Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow that's a tough one, I reckon with sponsorship and TV rights plus everything thrown in maybe 80-100m.

As long as the season is completed TV money is going nowhere...

In the previous page I began canvassing opinion in terms of the remaining things such as match-day revenue, NFL money etc. between now and the start of next season....

I only managed to get clock up £12m quids worth but wondering if I'm overlooking any other income sources.

5 home games remain. 800000 x 5 = £4m
+ NFL games x 2 = £4m
+ NFL matchday revenue x 2 = £1.6m
+ Lady Gaga + GnRoses gigs (Presumably rescheduled so not lost revenue; just delayed.) = £0

= £9.6m lost.

Obviously there'll will be additional stuff to add to that I've not considered.... Anyone care to add to that list?
Talk the AJ fight will be moved to a smaller stadium, so that could be another big loss
So lets guess based upon the NFL we hire the stadium out at circa 2m a pop....

That takes us to £11.6m

....Anymore for anymore?

When there are club employees in danger of losing their livelihoods due to the pandemic, I do not want us to spend £50m on a player.
I don't think there is a snowball's of any club anywhere spending that much.
The public reaction would be severe.
I'd be surprised if there were many £10m plus transfers even for the likes of PSG.

Last edited:
I don't think there is a snowball's of any club anywhere spending that much.
The public reaction would be severe.
I'd be surprised if there were any £10m plus transfers even for the likes of PSG.

Naive....

Subject to the season finishing with TV money in tact, I think the richest leagues will have been over-estimating how much they'll have lost in revenue.... Let's go large and say it'll be £20-30m each club..... That's a mere blip for clubs that routinely spend 1 or 2 hundred million every window.

As long as the season is completed TV money is going nowhere...

In the previous page I began canvassing opinion in terms of the remaining things such as match-day revenue, NFL money etc. between now and the start of next season....

I only managed to get clock up £12m quids worth but wondering if I'm overlooking any other income sources.
It is a good question you posed, I would expect attendance figures to be down for a while until this virus is under lock and key in as much as it can be.
I reckon it maybe a season or two before the club invests heavier, but that applies to all clubs even Barcelona have mentioned it has affected them and they are top three in the world.

It is a good question you posed, I would expect attendance figures to be down for a while until this virus is under lock and key in as much as it can be.
I reckon it maybe a season or two before the club invests heavier, but that applies to all clubs even Barcelona have mentioned it has affected them and they are top three in the world.

I couldn't begin to predict when the crowds will be allowed back; I'm just trying to deal with what we can safely assume.

I think the 2 big Spanish clubs are interesting though, considering their funding relationships with the state.

I couldn't begin to predict when the crowds will be allowed back; I'm just trying to deal with what we can safely assume.

I think the 2 big Spanish clubs are interesting though, considering their funding relationships with the state.
Yeah I think Madrid get bailed out by the government really dodgy, as for the effects I reckon the financial report when it's published will be interesting.

Today's front cover of Barcelona-based rag Mundo Deportivo

It says "Valued - Barça put a price on their transferable players in order to sign targets, especially Lautaro"

Can't say I have semi-hard schmeckel over any of them to be honest

catalog-cover-large.jpeg

Today's front cover of Barcelona-based rag Mundo Deportivo

It says "Valued - Barça put a price on their transferable players in order to sign targets, especially Lautaro"

Can't say I have semi-hard schmeckel over any of them to be honest

catalog-cover-large.jpeg

Pricetag for Semedo just doesn't add up to me.... 50m makes him one of the most expensive FBs ever yet he's been in the offing as far back as last summer... Just how good can this lad actually be? He was mooted at 30m back then too... One year less on his contract and still not nailed his spot yet he's now 'worth' 50m? Good luck with that....

Meanwhile they're linked with Can't-get-a-kick Cancelo: Four full-back options for Man City amid Joao Cancelo Barcelona links

Last edited:
Mou said we will have 'some money' but will be sensible
Much rather go along with this point of view than a journalist who hates spurs
I really hope that's the case. We're a well-run club financially - I think we could easily make a calculated risk to spend a little money this summer when the market has taken a hit and players, especially young talent from the lower leagues, is much easier to buy than in the last few years.

However, it may go against promises we've made to banks regarding our loans.

Back
Top Bottom