Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

John Marquis: Doncaster Rovers striker signs new deal

I don’t really think he’s the backup for Kane that we really want...

:roseunsure:
giphy.gif

Don't really understand the Barrios links. He's a dm and I'd say we're pretty stacked in that position unless Dier is moved to cb or Wanyama is off (which I hope he isn't). Wanyama imo is our best cdm and just needs to find his feet again after his injury. If Barrios is the Dembele replacement I might start crying
Feels like we had quite a bit of mediocrity at DM last season. Dier seems to have reached his ceiling; Wanyama looked a shadow of his former self, but I hope he's given a chance to regain.

Now don’t get me wrong...the peace is good.

BUT

Has anyone else noticed how the thread died on it arse the minute the cunt offs stopped.
I actually came here for tweets and discussion. Fuck all mate..

:harrylol:

Feels like we had quite a bit of mediocrity at DM last season. Dier seems to have reached his ceiling; Wanyama looked a shadow of his former self, but I hope he's given a chance to regain.
Yes agree: He had a ripper of a season before last!

Now don’t get me wrong...the peace is good.

BUT

Has anyone else noticed how the thread died on it arse the minute the cunt offs stopped.
I actually came here for tweets and discussion. Fuck all mate..

:harrylol:
My ONLY response to this as I promised not get involved....

You’re on another thread saying Messi is shit and only a couple of people can be bothered arguing the point, as everyone else knows they are in for days of pain and annoyance if they engage with you.

The process of you coming on here and posting whatever you like, to deafening silence, is well under way. You’re soon going to get the echo chamber you so obviously are striving for.

If you were able to admit you’re opinion may not be fact sometimes, or let someone else have the last word maybe once a year, it might not happen. My breath isn’t being held.

That’s why I’ve stopped posting so much. I imagine I’m not alone.

Last edited:
My ONLY response to this as I promised not get involved....

You’re on another thread saying Messi is shit and only a couple of people can be bothered arguing the point, as everyone else knows they are in for days of pain and annoyance if they engage with you.

The process of you coming on here and posting whatever you like, to deafening silence, is well under way. You’re soon going to get the echo chamber you so obviously are striving for.

If you were able to admit you’re opinion may not be fact sometimes, or let someone else have the last word maybe once a year, it might not happen. My breath isn’t being held.

That’s why I’ve stopped posting so much. I imagine I’m not alone.
Only I said Messi was world class

Probably how most cunt offs start.....I think Ronaldo, Bale and Zlatan are more rounded and proven across different leagues and so better players:

Therefore you think I said Messi is shit.

It’s a modern trick I’m afraid. Say something fake enough times, it becomes true.
React full on to the outright heresy that someone does not think Messi is the best player that ever lived.
HE MUST BE A TROLL HE SAID MESSI IS SHIIIIIIIIIT

I could argue, but like I said, I’m enjoying the peace, and the World Cup actually
Enjoy not reading things and arguing against what no one said.

Only I said Messi was world class

Probably how most cunt offs start.....I think Ronaldo, Bale and Zlatan are more rounded and proven across different leagues and so better players:

Therefore you think I said Messi is shit.

It’s a modern trick I’m afraid. Say something fake enough times, it becomes true.
React full on to the outright heresy that someone does not think Messi is the best player that ever lived.
HE MUST BE A TROLL HE SAID MESSI IS SHIIIIIIIIIT

I could argue, but like I said, I’m enjoying the peace, and the World Cup actually
Enjoy not reading things and arguing against what no one said.
Right back at you. Keep smiling!

Barrios looks alright, but I think we could do better.
Hes obviously tough and has a good defensive game. Seems like he can pass a bit too.
I don't trust the vids as I don't rate Latin American club football all that much. Is it even on par with Eredivisie?
Not sure how he fits in with Dier or Wanyama, who I both rate above Barrios based on age/talent from what I've seen so far.

Back
Top Bottom