Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've seen reports it will cost us 9 million total ('worst' case reports say 15 million).

Given the huge lift he will give everyone, and the fact he will almost certainly improve our chances of doing better in all competitions, that is a ludicrous comment from Keys. Given the way the transfer marketing is now that's a bargain. Yes we're paying off the stadium, but we are still one of the biggest/richest clubs.

The far riskier option would have been buying nobody, and bombing out of all cups because our squad's too thin
Stadium financing is also not hampering the club in anyway. Its a billion pound asset and the loan interest would basically be covered by a naming rights deal. Spurs were able to get the Bank of England loan because of the club credit rating, which is superb.

It's a complete non-story.

I think the only accurate part of that tweet is that he will be on BEIN Sports today.

Even sniping Liverpool’s spending makes no sense to me. They added one of the best creative midfielders in the world and are set to add one of the best U23 attackers in the PL. What is confusing about this?

Even sniping Liverpool’s spending makes no sense to me. They added one of the best creative midfielders in the world and are set to add one of the best U23 attackers in the PL. What is confusing about this?
Most football pundits can't even provide basic analysis of a match, let alone understand club finances.

Stadium financing is also not hampering the club in anyway. Its a billion pound asset and the loan interest would basically be covered by a naming rights deal. Spurs were able to get the Bank of England loan because of the club credit rating, which is superb.

It's a complete non-story.

Yup, the loan was only available to companies with AAA credit rating (highest credit rating ie minimal chances of default on repayment of the loan) and which had contributed to UK public life (eg taking in part of North Middlesex Hospital during covid to allow the main hospital buildimng to focus on patients with covid).

Strange Keys has ignored all that.

Yup, the loan was only available to companies with AAA credit rating (highest credit rating ie minimal chances of default on repayment of the loan) and which had contributed to UK public life (eg taking in part of North Middlesex Hospital during covid to allow the main hospital buildimng to focus on patients with covid).

Strange Keys has ignored all that.
Exactly. Honestly, I don't know why I'm even bothering.

Calm down everyone, apparently Levy struck a deal with Premier sports to announce Reggie and Bale , the delay is down to technical difficulties and they will be announced ASAP!

I dont think we have really addressed our biggest issue this window

Our midfield is an unbalanced and technically bereft mess barring Lo Celso who always seems to be on the cusp of an injury

However at least these couple of signings along with Doherty are showing that we are trying to improve the team without sell on value being the only criteria that matters

A little bit of ambition to win and win now

That's all you can really ask for but we definitely have to address our midfield at some point if we are ever going to challenge for the big prizes

I dont think we have really addressed our biggest issue this window

Our midfield is an unbalanced and technically bereft mess barring Lo Celso who always seems to be on the cusp of an injury

However at least these couple of signings along with Doherty are showing that we are trying to improve the team without sell on value being the only criteria that matters

A little bit of ambition to win and win now

That's all you can really ask for but we definitely have to address our midfield at some point if we are ever going to challenge for the big prizes
Once Ndombele settles in and Sissoko and Winks are relegated to the bench I think it would be far more balanced

Winks and Sissoko are / were - and baffling so
We’ve played one league game.
We played our new CM for 90 minutes, Winks got an hour, Sissoko came on at half time.
They were on the pitch together for 15 minutes and at no time were both in central midfield together as Sissoko was out wide right until Winks was subbed off for Bergwijn

It’s not the same team.
We have Hojbjerg now.

We’ve played one league game.
We played our new CM for 90 minutes, Winks got an hour, Sissoko came on at half time.
They were on the pitch together for 15 minutes and at no time were both in central midfield together as Sissoko was out wide right until Winks was subbed off for Bergwijn

It’s not the same team.
We have Hojbjerg now.
Was referring to last season under Mourinho

Which is why it wasn't the first time we employed the diamond that year...

...and then we employed it more permanently. Do keep up.

While also playing the diamond periodically in the first half of that year...

No need to...
But I’ve already told you January was when we made a permanent transition as opposed to experimental use of it in some games.

You tried to make out we went to shit because Dembele wasn’t replaced.
I told you he featured in just ten games and we had amassed 42pts in the first half of the season.

Only Liverpool and City (48 and 44) had done better. It was the first time three teams had got over 40pts by Christmas since 1985.
I showed you this earlier.

So how come it was the window and not replacing Dembele?
Can you explain your thinking here without trying to be funny?

Oh no, you can’t can you.

Back
Top Bottom