Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What young forward have we promoted? We finished 23 points below City last season, that's not a challenge. The season before we were always playing catch-up to Chelsea. Right now we stand to fall even further behind

We just gave Griffiths an extension to his scholarship who knows, maybe he will break through....that excites me.
Tossing off over Immobile doesn’t.

You keep “giving up”......we will probably sign Grealish, why do you keep mocking us.

And as I said, City spent 800M to finish above us once in three seasons. Of course we are challenging. No one came near them last season, yet you claim the team that finished 25pts behind City are doing better than us.

It’s the same argument every year.

There’s two outlooks basically:

You either believe that Poch committed to this club knowing exactly what we are.
Or
You believe he’s been tricked and there is turmoil and catastrophe awaiting us this window.

Accept that your ideas are different to the clubs, and that includes the manager.
Too many people want to slate the club, but hold the manager outside of that.
The fact is, you slate the policy then you are slating Poch, because he’s it’s biggest advocate.

By your twisted logic Woolwich were actually the title contenders that season since they finished above us. You're not a contender 10-15 points behind - jog on
Fucking HELL, no by my logic they were not contenders, they haven't contested a title for 15yrs mate. My logic is we were the LAST club left in the race. Our challenge finished mathematically when we drew against Chelsea, that's the night Leicester were confirmed Champions, were were still 2nd that night. They overtook us to 2nd place in the remaining games. THEY DIDN"T CHALLENGE, THEY COULDN"T CHALLENGE because mathematically it was impossible for them to challenge.

Mum took your laptop away this morning, Craig?

Woolwich were the 2nd club that season - we finished 3rd

Stalking game still strong. I see. You're not very good at it though.

Well done, Woolwich finished 2nd. ONCE THE RACE WAS OVER, you helmet.

Next you'll be sprouting the finished 3rd in a two horse race bollocks. You've been found out you nonce.

Fucking HELL, no by my logic they were not contenders, they haven't contested a title for 15yrs mate. My logic is we were the LAST club left in the race. Our challenge finished mathematically when we drew against Chelsea, that's the night Leicester were confirmed Champions, were were still 2nd that night. They overtook us to 2nd place in the remaining games. THEY DIDN"T CHALLENGE, THEY COULDN"T CHALLENGE because mathematically it was impossible for them to challenge.
You said 'title challengers' - that means contenders. You're now twisting and changing the story

Stalking game still strong. I see. You're not very good at it though.

Well done, Woolwich finished 2nd. ONCE THE RACE WAS OVER, you helmet.

Next you'll be sprouting the finished 3rd in a two horse race bollocks. You've been found out you nonce.
We were never in that race to begin with - just petty SKY agenda to boost viewing numbers - same with Utd this year.

We just gave Griffiths an extension to his scholarship who knows, maybe he will break through....that excites me.
Tossing off over Immobile doesn’t.

You keep “giving up”......we will probably sign Grealish, why do you keep mocking us.

And as I said, City spent 800M to finish above us once in three seasons. Of course we are challenging. No one came near them last season, yet you claim the team that finished 25pts behind City are doing better than us.

It’s the same argument every year.

There’s two outlooks basically:

You either believe that Poch committed to this club knowing exactly what we are.
Or
You believe he’s been tricked and there is turmoil and catastrophe awaiting us this window.

Accept that your ideas are different to the clubs, and that includes the manager.
Too many people want to slate the club, but hold the manager outside of that.
The fact is, you slate the policy then you are slating Poch, because he’s it’s biggest advocate.
Griffiths was given a scholarship deal and you think he's been promoted to the first team. Christ. I like the idea of signing Grealish and I rate him. I don't care whether we finish 3rd or 4th, to me there's no difference. Like to you there's no difference between losing the chl final and going out in ro16. Answer me this, do you see us winning the league in the next 5 years the way things are looking?

Telling that during the window certain Spurs fans opinions of our club start to echo that of the fans that hate us:

Spurs are nowhere near
Spurs will never win anything
Spurs players will all leave
Spurs lack ambition
Spurs are a shambles
Spurs are deluded
Spurs squad is weak

Sounds like the views of Liverpool and West Ham fans to be honest

You said 'title challengers' - that means contenders. You're now twisting and changing the story
"LAST TEAM IN THE RACE". read it again, then again and than again, some of it might sink in.

You can't challenge for a title if you can't mathematically win it, that is just about the dumbest thing going. Woolwich were not challengers, they never were. We were.

Griffiths was given a scholarship deal and you think he's been promoted to the first team. Christ. I like the idea of signing Grealish and I rate him. I don't care whether we finish 3rd or 4th, to me there's no difference. Like to you there's no difference between losing the chl final and going out in ro16. Answer me this, do you see us winning the league in the next 5 years the way things are looking?

Can you show me where I said he was promoted to the first team?

I’ve tried the diplomatic way, now you’re just pissing me off, so here goes, give up on Spurs again.
Please, and stick to it this time, don’t come crawling back, you fairweather muppet.
If it’s all so much better in Liverpool or Manchester then the door is open. Bye bye

We were never in that race to begin with - just petty SKY agenda to boost viewing numbers - same with Utd this year.

How would you define a race?

We were 5 points behind them with 12 points to play for.

*That's 4 games incase you didn't know.

x

"LAST TEAM IN THE RACE". read it again, then again and than again, some of it might sink in.

You can't challenge for a title if you can't mathematically win it, that is just about the dumbest thing going. Woolwich were not challengers, they never were. We were.
Neither were we - as much as you try and spin otherwise.

Can you show me where I said he was promoted to the first team?

I’ve tried the diplomatic way, now you’re just pissing me off, so here goes, give up on Spurs again.
Please, and stick to it this time, don’t come crawling back, you fairweather muppet.
If it’s all so much better in Liverpool or Manchester then the door is open. Bye bye
You said we just promoted a striker and therefore shouldn't bother with a player like Immobile. I'm a Tottenham fan and want to see the team do well and I want us to win trophies. I don't care about Liverpool or United. You didn't answer my question either, do you see us winning the league in the next few years?

As I said, "semantics" but if you are the last team left with the possibility to win then you are in the race and we have been in the race to win a title for 2 of the last 3 seasons.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.
Your facts are a-contextual. Wonder how many think Utd were genuine contenders this season

Your facts are a-contextual. Wonder how many think Utd were genuine contenders this season
They were, right up to the point they weren't. Their's is an interesting one, because at no point did they "look like" a good team. Whilst Liverpool and us did look like good teams but neither of us were challengers this year. What's interesting is that had either Liverpool or us been in the same points position as Utd the 'feeling" or look of the challenge may have been different. But the fact remains they were the last team left in the race this season and were in that position for the entire season too, even when the points difference was closer.

You said we just promoted a striker and therefore shouldn't bother with a player like Immobile. I'm a Tottenham fan and want to see the team do well and I want us to win trophies. I don't care about Liverpool or United. You didn't answer my question either, do you see us winning the league in the next few years?
Yeah I see us winning the title, and I’m enjoying the growth.

Some people want to do a Chelsea or a City....or spend like Liverpool, tough shit, that’s not us.
Poch could have gone to Madrid if he wanted to click his fingers and get any player he wanted. He chose to commit his long term future to this project, so if anyone wants to slate it, fine. You can all man up and start digging out the manager then, instead of making up shit about him being duped by Levy.

I want trophies I want trophies......picked the wrong club then it seems.

Back
Top Bottom