Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I for one, will breathe a sigh of relief when Toby’s release clause expires at midnight tonight!
IMHO there is a real chance he will extend if so.

He will have learned the hard way, that there really are few if any takers for him even with a marginal fee at the wage levels he tries to command.

I'm not so sure why people people take such great joy in claiming that players certain players are shit, and then celebrate the fact that they believe they were proven correct.

I do. It's because they are probably being knocked for their opinions beforehand.

It's not okay, but it's reality.

Bollocks. In his time with the style of the game, he was light years ahead. One of the great innovators. Maybe in todays game he wouldn't be quite the legend but you have to think of him in context. I think that was one of the sillier remarks on this thread.
It was obviously somewhat tongue in cheek, but I genuinely think you cannot claim someone who played his entire career in Brazil, in a league that was semi pro and apparently barely had an offside rule, as the greatest or even one of the greatest players ever.

I'm not so sure why people people take such great joy in claiming that players certain players are shit, and then celebrate the fact that they believe they were proven correct.

I’d prefer them to be world class but I know they aren’t. It’s not joy I feel, it’s cold flat out expecting nothing more from them.

If you’re still surprised by Dele and Eriksen being crap, I can’t help you.

Yes, because you're becoming tedious and derailing the thread. That's the reason I gave when foul voting you: "thread derailing".

Tbh I'm also getting a bit tired of sammyspurs sammyspurs finding a way to criticise Dele and Erikson in every stream but you can just scroll on and not engage.

If some wanna bin him then fair enough but you doing it is a massive case of pot and kettle after your Lamela hate fetish!

I'm probably the only one but i actually think sammyspurs sammyspurs has a good point. Dele and Eriksen are two of our so called "superstars" yet they only play well 1/5 times they step onto the pitch and are very rarely dropped. I'm hoping the links to Dybala/Lo Celso (if they do come here) might give them a kick up the ass if they start to find themselves benched regularly.

It was obviously somewhat tongue in cheek, but I genuinely think you cannot claim someone who played his entire career in Brazil, in a league that was semi pro and apparently barely had an offside rule, as the greatest or even one of the greatest players ever.
Won't waste my time.

Dele and Eriksen are two of our so called "superstars" yet they only play well 1/5 times they step onto the pitch and are very rarely dropped.

:dembelelol: :dembelelol: :dembelelol:

Is there some award for saying the most fucked up things I haven’t heard about? If so, we’ve got a contender!

I guess Dele only stepped up in 26 PL games in his career - good thing he decided to make 42 goals and 32 assists in those games:gallashmm:

Back
Top Bottom