Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still, fuck him, gibbon-headed cunt

gibbon6.jpg
I think he looks like Mafalda!

140929092057_mafalda_promo_624x351_joaquins.lavadoquino.jpg

Interesting... I did an advanced Twitter search from this time last year, and although they did a birthday tweet for Dembele then, they didn't do one for Bale.
:sonhmm:

Following this URL should do what I did and list the SpursOfficial tweets between 15th and 17th of July 2018.

16th July 2017 on FB there was a birthday post for Bale... It's might just be this season the focus is on TW.

My sports clients are moving towards INSTA and TW this cycle, very much leaving FB behind as it's not seen as achieving cut-through.

In the positive,he has won things,is a leader on the pitch is quite good;)All we are looking for really.
My beef with it all is the wages he would be getting,the way this would unsettle players. If he realised the team wasn't being based around him,took a hit on his money and knew he was their to install a mentality to get over the line,and quite often be a sub,i would take a punt.
But none of this is going to happen,so its a no from me.

And as for the effing top knot...

Last edited:
For info

Bale has played 231 times in 6 seasons for RM (102 goals) compared to 203 times in 6 seasons for us (55 goals). So 36 games a season on average. He made 42 appearances for RM in 2018-2019.

exactly, the press also make a bigger thing out of his injuries almost alluding to the fact he was an expensive waste of money. Bizarre when you look at the cold hard facts. Whether he comes back or not (mostly likely not) it's a bad narrative and quite unjust. He has dragged them through some pretty big matches.

exactly, the press also make a bigger thing out of his injuries almost alluding to the fact he was an expensive waste of money. Bizarre when you look at the cold hard facts. Whether he comes back or not (mostly likely not) it's a bad narrative and quite unjust. He has dragged them through some pretty big matches.
I don't think anyone is doubting his quality.
I just don't want a "Billy bigballs" turning up and peeing off the players on less than him.

Think he would be more than a sub... get your point... he's not a 'super' sub where he is so it's a step up.

Can't see it happening but assume it's being used in the negotiations for an on-going transfer

2018/2019: 41 Apps (25 starts)
That still leaves us having to pick up a tab of £270,000-£ 300,000 a week, 75-100% more than any other player for an injury prone 30-year-old who you can't see being the life and soul of the "Tottenham family".

Fuck that

Indeed... He may be hanging in there physically for now (41 apps last season), but he'll fade fast (especially against the more physical teams in the EPL; of which there are many)..... Do we still wanna be forking out 300kpw for him in a couple more years for maybe a bunch of cameos and 5-10 goals a season (if we're lucky).....

I don't think anyone is doubting his quality.
I just don't want a "Billy bigballs" turning up and peeing off the players on less than him.

Not disagreeing with you but you could also argue that our lesser players could be inspired by him and learn a lot from him

This rumour isn’t going away so could have legs

Wonder what Poch thinks

Back when I were a lad I was banging this tidy blonde sort. She had gorgeous tits, so perfectly formed that she rarely wore a bra, and had the sweetest and tightest mango I’ve ever had the pleasure to taste and enter. She was quite up front that I was just a shag to her - she was into richer, older guys - but I was more than happy being her fucktoy, and what great memories I had of passion-filled nights with her, memories to last a lifetime (although maybe not nights to tell the grandkids).

We became closer, verging on to a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship whereby she’d start getting pissed off if I went AWOL for a few days on a bender with the lads. I think she got a bit concerned we were becoming too close as, like I said, rich guys were more her type, but rather than be honest and say she wanted to end it she just shunned my texts and calls hoping I’d get the hint, which of course I did but was mightily pissed off.

Fast forward a year or so and I get a “Hello stranger” text out of the blue, and despite the temptation to respond, I decided fuck her, I’m over it and have moved on. Yes, we had some memorable nights, and yes I had the time of my life, but since then we’d gone our separate ways and were in different places to where we were back then. I even had a better job by this point and, whilst certainly not rich, could’ve afforded at least some of her high maintenance. But I stuck to my principles, figure I was better off without her, and gave her a taste of her own medicine by ignoring what was clearly a booty call.

Do I regret it? Fuck yeah, I totally should’ve given her one or two more bangs as I’ve not slid into a snatch as nice as hers since then. I totally should have put pride to one side, instead remembering what great times I had with her and looking forward to having a few more.

My point is for those trying to make a rational argument against having Bale back at the Lane. To those people, I would ask this question: if Bale hadn’t played for us preciously and used us as a stepping stone (and, to be fair, every single team in the world, Man Utd in their pomp included, eg Beckham, Ronaldo could be seen as stepping stones to RM) then would you still feel we are better off without him, or would you jump at the chance to sign a world-class player who scored THAT overhead kick against Atletico in a final that was almost lost?
So do you ever think you will get back together with your sister?

As he used to do with us lest we forget

That still leaves us having to pick up a tab of £270,000-£ 300,000 a week, 75-100% more than any other player for an injury prone 30-year-old who you can't see being the life and soul of the "Tottenham family".

Fuck that
Yeah I’m with you on it

I mean I was at the Lane for all of the Bale years and I still remain of the opinion it was a privilege to watch him perform at that level

Literally dragging us through games with constant moments of brilliance and wonder goals

Genuinely world class

But I can’t get my head past how easy he finds it to strike (passively) and be content to not play football (yeah money)

With injuries and this attitude it’s a gamble too far

I was actually for it until recently..... Original Bale we win the league

Heart v head

We are acting like players like Bale, Rose, Toby are ready for retirement. Toby and Rose were awesome last season and if anyone can be bothered to watch Bales highlights from last season he still had a lot to offer. Still think he needs to reduce his wage demands to level with Kane which would show what he is chasing.

Yeah I’m with you on it

I mean I was at the Lane for all of the Bale years and I still remain of the opinion it was a privilege to watch him perform at that level

Literally dragging us through games with constant moments of brilliance and wonder goals

Genuinely world class

But I can’t get my head past how easy he finds it to strike (passively) and be content to not play football (yeah money)

With injuries and this attitude it’s a gamble too far

I was actually for it until recently..... Original Bale we win the league

Heart v head

I remember that too and maybe he’s just pissed off with the RM fickle fans and doesn’t get on with ZZ

Maybe looking for one last challenge?

What do Hercules and Trix say?

Back
Top Bottom