Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mou said we will have 'some money' but will be sensible
Much rather go along with this point of view than a journalist who hates spurs
Hope your right but I haven’t seen that quote anywhere, I saw him saying we will act “sensibly” and that we won’t be spending big money like “other clubs” out of respect for the pandemic and economic situation.

which by the way I thought was a great way of getting his digs in early to any club that does spend big on the summer:mourhandlaugh:

but none of that adds up to us having “some money” unless I missed the quote mate.

Today's front cover of Barcelona-based rag Mundo Deportivo

It says "Valued - Barça put a price on their transferable players in order to sign targets, especially Lautaro"

Can't say I have semi-hard schmeckel over any of them to be honest

catalog-cover-large.jpeg

I'll take Todibo for 25m but I don't think he'd cost that much either - that's his buy clause at Schalke and they've already said they can't afford it. Barca paid 1m for him 18 months ago.

Hope your right but I haven’t seen that quote anywhere, I saw him saying we will act “sensibly” and that we won’t be spending big money like “other clubs” out of respect for the pandemic and economic situation.

which by the way I thought was a great way of getting his digs in early to any club that does spend big on the summer:mourhandlaugh:

but none of that adds up to us having “some money” unless I missed the quote mate.
He said we won't be spending 'rivers of money' , If we weren't spending money he'd say we're not spending money.
The use of the word 'rivers' means we won't spend a lot of money. But Like I've always thoughts there will be some funds , very limited but if we can get creative with our dealings like I've seen many people suggest in this thread and DOF one , we'll do well with a small amount

He said we won't be spending 'rivers of money' , If we weren't spending money he'd say we're not spending money.
The use of the word 'rivers' means we won't spend a lot of money. But Like I've always thoughts there will be some funds , very limited but if we can get creative with our dealings like I've seen many people suggest in this thread and DOF one , we'll do well with a small amount
anyone got a stream?

Funny thing is we’ve always done better on smaller budgets in the past. The two summers where our best transfer business was done was when we bought Wanyama, dele and Toby. That was for around a combined 25 mill right? Less than we spent on Lamela or soldado.

hope we can pull off a few quality signings like that This time around.

Today's front cover of Barcelona-based rag Mundo Deportivo

It says "Valued - Barça put a price on their transferable players in order to sign targets, especially Lautaro"

Can't say I have semi-hard schmeckel over any of them to be honest

catalog-cover-large.jpeg
Semedo £10m
Junior £5m
Todibo £1m 50% wages
:levystare:

>get creative with the available cash.
>handy swap deals (definitely thinking KWP for Hojberg is on the cards).
>get Max Aarons, which will be significantly easier with the season not voided and Norwich almost certainly going down. I also suspect we've been tapping him up somewhat.
>Serge either goes or signs a new deal, with a second RB brought in with that cash if he leaves.
>Jan will go (I have no opinion on whether he should try to hold onto him, but do love the guy).
>Rose will be sold, Sessegnon might well be thrown into LB mode.
>our central defence will be made up of Alderweireld, Dier, Tanganga, and either Foyth or some youngster brought in by selling him.
>any net outlay will be for a backup striker, probably tall and older.

That's my prediction of what'll be happening this summer.

I hope the Ryan Fraser rumours are just that.
Very average.
Like I said before: we could potentially make a quick buck if he's semi-decent. The guy would be like the deal for Shaqiri and he'd probably be a good sub or rotation player against some lesser teams. Especially handy if we end up in the Europa League to be honest.

As far as the profile of free agent goes he's not bad at all.

I dunno man. I think it’s gone on far too long to still be putting it down to the “nobody would want to play behind Kane” excuse. I think it’s far more to do with our scouting/recruitment team than Kane.

Whomever we sign won't be 'playing behind kane'. They will be rotating with him. In the last couple of seasons Kane has had ankle and hamstring issues and has been forced to play too many minutes than his body can take.

Whomever comes in as backup striker will no doubt be starting a minimum of 20 games + more in sub appearances.

Kane's injury record

19/20 - 17 games missed (would have been more if season continued)
18/19 - 21 games missed
17/18 - 4 games missed
16/17 - 14 games missed

Considering how Rose is nailed on to be sold and so is Foyth..
We may also be selling the likes of Aurier/Lamela.
If we sell all of those players the amount of cash there is actually quite a lot.

If we sell all of those players the amount of cash there is actually quite a lot.

In football trf fee terms and given the level of teams we'd be required to sell to that won't generate a "lot" though.... Maybe the fee for one player given the price tag of the kind of players people typically deem good enough.

Laughably we'd be lucky to fund (eg) Aaron's with that lot.

Good point about the getting the digs in.

I think we will be ok, we won’t see spend like we did last summer but equally it won’t be a summer of 2018. If any club can balance the books transfer wise with ins and outs its us, we’ve had about a decade of practice!

I would add sissoko to that list too. I don’t see where he fits in and this summer might be the last chance to get a decentish sum for him.

Hope this is true, think he'll be a cracking player.

Tottenham are looking to beat a number of Premier League rivals to the signing of Bournemouth and Scotland winger Ryan Fraser, 26. (Football Insider)
:mourfacepalm:
Cracking player , 1goal and 5 assists this season. He's not Homegrown and he's not young. There's nothing in this deal which inspires me or excites me . Furthermore we're stacked in the LW position

And another thing , those who are comparing him to Shaqiri. Shaqiri was Stoke's best player and he was a lot better than Ryan Fraser was . Shaqiri was winning Stoke games on his own.

Cracking player , 1goal and 5 assists this season. He's not Homegrown and he's not young. There's nothing in this deal which inspires me or excites me . Furthermore we're stacked in the LW position

And another thing , those who are comparing him to Shaqiri. Shaqiri was Stoke's best player and he was a lot better than Ryan Fraser was . Shaqiri was winning Stoke games on his own.
That's me convinced then. Bring him in!!

Back
Top Bottom