Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This talk of us getting in Messi AND Ronaldo seems a bit far fetched ... especially when we supposedly already have Bale and Modric on the way.

Then again, this doesn't look that bad.
[formation=4231, Hugo, Trips, Sanchez, Jan, Rose, Dier, Modric, Bale, Messi, Ronaldo, Kane][/formation]

Where’s Sissoko?

What a child - LMFAO
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

First off nobody's talking about 200m+ signings so that's some bollocks. Secondly, bit funny when you talk about the Tottenham way considering we broke transfer records during the clubs most succesful era

You dont know what the Tottenham way is clearly, so maybe not comment on it. The Tottenham way is a style of football, an ethic and an approach to the game implemented from the days of Rowe's Push and Run.

Its the reason why the AVB's of this world will NEVER succeed here and why they wont be generally accepted by Spurs fans, other than those who dont care about watching paint dry as long as long you win every game 1-0 with 11 men behind the ball going sideways. Trophies over good football, because they cant be bothered to wait for both.

Tottenham Hotspur's glory, glory game is no longer a thing of the past

Fuck all to do with transfers

This is a superb post to be fair and hammers home the illustrious history some of our younger fans often overlook. We are a bigger club than many of our own supporters give us credit for.

Thought you would know better to be honest.......The Tottenham Way was never about "not signing players for big money". The Danes modern spin is one thing, you backing it is weird

Thought you would know better to be honest.......The Tottenham Way was never about "not signing players for big money". The Danes modern spin is one thing, you backing it is weird
The point that was being made was in reply to a comment made by PhippsyD that it has never been the Tottenham way to spend big money on transfers. That was clearly bullshit, as we used to be amongst the biggest spenders on transfers, even the biggest. At a time when the club was its most succesful ever. So you can twist my words and those of The Dane The Dane as much as you like. The point still stands. The Rt Hon member was talking nonsense

You dont know what the Tottenham way is clearly, so maybe not comment on it. The Tottenham way is a style of football, an ethic and an approach to the game implemented from the days of Rowe's Push and Run.

Its the reason why the AVB's of this world will NEVER succeed here and why they wont be generally accepted by Spurs fans, other than those who dont care about watching paint dry as long as long you win every game 1-0 with 11 men behind the ball going sideways. Trophies over good football, because they cant be bothered to wait for both.

Tottenham Hotspur's glory, glory game is no longer a thing of the past

Fuck all to do with transfers

You have this incredible ability to take things completely out of context

The point that was being made was in reply to a comment made by PhippsyD that it has never been the Tottenham way to spend big money on transfers. That was clearly bullshit, as we used to be amongst the biggest spenders on transfers, even the biggest. At a time when the club was its most succesful ever. So you can twist my words and those of The Dane The Dane as much as you like. The point still stands. The Rt Hon member was talking nonsense

Twist the Danes words? I was responding to his post, I didnt read PhippsyD's which was also wrong. Spending has zero to do with the Tottenham Way, as I said.
Just found it funny you jumping all over a post with such glee that was also way off the mark

You have this incredible ability to take things completely out of context

And in this case I did.....no problems admitting that.
Would be nice if you could also hold your hands up one day though wouldnt it:

We dont need prospects we need players to improve the first team
We should sign Barkley to replace Dembele

So you think Barkley is an upgrade on Dembele
I didnt say that

So you want to downgrade with Dembeles replacement

I dont think Barkley is better than Dembele yet but in future he will be

But you said you dont want prospects

What are you talking about?

Sound familiar...?

So you agree that traditionally Spurs have been big spenders.
Good. At least you know your history. Glad we've cleared that up.

Yeah, we've spent big, but its not a tradition. We nearly went bankrupt once too....YIPEEEEEE!!

However under Levy, the tradition has become to maintain self sufficiency and not jeapordise the clubs financial strength. The club has gotten richer and richer, as it progresses.
The policy is working. The club can spend what it wants, as long as its within its means.

Ive never said otherwise. You would like us to get into Joe Lewis pocket for several billion and do a City.
Live with the fact that you just aint on board with this regime and the journey its taken us on.

You're outside mate looking in, wishing we were Chelsea.

However under Levy, the tradition has become to maintain self sufficiency and not jeapordise the clubs financial strength. The club has gotten richer and richer, as it progresses.
The policy is working. The club can spend what it whats, as long as its within its means.
How do you quantify your statement that the policy is working?
If its measured by club profits and boardroom bonuses then i guess I'd have to agree.
But as a football fan, I prefer to use titles and trophies to guage success. In that respect, (1 league cup in 2 decades), your statement that the policy is working doesn't really stand up, does it

If its measured by club profits and boardroom bonuses then i guess I'd have to agree.
But as a football fan, I prefer to use titles and trophies to guage success. In that respect, (1 league cup in 2 decades), your statement that the policy is working doesn't really stand up, does it
Long term sustained success cannot be had unless built on solid foundations!
(And no lingering questions asked about where the club gets its monies/backing from)

Finishing 14th and no Europe, to finishing 5th and EL to finishing 2nd/3rd and regular Champions league, building a new stadium and taking our wage bracket up to 200k a week.
Failure in your eyes though because we havent won the double every year for the last decade.

This part of your post just sums you and your like up to a tee. Nothing can please you unless its silverware and you dont give a shit how it comes about.

The things I mentioned above, the only thing that was'nt really from a fans point of view regarding success was Kanes wages.....funnily enough, something you have been demanding we do.

I think that your post is shameful.

Put it this way John, if the club is failing, then Poch is failing, and Kane and Dele and Eriksen are failing.
I told you before that your praise was fake......you think Liverpool had a better season. You think Klopp is doing better than Poch.

Says it all

Long term sustained success cannot be had unless built on solid foundations!
(And no lingering questions asked about where the club gets its monies/backing from)

He doesnt care mate.....trophies at all costs.

He'd love to be owned by adodgy Russian laundering his illegal cash through us, a group of Yanks that just want somewhere to dump the 500Bn dollar debts, a state in the middle east who own the company that owns the stadium that sponsers the team that sponsers that stadium that pays the company that funds the state in the middle east.....FFP, yeah you know me!!

It just doesnt matter, just like it doesnt to all the tabloids who sit there sucking off Chelsea, Liverpool, Utd and City while shitting on Spurs for not following the pack that is destroying the game.
And John is right in there with them, shitting on our club.

Back
Top Bottom