Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does this actually make them that much weaker? I don’t rate him that highly. Maybe I’m wrong. I’d love to see Madrid come in for hazard after the UK window shuts and Roman find the £££ too tempting to turn down

Are you joking? Caballero is an embarrassment of a keeper. I think Courtois is a very good keeper but even if he was average, he'd be a lot better than Caballero. Saying that, surely Chelsea will go out and sign a keeper? If not, they're one injury away from Rob Green starting :vert:

This just isn't true though. Apart from Sanchez and to a lesser extent Alderweireld, those players you mentioned are all punts who have been turned into good signings by our greatest manager in decades. The reality is our transfer strategy has been flawed for years and years. Our success on the field in recent seasons is for the most part in spite of our work in the market, not because of it, and anyone who has convinced themselves otherwise is just deluded.
Modric, Vertonghen, Bale ( who turned him into a world beater AVB ?) Berbatov.
So Dier, Davies Dele Trippier were just punts that Pochettino didn’t want, but turned into world class players anyway?
Janssen was a Levy disaster, along with Llorente Nkoudo, Njie, Stambouli or anyone who doesn’t make the grade.
Anyone we don’t get is becuase Levy didn’t back him, anyone we do get cheap is a punt/compromise coached to greatness by Pochettino, but if Pochettino can’t do anything with him , it’s Levy’s fault.
No doubt one of these will apply to Grealish
No way I’m a Levy sycophant but the hypocrisy is mad. He makes mistakes, yes. He also makes some good signings. He’s not a football man, so Imwould think he doesn’t choose them.
Pochettino isn’t flawless either.
Yes he’s great coach, but he makes mistakes too and that’s okay. Like wanting Janssen. Levy paid £18m for him.
Every other club makes errors with signings. We make no more than any other club.

Also, for a player he didn’t want, he seems to have plenty of time for Sissoko.

Last edited:
...and page 303 being on the screen in the pub was the equivalent of Soccer Saturday!

The times it would scroll round would jump out the chair when I saw “Sheringham 66” for our game

Much simpler times, I don’t remember billions of spurs fans filling pubs debating every second of the transfer window, just enjoy this great spurs side for god sake

Does this actually make them that much weaker? I don’t rate him that highly. Maybe I’m wrong. I’d love to see Madrid come in for hazard after the UK window shuts and Roman find the £££ too tempting to turn down
They have it covered.
Queens-Park-Rangers-v-Swansea-City-Premier-League.jpg

Back
Top Bottom