Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haven’t heard much of him. Any idea whether he’s a good proposition?

Very similar to Harry Kane really in playing style. Excellent finisher.

Interesting that we were linked with Lobotka from Celta Vigo and now suddenly Maxi Gomez from the same team. Funny how that works.

They've already rejected bids from other clubs for £27,000,000 though as they want his release clause to be met. £35,000,000 I think it is.

Can't see us meeting that.

Also loves a bun

CBVgS42WcAAxbi8.png

or 10.

Regardless now of what happens in the coming days, I cant wait for 5pm Thursday! The minute the deadlines passes, i'm putting it to the back of my mind and looking forward to Newcastle. I love football but despise all the nonsense that goes with it, off the field politics and that rubbish.

I'm craving that match day feeling.

Haven’t heard much of him. Any idea whether he’s a good proposition?
He had a brilliant first season, scored 18, a goal every other game. In late July he said how happy he was at Celta and how he wanted to do even better next year. A couple of days back Marca said he has been injured (medial collateral ligament, right knee) since the game when France beat Uruguay, almost a month ago, and hasn't trained in the meantime. Celta doctors hope he'll be ready to go back to training this week

Buy out clause: €50 million

He's strong and pretty quick near the area, similar build and style to Agüero. Opposition fans will call him fat

Had a quick look at Lobotka there (YouTube innit). Looks quite good. Small with a low centre of gravity and has a stocky build so isn’t easily knocked off the ball.

Seems very capable of a high press and is quite a tenacious tackler. He’s also fairly two footed (although predominantly right) capable on his left though, which is a bonus compared to Brozovic who seems to be unable to do anything but stand on his left foot.

I think in my extensive research this would be a very good buy. Could be our Kante.

Bring back the old days when on most occasions the first you knew of a signing was reading on the back page of the morning paper.
I remember 40 years back when we signed Ardiles & Villa I was on the setee layed up with my annual bout of tonsillitis and me Mum brought the paper in and said "here ya go,maybe this will cheer you up".
Great memories

Back
Top Bottom