Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My original point was you dont stop buying because you have some good players and that is common sense followed by even the most successful clubs.

I contradicted the following statement (as it was a misrepresentation):

"I remember a similar argument 2 and 3 years ago 'how do we improve our team' and look where that led us."

The core of my retort:

"The argument presented wasn't "can't" but "at what price would it take to upgrade the first XI".

As much evidence of it being true as there is of it not being true.
Really Sammy? Is this where it's come to? This is positively trumpian right here.

Never fucking change Sammy. You make me laugh everyday. And BTW I will use this one at some point in the future when I say some outlandish shit so I want to give you credit beforehand.

Really Sammy? Is this where it's come to? This is positively trumpian right here.

Never fucking change Sammy. You make me laugh everyday. And BTW I will use this one at some point in the future when I say some outlandish shit so I want to give you credit beforehand.
Errr there is zero evidence both ways.
Could be true, could be false.

Not sure it’s actually possible to disagree with that.
Not believing him doesn’t make you right, just as much believing him wouldn’t make you right.
That’s just factual.

City walked away from Van Djik? I know they balked at Maguire (rightfully)...

And as we know, Andy Carroll is Harry Kane if he never got injured, so £35m is a bargain.

That will be one of peps biggest regrets at city. That swung things massively in Liverpool's favour. Imagine if he had gone to city instead of liverpool.

Last edited:
City walked away from Van Djik? I know they balked at Maguire (rightfully)...

And as we know, Andy Carroll is Harry Kane if he never got injured, so £35m is a bargain.
That will be one of peps biggest regrets at city. That swung things massively in Liverpool's favour. Imagine if he had gone to city instead of liverpool.
The way I heard it City were prepared to pay more than Liverpool for him but he only wanted to play for Klopp after meeting him.

I remember a similar argument 2 and 3 years ago 'how do we improve our team' and look where that led us. You can always improve. Of your list Lloris and Toby arent the standard they were, there should be some succession planning there. Moura is just average, he doesnt offer nearly enough goals or assists for an attacking player and Dele has had injuries the last 2 years and has dropped a level, he may get it back he may not.

It’s pathetic mate. Can’t improve a team that have won fuck all for the best part of 12 years 😂 it beggars belief how far certain Spurs fans go to try and justify this losers mentality we have adopted for so long. If we were Liverpool winning titles and champions leagues, then you can kind of understand that stance of we can’t improve much. Spurs have done nothing as a club, so what in the hell do people come to the conclusion that Spurs can’t improve ? Complete delusion

Last edited:
I remember a similar argument 2 and 3 years ago 'how do we improve our team' and look where that led us. You can always improve. Of your list Lloris and Toby arent the standard they were, there should be some succession planning there. Moura is just average, he doesnt offer nearly enough goals or assists for an attacking player and Dele has had injuries the last 2 years and has dropped a level, he may get it back he may not.

Yet some fans think that not one bit of that applies to a manager.....

Weird

Errr there is zero evidence both ways.
Could be true, could be false.

Not sure it’s actually possible to disagree with that.
Not believing him doesn’t make you right, just as much believing him wouldn’t make you right.
That’s just factual.
You needn't explain Sammy. I'm there with you buddy. I don't even know what was said. My response was about this:
As much evidence of it being true as there is of it not being true.
This has me covered for alot of statements. For instance, RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK was abducted by aliens and particpated in a multi-year long (our time) anal probe bacchanalia only to be returned back in time with no memory of said proceedings beyond the bacon strips in his Y fronts.

What's that you say? Well, there's as much evidence of it being true as there is of it not being true.

You needn't explain Sammy. I'm there with you buddy. I don't even know what was said. My response was about this:

This has me covered for alot of statements. For instance, RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK was abducted by aliens and particpated in a multi-year long (our time) anal probe bacchanalia only to be returned back in time with no memory of said proceedings beyond the bacon strips in his Y fronts.

What's that you say? Well, there's as much evidence of it being true as there is of it not being true.
Probably happened, would explain why he’s become such a bore

Also liverpool are in such a strong position massively due to breaking world record transfer fee's, they can now pull out of transfers if the bidding gets too high & still be a million times better than us. We aren't in that position due to not paying whats required. The solution? Carry on not paying what's required!
Its been said a dozen times...those two transfers were funded by selling their star player at the time. Klopp got them to their first champions league final on 700k net.

How woukd you have reacted if we had done the same, by selling Kane? I guarantee that at the end of that season with a losing final and a scraped 4th place you woukd have spent the whole summer whining about selling our best players, being a feeder club and so on.

I see Stephen Sessegnon went to Bristol yesterday.
Weren't a lot of our super scout fans that know everything about everyone saying we only signed Ryan so we could also get Stephen, who was the real star?

I kind of agree with this.

We've been linked to quite a few different strikers now, all built in different ways and different styles to their play.

I don't expect a striker in by this weekend's game, but certainly will by next week.

It's a smoke screen to buying no striker.

Back
Top Bottom