Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hahahaha little cunt.
He can be good potential, but ridiculous not. You're saying that just cuz you found every fucking thing positive and trying to justify every possible move the club could make.

The positive is that he's a good fucking player.

Agree. Id be very happy. He must have something about him to win all those trophies.
How many had Dele won when we signed him? OK not every lower league/prospect signing will have the impact Dele did, but come on - if he was Italy/Brazil/Netherlands U20 or U21 captain there'd be a completely different attitude to him.

We've seen over the last couple of years that Poch is the best coach in the country - look at what he's done with Walker and Rose, plus Shaw at Southampton, plus how he's brought on players like Kane, Winks, Davies etc etc. I'd trust him to get the best out of any player that 'superstar managers' (ie 100% reliant on someone else's chequebook) like Mourinho, Guardiola, Klopp etc would discard for lack of instant results, or other lower league coaches would not be able to bring on as well.

Anyone we sign has been targeted by Poch, all the speculation that payers like Malcolm, Kovacic, Bale, Milenkovic-Savic etc are Poch's first choice and Grealish, Cook etc are his 13th choices is total guess work. May be true, may be absolute bollocks. I'd be over the moon with a ready made, established superstar signing at CM, but in a world where pool are chucking around the cash they are and Palace are reportedly offering Meyer 170k a week is rather we stick to our guns and out perform all these other teams through savy scouting and coaching rather than risking our future or existence.

I appreciate I'm fueling the very thing I'm talking about by posting this, but I'd rather wait 6 days and see who leaves the club before hitting the panic button.

In this market with the amount of cash going around you stay still you fall behind end of we have clear needs.

Hard to judge till the window ends but not great. I also think like most fans we overrate our players, we got 3rd but obviously we can improve and with a manager like Poch this might be a once in a generation chance.

We got third playing all season away. Signing players all the time doesn't mean you move forward just like changing the manager doesn't help. We're in a great place in that we have a young squad that's getting better and better, barring a replacement for Dembele and Alderweireld if he leaves who else should we replace? A young talented forward would be a nice to have but would he be any better than Son?

All the other teams are signing loads of players because they have to. We used to be like that and we never moved forward.

We got third playing all season away. Signing players all the time doesn't mean you move forward just like changing the manager doesn't help. We're in a great place in that we have a young squad that's getting better and better, barring a replacement for Dembele and Alderweireld if he leaves who else should we replace? A young talented forward would be a nice to have but would he be any better than Son?

All the other teams are signing loads of players because they have to. We used to be like that and we never moved forward.

Dembele is old and Toby wants out. Anyway we lack certain players, I’d live a Kovacic or Martial, they have skill sets we don’t have, we are close to being a great team a really great team but just short.

It’s a great shame if we don’t live upto out potential and we are in danger of that, as for managers I wouldn’t change Poch for anyone.

Tons of Toby stories all over the place out there now.

Probably means he's off soon, but i doubt any of these papers have an idea what's really going on

I still think it makes sense to keep Toby and “lose” him for £25M next summer:
(A) we get another year of one of the best CB’s in the league
(B) Sanchez, CCV and Foyth all get a year more experience meaning potentially ready-made replacement might be in house already
(C) something might occur to correct the current crazy prices meaning a De Ligt is actually going for £30M rather than £60M
(D) he might get injured/perform poor/“do a Rose” in which case we might be able to keep him another year
(E) he may realise that he’s leaving £75k per week on the table by not signing a new deal and risking having to make a move summer 2019 and sign a contract

Listen to Poch's press conferences. He praises Sissoko on the regular and praises his work ethic and physical power. Sissoko is the one first team player that has managed to be out of favour with Pochettino and win back his trust. He's also a consumate professional willing to do whatever job on the pitch that Pochettino asks of him.

Pochettino likes and trusts Sissoko. Not much else to it

Could the "much else" to it be the fact that Poch feels obliged to glad mouth a player he insisted we pay a then record 30m fee and another 5m per year wages for 4 years, who he actually only trusted for 900 league minutes in his first season and 1300 in his second season (thats 2200 minutes out of nearly 7,000 available)?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom