Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have we signed anyone yet???
My sources tell me wendy the tea lady is close to signing. She is wavering due to levy insisting she provides the tea bags & milk, & hires the mugs & kettle from him.
She also has to sew AIA on the front of her apron in her own time.
Will bring further updates when talks reach boiling point.

Rondon is decent but we already saw that buy strikers in that mold is just waste money. Unless we seriously have a system with two strikers used regularly we shouldn’t buy a proper number nine. Son and a kid like Griffiths it’s fine. We should invest on the midfield. And heavily.

We need to sign a decent striker to Help Kane, we are in Four competitions long season after world cup and new stadium with a trophy would be perfect. Unfortunately, players do get injured.

A few years back on another forum, far, far away, I championed the signing of Rondon. I think that might have added to the reasons why I was deleted that time.

We need to sign a decent striker to Help Kane, we are in Four competitions long season after world cup and new stadium with a trophy would be perfect. Unfortunately, players do get injured.

I disagree.

We looked perfectly fine without Kane.

Willing to bet if we played Llorente away at Stamford Bridge we probably wouldn't have won.

Nothing wrong with Son playing up there or even Lamela as a false nine. But then we need anther winger to come in. Which is probably why we are linked with them.

Laugh at Woolwich for signing the likes of Leichsteiner and Fellaini yet we are after Shaqiri and Rondon ffs.

The striker situation is why I think Martial could well be the absolutely perfect signing. As many have said signing an out and out striker good enough to challenge Kane is neigh on impossible. Martial however would be ideal, he's good enough to claim a starting place on the wing, whilst also very adept at playing number 9 if so required. I know its probably never going to happen, but it would just tick so many boxes.

The striker situation is why I think Martial could well be the absolutely perfect signing. As many have said signing an out and out striker good enough to challenge Kane is neigh on impossible. Martial however would be ideal, he's good enough to claim a starting place on the wing, whilst also very adept at playing number 9 if so required. I know its probably never going to happen, but it would just tick so many boxes.
Too expensive for us.

I have heard exactly 0 words about Shaqiri from Poch mouth. I am fairly confident, that he is not fan of Shaq, as the skillset nor mentality nor consistency (btw, you point out how inconsistent Lamela and Son is, but you totally ignore the fact that Shaq has even worse case of incosistency on himself!) of the player does not make him likely target to me. I believe it is just agent trying to get attention on him. I might be wrong ofc, and I do not claim to have any inside info, just basing this on my own judgement.

Sentence "Well if Poch wants him, you must have some major issues with the managers competence." is absurdly stupid. I mean, we can all agree that there have been some transfers that have failed badly (Llorente, N'Koudou, Janssen). Yet I agree that on aggregated level we have done well to put together team of this standard for the amount we have done it for. ABSOLUTELY NONE of this means that I have issues with manager competence - with this strategy you are bound to make mistakes, and saying that one player is a flop or that I believe specific player would be pointless addition does not mean saying that the gaffer is not competent, baffles me how someone could suggest it is...
Whatever mate, the fact is I’ll back whoever we sign unconditionallly.

Will you

:harrysmile:

For the right wages I'd take Yaya Toure on. He's won the champions league, the Spanish league, the premier league and fuck knows how many cups. He likely knows he wouldn't be first choice here but could offer great depth and be someone that other players could learn from. Dare I say he could be an Edgar David's type signing?

For the right wages I'd take Yaya Toure on. He's won the champions league, the Spanish league, the premier league and fuck knows how many cups. He likely knows he wouldn't be first choice here but could offer great depth and be someone that other players could learn from. Dare I say he could be an Edgar David's type signing?

Yeah, he really fits the profile of a Poch signing. Mid thirties, bit of a twst, lazy and with a history of making false accusations of racism. It would be like signing SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur

£1 a week, bargain.....

Yeah, he really fits the profile of a Poch signing. Mid thirties, bit of a twst, lazy and with a history of making false accusations of racism. It would be like signing SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom