Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I even SPECIFICALLY STATED in my previous post that I support whoever pulls on Spurs jersey and give them a chance.

But to me it is extremely obvious that this forum right here is MEANT for discussing different targets and giving your opinion who would or would not be good addition. If it is not then it would be 1 post long, and this post would say "Whoever we sign we will have to support and back. Just trust the manager. Lets just let them work and we will update the thread if any signings are officially completed". It is not the case and your moral high-horsing is totally out of the place, mate.

You either trust the manager or you don’t.

If he wants Shaqiri and someone thinks Shaqiri is a fat, shit, and belongs in the championship, then that someone clearly must have serious question marks over Pochs idea of what kind of player we need.

Either that, or he can play his get out of jail free card, and avoid all criticism of the manager and simply claim that Levy has shafted him, one week after giving him the assurances he needed to sign a new contract.

#easylife

You either trust the manager or you don’t.

If he wants Shaqiri and someone thinks Shaqiri is a fat, shit, and belongs in the championship, then that someone clearly must have serious question marks over Pochs idea of what kind of player we need.

Either that, or he can play his get out of jail free card, and avoid all criticism of the manager and simply claim that Levy has shafted him, one week after giving him the assurances he needed to sign a new contract.

#easylife

*OR*

When Shaqiri rips it up, the poster can hold his hands up and say, fair play Poch, that's why Mr. Levy pays you £8m a year and not me.

But before that happens, the poster must have serious doubts about Pochs view of what the team needs

It's a difference of opinion that's all. Yes, one's opinion is at odds with the other's, however, that could just mean that people see different things within the same player. It does happen.

It's a difference of opinion that's all. Yes, one's opinion is at odds with the other's, however, that could just mean that people see different things within the same player. It does happen.

Opinions are fine, but writing off the player before the manager has even had a chance to work with him doesn’t show much “trust” in my opinion.

Shaqiri had never crossed my mind until the rumours. Not particularly interested in him.
What interests me is what Poch sees in him, and what vision he has for the player if the rumours are true.

I’m not interested in any player unless we sign them. I’d rather get excited about Shaqiri should he sign, than sit here crying over not signing Martial that’s all.

Opinions are fine, but writing off the player before the manager has even had a chance to work with him doesn’t show much “trust” in my opinion.

Shaqiri had never crossed my mind until the rumours. Not particularly interested in him.
What interests me is what Poch sees in him, and what vision he has for the player if the rumours are true.

I’m not interested in any player unless we sign them. I’d rather get excited about Shaqiri should he sign, than sit here crying over not signing Martial that’s all.

I certainly agree that we should be more interested in the signings we DO make. Honestly Martial doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. I personally think he needs to be played through the middle and we all know that is very unlikely to happen unless Harry gets another injury.

I'm not sure that having concerns about a player that Poch is possibly keen on really does show mistrust in the manager. I posted here earlier that I would be pissed off if we do sign Shaqiri, and I would be, because I personally think he's a luxury the team doesn't need. I would also be hoping to high fucking hell that Poch was right and I was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom