Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen has 2 years left on contract, Vertonghen 1 year left, Dembele and Toby leaving this summer, Rose seemingly on the out as well. Fans have every right to be worried, it's not a given that we keep improving or that players will just blindly follow us.
Of course sammy will say that you are not proper spurs if you think this and that any player leaving us really wasn't that good anyway.

Not at all....good players leave us but when they leave they leave. What should I do? Cheer them on a Utd and Madrid?
No, fuck them they become the past.

If we sign Martial it will be great. If we don't sign our key players to new contracts and they leave it will be awful. Can't you see that the absolute bare minimum we need to do, to maintain the level we're at now is to hold onto our best players?

That would be true if you can guarantee that new signings will take us up a level. But there is no guarantee.
Under Poch we have signed:

Son
Toby
Trippier
Yedlin
Wimmer
Njie
Fazio
Nkoudou
Wanyama
Janssen
Sissoko
Sanchez
Moura
Aurier
Foyth
Llorente

Care to point out how many propelled us to the next level?
For me, Son, Trippier, Sanchez, Wanyama and Toby have made a difference, meaning that 5 players out of 16 have become an integral part of the team. Yet you still bang the same drum.

People want Martial before giving Moura a chance. Why?
People want Ndembele....you even want Grealish as if its some kind of proof of improvement. Then you will throw them in with the other signings that didnt work out and claim the club dont buy enough players.

16 signings (not including two keepers) in six windows renders that claim bollocks.

Come on guys, it is getting a bit tedious now.

Round and round and round and round we go.

You will never agree but both make some valid points at times.

:dierpochhug:
Too reasonable...
pick-a-side.gif

That would be true if you can guarantee that new signings will take us up a level. But there is no guarantee.
Under Poch we have signed:

Son
Toby
Trippier
Yedlin
Wimmer
Njie
Fazio
Nkoudou
Wanyama
Janssen
Sissoko
Sanchez
Moura
Aurier
Foyth
Llorente

Care to point out how many propelled us to the next level?
For me, Son, Trippier, Sanchez, Wanyama and Toby have made a difference, meaning that 5 players out of 16 have become an integral part of the team. Yet you still bang the same drum.

People want Martial before giving Moura a chance. Why?
People want Ndembele....you even want Grealish as if its some kind of proof of improvement. Then you will throw them in with the other signings that didnt work out and claim the club dont buy enough players.

16 signings (not including two keepers) in six windows renders that claim bollocks.
It's not the amount of signigns, it's the quality of them. We bought N'jie as a cheap alternative to Martial, Sissoko as an alternative to Isco, Moura as an alternative to Malcom (yet to see how this pans out), Nkoudou instead of Keita Balde and Fazio instead of Musacchio.

What about the one time we actually went out and spent some money? We brought in Davinson Sanchez who's had one of the best debut seasons I've seen and is probably the best young defender in the world

Last edited:
It's not the amount of signigns, it's the quality of them. We bought N'jie as a cheap alternative to Martial, Sissoko as an alternative to Isco, Moura as an alternative to Malcom (yet to see how this pans out), Nkoudou instead of Keita Balde and Fazio instead of Musacchio.

What about the one time we actually went out and spent some money? We brought in Davinson Sanchez who's had one of the best debut seasons I've seen and is probably the best young defender in the world

It’s not about choosing between Sissoko and Isco.
We can’t just players because you want them, we can only buy those available.
Isco is at Real Madrid....shall we kidnap him?

What’s Malcom done that’s so great?
You’re talking about Fazio and ignoring Toby...I’d rather Toby than Mussaccho these last years.

And there you go again.....Sanchez WASNT the one time we spent money.
I just showed you SIXTEEN signings.
Just because they don’t work out it doesn’t mean the club hasn’t spent money trying.
And before you say they need to spend more money to get quality, you need to remember that isn’t our policy.

Our entire England contingent cost about 10M

I only saw the last 20 mins- he looked good in some defensive moments, but didn't see much of his passing game. How did he do? Anyone watch the whole thing?
He had a good game throughout. One or two mixups but that is bound to happen to anyone. Looked a lot better than the opening game vs Japan.

Just saw that Barrios kid... Looks decent.

One thing that bothers me tho... His relatively paltry pricetag. Maybe if we paid double he might prove more of a success here. :goonermong:

It’s not about choosing between Sissoko and Isco.
We can’t just players because you want them, we can only buy those available.
Isco is at Real Madrid....shall we kidnap him?

What’s Malcom done that’s so great?
You’re talking about Fazio and ignoring Toby...I’d rather Toby than Mussaccho these last years.

And there you go again.....Sanchez WASNT the one time we spent money.
I just showed you SIXTEEN signings.
Just because they don’t work out it doesn’t mean the club hasn’t spent money trying.
And before you say they need to spend more money to get quality, you need to remember that isn’t our policy.

Our entire England contingent cost about 10M
I'm not going to bother arguing with you anymore you're to thick to understand any of the points being made

Back
Top Bottom