trophyless season, youll be saying exactly the same shit about De ligt as he refuses to sign an extension, gets left out the the team, and whored around to the highest bidder as his transfer value peaks. And the world of Levy economics continues to get the full backing of sammyspurs sammyspurs
And he's 29, just, not 30. Some would say around the peak age for a centre half. But 30 year old crock fits your agenda more, i guess.

Enough of JT's irrelevance ... here's some serious information ...

Spurs have been given permission to discuss a transfer with Anthony Martial's agents ... that doesn't mean he's signing, or even that Utd have agreed to sell ... but it is a BIG step ....

Enough of JT's irrelevance ... here's some serious information ...

Spurs have been given permission to discuss a transfer with Anthony Martial's agents ... that doesn't mean he's signing, or even that Utd have agreed to sell ... but it is a BIG step ....

Respectfully, where do you hear that ?

Back
Top Bottom