Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BWhWvFM.png

bw1xP3R.png

:pochshock:

You said we would be similar to last season, and said 'meh'. I would argue that the fact we reached CL final last season and league form was only bad at the end due to injuries and squad depth, the fact we've made some improvements in the transfer window puts us in a great position.

1. I didn’t say that. I was strictly talking about your proposed starting 11 which I don’t think is an upgrade from last year’s best 11.
2. You do realise that we were basically bottom of our CL group to start of (that’s the first half of the season) and that we had lost 5 PL games in the first half of the season (that’s just 2 losses short of our total losses in the 17/18 season).

You’re not only misquoting me but also misrepresenting the facts of last season.

As long as we sign a recognised right back I couldnt give a shit about who else we get. We had a gaping Dembele shaped hole that is now filled with Ndombele, we just sold our first choice right back and clearly plans were there to play Foyth there (which I think is daft, hes a centrehalf, potentially a CDM in the future) and with the the other two options at RB not fancied at all by the manager over the past two years that position NEEDS replacing.

If we get Lo Celso / Dybala / Fernandes / Iniesta / Pele etc in attacking midfield/inside forward thats great, im pleased, but its not where we need squad depth. In fact theres a part of me that thinks it might continue to give Lucas less game time, and I love his "fuck you im doing to take you all on" style. Might not work all the time but frequently it brings some much needed pace and directness to our all round game when its gone flat.

This is the oldest unresolved discussion on this thread.

When people have been asked to name available top class RB's there has then been a silence.....followed by maybe Atal...… ONE RB. So maybe that's why a RB wasn't on Poch's list this summer.

With Foyth injured, maybe we might be looking at one now, but it'll be a last minute job imo

Also the spurs Spanish speaking official account posted "vamos spurs" with a pic of the stadium 10 minutes ago.

Nothing unusual normally but why randomly post that at 11pm. I'm probably reading too much into it but I reckon Latino spurs fans could be very happy tomorrow.

Dybala's image rights were sold to a Maltese company when he was a teenager.

My family is Maltese. I've seen arguments over who will pay the caterer as the casket was being lowered which caused the priest to tell them to shut up.

I've also seen brothers not speak to each other for decades over a $50 loan.

Going out with the extended family for a meal was an event it itself. People counting how many spring rolls were eaten by whom were the least of the problems at payment time. The only good thing was knowing so many people would be offended there wouldn't be another one for five year.

The Maltese will make Levy blush with how money grubbing they truly are.

If only I could form the above into a poem I could be quoted by the SC ITK but I'm triggered as fuck just remembering it.

This is the oldest unresolved discussion on this thread.

When people have been asked to name available top class RB's there has then been a silence.....followed by maybe Atal...… ONE RB. So maybe that's why a RB wasn't on Poch's list this summer.

With Foyth injured, maybe we might be looking at one now, but it'll be a last minute job imo
Or they mention Max Aarons who just signed a new deal, but no doubt if he smashes this season he doesn't stay at Norwich whether they stay up or not.

1. I didn’t say that. I was strictly talking about your proposed starting 11 which I don’t think is an upgrade from last year’s best 11.
2. You do realise that we were bottom of our CL group (that’s the first half of the season) and that we had lost 5 PL games in the first half of the season (that’s just 2 losses short of our total losses in the 17/18 season).

You’re not only misquoting me but also misrepresenting the facts of last season.
It's not all about starting XI though, you have too think about squad depth before you declare the transfer season as 'meh'.
I think personally that starting XI is better than our best XI from last season. Maybe put Lo Celso in midfield instead of Winks/Siss and have Lucas on the wing if you're being harsh.

Also in the CL, we got a bit unlucky early on in the group stage with a dodgy sending off. Losing to Barca with Messi on great form isn't so bad either. As for PL, it's so misrepresentative to talk about losses in the first half of the season, without mentioning the fact we had no draws. We were second above City for periods in January I remember.

Back
Top Bottom