Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I stand by it. Their team is really poor by Barcelona standards, I think you'll find Barca fans agreeing

You'll have to point out to me who is notably "incapable" out of their first XI...

Being the transfer 'slut' you are, i bet you'd gladly take any of them here...

Last edited:
The mushrooms kicked in big time last night...

Was sure I had Poch's "risks" clear in my head... John Thomas John Thomas was right, we were about to make one or two big name signings. No other way it could be interpreted.

Right?

:pochserious:

Then sammyspurs sammyspurs made me realise that it is riskier to buy players from lower leagues. So I'm wondering if Poch actually meant we're going to buy players from even lower than league 1, all the while he signs a bumper new deal.

:pochsmirk:

SpursFan2000 SpursFan2000 kamikazes in with Post Of The Summer.

Hrytn Hrytn gets in from the pub, ripe for an argument and even though no one seems to know what his argument is, they are only too happy to oblige. (I'm not 100% clear if he is sammyspurs sammyspurs ' un-quoting, linguistically unleashed alter-ego/multi. I wonder how long he can hold out before he links the Oxford dictionary definition of DELUDED).

:avbcringe:

Sammy and ArcspacE ArcspacE actually agreed on something, although they (for once) completely ignored each other's posts.

I was flying by the time Fidel Castro Fidel Castro accused SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur (if only you were a centralist dictator) of getting a bit Mussolini.

Somewhere I watched a match where we had tenuously been linked (on these very pages) with the majority of midfielders on show... Moutinho, Isco, Joao Mario, Bruno Fernandes, Thiago, Iniesta, Quaresma, Carvalho. All of whom look decent btw.

Meanwhile some cunt :cunt: has now started a second transfer thread, which I also have to keep on top of, just because of all the cunt-offs in this one. But all the cunts have got wind and are heading over there so I figure this is the safest place to be.

At the end of it all our spend (fuck all) is directly comparative to our net spend (fuck all) and it even looks like well miss out on Jack Grealish.

I live in fear of the day my wife searches my internet history and sees the shit I've read through on here.
One of the funniest posts on here ever. Brilliant.

Maybe on the basis of potential but not on performance. So many Barca players have disappointed this season

Yet still not a single name offered in order to support your claim...

Dembele was injured for a fair stretch.... Coutinho is new, but known to be able to do more than merely 'do a job", Stegen is no joke between the sticks...

Unless you mean developing, 'potential' players like Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Rakatic and the like...

:pochrolleyes:

Tbf I'm not sure how paulinho is starting for them in midfield. Watched him a bit during some barcelona matches and also for Brazil and he's not up to either of those teams' "standards". He has scored a few which is probably keeping him his spot but his general play is really lacking.

Tbf I'm not sure how paulinho is starting for them in midfield. Watched him a bit during some barcelona matches and also for Brazil and he's not up to either of those teams' "standards". He has scored a few which is probably keeping him his spot but his general play is really lacking.
Reminds me of David Platt, lucky footballers.

Ah, i'd forgotten about Da 'Linho.

:dembelelol:

Together with Sissoko he is one of life’s great mysteries.

I’d fucking love it if we signed Fekir!

1. He’s a good player who’d improve us.
2. It’ll piss off Liverpool fans again, they’d create a petition to stop us signing him and then he’d score the winner against them in our new ground.

Yet still not a single name offered in order to support your claim...

Dembele was injured for a fair stretch.... Coutinho is new, but known to be able to do more than merely 'do a job", Stegen is no joke between the sticks...

Unless you mean developing, 'potential' players like Suarez, Iniesta, Busquets, Rakatic and the like...

:pochrolleyes:
key word: team

If you remove Messi from that team they look absolutely hopeless

Back
Top Bottom