Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No we're not doing shit. And we are progressing.
I just feel that with more net investment in the playing squad we could have achieved more than we have. Particularly in the last 5 or 6 years. I'm just frustrated that profits and re-sale value allways seem to be the overriding factor and I just cant agree with that philosophy. Anyways, I'm running away now before you get me binned. You'll have to find someone else to argue with tonight.
Bye mate.

Dont you ever get tired? Can you leave us in peace to enjoy our recent success?

And in this case I did.....no problems admitting that.
Would be nice if you could also hold your hands up one day though wouldnt it:

We dont need prospects we need players to improve the first team
We should sign Barkley to replace Dembele

So you think Barkley is an upgrade on Dembele
I didnt say that

So you want to downgrade with Dembeles replacement

I dont think Barkley is better than Dembele yet but in future he will be

But you said you dont want prospects

What are you talking about?

Sound familiar...?
I've been very positive about signing Grealish who I consider a prospect. I'm not against signing prospects, I just want us to sign a mixture of experienced players and younger players with potential

Maddison from Norwich would have been good waste of a few years going to Leicester! Nainggolan aswell but at 30 too old not sure why Inter are taking him? €24 million is not out of it

Just find it odd that people want to read transfer news then dont post any
Should we just start making shit up then like SC? There's only a limited amount of legit Spurs news to comment on in a day. Nobody is losing out if the transfer window thread goes silent for 30 minutes. In fact, I'd say we're better off.

Should we just start making shit up then like SC? There's only a limited amount of legit Spurs news to comment on in a day. Nobody is losing out if the transfer window thread goes silent for 30 minutes. In fact, I'd say we're better off.
But for some of us the summer transfer thread is one of the highlights of our lives. We spend months preparing for it, stocking the fridge etc...Surely you understand this.

So to stop the thread going quiet, someone should post a transfer story or an opinion on who we should sign.

The reaction to this is getting shouted at for a day, being told you are a shit supporter for wanting new players, you think Leicester are “winning the transfer window”, you think a Poch is the reincarnation of Christian Gross, Ross Barkley is Pele the second and Klopp is the worlds finest football manager.

All for saying you’d quite fancy seeing us splurge on a big name player. Nah, you’re alright. Ta for the offer though. This thread can die a deserved death.

Does it not seem a bit obvious that the world cup, a lack of ST sales plus our traditionally late(ish) summer transfer window approach would suggest we will be very late this year to make any moves?

If I were Levy my decisions would be very heavily influenced by how much guaranteed revenue I will be bringing in.

Having to refund 1/19 of home rev, even net of Wembley money will have an effect, in my view.

Does it not seem a bit obvious that the world cup, a lack of ST sales plus our traditionally late(ish) summer transfer window approach would suggest we will be very late this year to make any moves?

If I were Levy my decisions would be very heavily influenced by how much guaranteed revenue I will be bringing in.

Having to refund 1/19 of home rev, even net of Wembley money will have an effect, in my view.
You may fool the rest of the board Daniel, but you aint fooling me

tenor.gif

We cannot stoop as low as some of those misguided bullshits artists at SC, the way they are treating the people on that forum begs beyond belief, nearly as bad as Harry Hotspur! At least we can give it back to those we believe are telling bullshit!

So to stop the thread going quiet, someone should post a transfer story or an opinion on who we should sign.

The reaction to this is getting shouted at for a day, being told you are a shit supporter for wanting new players, you think Leicester are “winning the transfer window”, you think a Poch is the reincarnation of Christian Gross, Ross Barkley is Pele the second and Klopp is the worlds finest football manager.

All for saying you’d quite fancy seeing us splurge on a big name player. Nah, you’re alright. Ta for the offer though. This thread can die a deserved death.
So you can post off topic shit like this and that’s ok.....another one pretending he hasn’t been arguing page after page...at least my posts are about transfer policy. What’s this shit about?
Thread manners?

“This is my last post......this is my last post......I won’t get dragged in again.......this time I won’t get dragged in.......ok this is my last post.......”

Lolololol

You can post what you want, it’s an open forum.
You bang on about SC then act like one of their moderaters.
If two people are debating or arguing about transfer policy and you don’t like it, don’t read it.

What’s the difference not reading the thread because it has no news and not reading the thread because the discussion doesn’t interest you?

It’s extremely easy to scroll down until you see a tweet....or get twitter if that’s why you come to the thread.
Or you can always post irrelevant negative shit about Grealish eh, that’s ok right.

You mean your still celebrating our 2008 league cup win?

Celebrating three successive seasons in the CL for the first time in our history ... I know that means nothing to 'Glory Hunters' and 'only Trophies count' fickle fans like you ... but I'll celebrate it all day long ....

Can't wait to get into our new ground (yeah I'll celebrate that as well) next season a decent challenge and a cup run or two, will happily celebrate those should they come along ...

You should try it JT, smiling and being happy, celebrating even small things, it would make your life so much better ... go on give it a go

A lack of season ticket sales ??????????

Spurs are expected to increase their match-day income from 60m to 100m with most of that increase coming through season ticket and corporate sales .... 96% of Season Tickets sold six weeks before the season starts .... .... how the feck do you make that 'a lack of season ticket sales' ...

Levy made his key decisions Pochettino, Kane, etc. weeks ago ... outgoing players Dembele, Toby, Danny will determine any new signings ... nobody leaves, then nobody new signs ... that would be OK with Winks, Onomah, Rose, Toby who are all squad players who hardly played last season .... if you paid any attention at all, Dembele, Toby, and Danny have all said no decision will be made until after the World Cup ...

Negativity for the sake of it ... are you John Thomas in disguise ?????

A lack of season ticket sales ??????????

Spurs are expected to increase their match-day income from 60m to 100m with most of that increase coming through season ticket and corporate sales .... 96% of Season Tickets sold six weeks before the season starts .... .... how the feck do you make that 'a lack of season ticket sales' ...

Levy made his key decisions Pochettino, Kane, etc. weeks ago ... outgoing players Dembele, Toby, Danny will determine any new signings ... nobody leaves, then nobody new signs ... that would be OK with Winks, Onomah, Rose, Toby who are all squad players who hardly played last season .... if you paid any attention at all, Dembele, Toby, and Danny have all said no decision will be made until after the World Cup ...

Negativity for the sake of it ... are you John Thomas in disguise ?????
That's probably the biggest load of shit this forum has ever heard. All this nonsense about key signings being new contracts for our important players and then we should somehow be satisfied. Getting new contracts for the likes of Kane, Eriksen and Poch are the bare minimum we need to do in order to challenge for anything.

I see that the "Toby is a squad player" narrative is already gaining traction. Much like the "Trippier is better than Walker" thing we saw last summer

That's probably the biggest load of shit this forum has ever heard. All this nonsense about key signings being new contracts for our important players and then we should somehow be satisfied. Getting new contracts for the likes of Kane, Eriksen and Poch are the bare minimum we need to do in order to challenge for anything.

I see that the "Toby is a squad player" narrative is already gaining traction. Much like the "Trippier is better than Walker" thing we saw last summer

Yeah ... let's be like Woolwich and watch them all walk out the door for free ... some people are as dumb as stumps, but in your case that's unfair on the stump ......

Celebrating three successive seasons in the CL for the first time in our history ... I know that means nothing to 'Glory Hunters' and 'only Trophies count' fickle fans like you ... but I'll celebrate it all day long ....
Thats funny, because pretty much everyone to a man on this forum used to ridicule and laugh at Woolwich for having exactly rhat same mentality. (And rightly so)

Back
Top Bottom