Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How long should we wait for Toby to renew?

What happens if he forces a move away AFTER our buying window closes and leaves us in the shit in terms of CB depth (Foyth injured... Dier shackled to DM til further notice)?

We can't- after all this shit, he's definitely gonna run his contract down and let someone jailbreak him for 25m next summer. Even if he doesn't play, he'll pack his stupid twitter full of endless workout vids.

To me, I think we should sell him even if it means only taking 45m. Maybe even just 40m.
Dier can play some more games at CB (where he ought to be playing anyways) and Foyth can help out in addition to that.

The chance to pick up 45m, get rid of an unhappy player, save on wages, reinvest in the next first teamer, and bed them in with games is too big a chance to ignore.

Chatting shite. Standard.

What part? Dembele not being as good over the course of the season as he was in 15/16? Or the part where Rose couldn't get through Davies (who bettered Roses greatest ever season as a professional)?

Feel free to explain how Rose, who was fit enough for the bench from November onwards could get in our team and how Dembele had a much better season last year.

Only since we’ve become a buying team. He would love this in our selling days

Not anyone we can afford.

Milinkovic-Savic would be ideal but costs £100 million

If we show up to Lazio with 75m gbp, I truly believe they would crack and accept the fee.
They can't even offer CL ball to him, and have a very tough road to getting it this season.
That situation can't last too much longer...

Loads of Bournemouth games in Croatia too!?

You guys are lucky out there. Aston Villa AND Bournemouth games.
Hahahaha little cunt.
He can be good potential, but ridiculous not. You're saying that just cuz you found every fucking thing positive and trying to justify every possible move the club could make.

If we show up to Lazio with 75m gbp, I truly believe they would crack and accept the fee.
They can't even offer CL ball to him, and have a very tough road to getting it this season.
That situation can't last too much longer...

You don’t think United, Real, Juve, Chelsea wouldn’t wrap a deal if that were the case ?

Not saying he’s the big name signing I wanted, nor is he going to take us to the next level right now. But I really like Lewis Cook. Has always impressed when I’ve watched him.

Would probably rather see us sign someone more ready now and see how he develops over the next season

Rumors has it, Tottenham fans are listening to offers for Daniel Levy. Some clubs are drumming up interest and they are prepared to sell by the end of the window.

:levywtf:

You don’t think United, Real, Juve, Chelsea wouldn’t wrap a deal if that were the case ?

Maybe, but if so, that's fine because we would get a chance to make a bid at another target without their interference. They can't all spend unlimited money. Waiting for them to spunk their loads first before we reveal our real targets has been a big part of our transfer game for some time now.

What will it take for you to admit our strategy this window has been shambolic?

You can't seriously tell me that back in mid-May you were hoping we'd sign Lewis Cook to replace Dembele in our drive to move on from the past couple of seasons and win something?

What will it take for you to admit you haven't got a clue what our strategy is this window?

How can it be shambolic when we haven't lost any of our big names? Surely signing Kane makes it a great window?

It's not even the end of the window yet ffs. If Rose, Dembele and Alderweireld go and we don't replace them then that will be a shambles

What will it take for you to admit you haven't got a clue what our strategy is this window?

How can it be shambolic when we haven't lost any of our big names? Surely signing Kane makes it a great window?

It's not even the end of the window yet ffs. If Rose, Dembele and Alderweireld go and we don't replace them then that will be a shambles

In this market with the amount of cash going around you stay still you fall behind end of we have clear needs.

Hard to judge till the window ends but not great. I also think like most fans we overrate our players, we got 3rd but obviously we can improve and with a manager like Poch this might be a once in a generation chance.

Back
Top Bottom