Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ShoddyLimpingIvorybilledwoodpecker-small.gif

You disagree? You think Pochettino was an intelligent coach?

By the way, Alvaro Romeo (Spanish football correspondent) says Fekir is perfect for a club like Real Betis, and only turns up for the late kick-offs.

You've said this already.

One of the most efficient recruitment teams in Europe over the last 4 years or so said he was worth signing for 40m.

Who to believe eh...

You've said this already.

One of the most efficient recruitment teams in Europe over the last 4 years or so said he was worth signing for 40m.

Who to believe eh...
I said it was said on one of our favourite podcasts. And you dismissed my point because you thought it was Julien Laurens who said it. He did indeed say something to that effect, but now I am telling you that I have gone back and checked, and Romeo agreed with him, and said that the fat man is "perfect for a team like Betis" and only tends to show up for the late kick-offs.

Did Liverpool sign Fekir?

bus-conductor bus-conductor .

And when I speak about cerebral players, I am not referring to tactical intelligence. I am referring to players who do not bumble. Players with fabulous technique and great vision. So I will answer the question for you. RBL do not have a single cerebral player. And yet, they are relatively awesome.

bus-conductor bus-conductor .

And when I speak about cerebral players, I am not referring to tactical intelligence. I am referring to players who do not bumble. Players with fabulous technique and great vision. So I will answer the question for you. RBL do not have a single cerebral player. And yet, they are relatively awesome.

Technique and great vision are two very different things.

How is your statement relevant and/or contradictory to anything I have said?

It's like you are suggesting I have said that all that matters is cerebral dexterity. I have not.

Why didn't they sign him?

Have all of their signings been successful?

Fekir’s former agent Jean-Pierres Bernes has disputed the player’s claims, however.

Bernes, whose working relationship with Fekir ended in April, told L’Equipe: “He has to stop this show and stop taking people for fools.

“Everyone knows what happened. The transfer to Liverpool turned around for two reasons. The first is his knee, even though the English club were willing to make an effort on this.

“The second is the appearance of a foreign pseudo-representative, who asked for the negotiations to be resumed from the beginning at the moment of signing.

“Between this episode and the medical visit, Liverpool’s leaders decided to abandon the transfer.”

Technique and great vision are two very different things.

How is your statement relevant and/or contradictory to anything I have said?

It's like you are suggesting I have said that all that matters is cerebral dexterity. I have not.
I asked you a very simple question. I asked you if Nagelsmann had any cerebral players. You said you didn't know. So I am putting you in the picture; he does not. Serious athleticism in his team, however.

Fekir’s former agent Jean-Pierres Bernes has disputed the player’s claims, however.

Bernes, whose working relationship with Fekir ended in April, told L’Equipe: “He has to stop this show and stop taking people for fools.

“Everyone knows what happened. The transfer to Liverpool turned around for two reasons. The first is his knee, even though the English club were willing to make an effort on this.

“The second is the appearance of a foreign pseudo-representative, who asked for the negotiations to be resumed from the beginning at the moment of signing.

“Between this episode and the medical visit, Liverpool’s leaders decided to abandon the transfer.”

Ah, yes. His brother-in-law (I think) stuck his beak in, and wanted to renegotiate the wage packet, was it?

If he goes to Woolwich, you will have some hard decisions to make.

Last edited:
I asked you a very simple question. I asked you if Nagelsmann had any cerebral players. You said you didn't know. So I am putting you in the picture; he does not. Serious athleticism in his team, however.

What I should have said was, I would have to watch them more with this question in mind to specifically address it. They have a very intelligent coach. They clearly have players that can follow his coached instructions, that takes intelligence and/or cognitive ability.

Could it be that you underestimate these factors in the RBL team?

let me ask you a question.

Who do think has more intelligent players, as a group, Spurs or RBL? And I mean in the footballing sense obviously.

Outstanding in one particular game. A sexy fixture. Under the lights. The point they were both making was that he is inconsistent, and lacks the right type of hunger.

He made a fool of Militao, they say, who is a CB who was filling in at right-back.

But his career stats don't support that bullshit do they?

How much did you watch him at Lyon?

The danger of basing your opinions on the sound bites of others.

Back
Top Bottom