Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just amusing myself by perusing the Villa forum thread on Grealish again.

Apparently we are envious of them because of their history and because they won a couple of trophies in the 90s.

I suppose it's a bit like being envious of someone with syphilis because it means they must have had Sex once.

Fuck me, I better add them to this mythical and ever expanding list of 'rivals'.

Last edited:
Just amusing myself by perusing the Villa forum thread on Grealish again.

Apparently we are envious of them because of their history and because they won a couple of trophies in the 90s.

I suppose it's a bit like being envious of someone with syphilis because it means they must have has Sex once.

Fuck me, I better add them to this mythical and ever expanding list of 'rivals'.
Villa are odd......another team that hates us because we think we are a big club, but really we’re no bigger than them.
Yeah I wish we had gambled on bankruptcy to get ourselves out of the Champo, and lost. I’m so jealous that they won something in 1980.

Add them to the rest of the clubs that we are no bigger than and hate us....heard it all before, Villa Southampton, Pompey, Charlton....hold on, three of them went bust, and here we are gatecrashing the top 3.

Villa will probably never play in our lovely new ground in a league game for a very, very long time.
But yeah, well done, 20 years ago your ground used to host semi finals.

Well jealous of them

Barrios looks alright, but I think we could do better.
Hes obviously tough and has a good defensive game. Seems like he can pass a bit too.
I don't trust the vids as I don't rate Latin American club football all that much. Is it even on par with Eredivisie?
Not sure how he fits in with Dier or Wanyama, who I both rate above Barrios based on age/talent from what I've seen so far.

The way I look at it Poch watches a lot of football on tv, and specifically follows the Argentine league which of course he knows personally, so if he rates this guy then that's probably a really good sign that he's the real deal and Poch has seen attributes in the player that put him ahead of the rest.

The way I look at it Poch watches a lot of football on tv, and specifically follows the Argentine league which of course he knows personally, so if he rates this guy then that's probably a really good sign that he's the real deal and Poch has seen attributes in the player that put him ahead of the rest.

is the bid confirmed yet even? i was not aware poch had said anything about him officially...

is the bid confirmed yet even? i was not aware poch had said anything about him officially...

Don't think so but the rumors sound plausible, we'll just have to wait and see if it comes to anything or not. If we buy him then Poch has at least a say in it and given the league we'd be buying from it's reasonable to think he has a bigger hand it in than some of our other transfers.

giphy.gif

Damn... I thought he was reaching for a hip-flask!

Back
Top Bottom