Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cilla black Surprise surprise, Levy’s bum bandit Assfixx agrees with this statement. Lots of people want us to spend on quality because that’s what brings you success. Standing still and not spending a single penny that summer has completely fucked us. You and others are constantly making excuses for Daniel Levy. Liverpool and all the other top clubs spend on quality and strength in depth, low and behold they are league winners and European champions. We are going nowhere under our current regime.

You can’t reason with certain Spurs supporters mate. The likes of Assfixx are so blinded by their loyalty to the bald one and have almost accepted mediocrity as a positive. It’s utterly ridiculous how they can’t accept that spending on quality and strength in depth slowly builds success. Spurs don’t do this, hence why we have a pathetic 1 league cup in over 20 years.

(Straight in with the name calling and crude insults I see.... Funny, you claimed to be above such behaviour...)

Read the posts properly or don't respond you depressing, little cretin....

The talk was of our record signings and HOW we've spent our money.

...It's miserable twats like you that can't be sensibly conversed with; let alone reasoned with.

Yet, you and the other clown just agreed with this post too:

Man City spend loads of money, but crucially they spent it well.

Seriously; not a brain cell between you and ya buddy tommyboyspurs tommyboyspurs .:mourfacepalm:

Last edited:
Start at looking at the top 10 highest players purchased and you'd find that other than Son, Lo Celso and maybe Bergwijn, we've had a really bad experience (like 'goalscorer' Soldado) or at best average careers at Spurs like Sissoko (2 seasons to get going), ever injured Lamela, 'dont play me as a defender' Aurier, 'I may come good if I am played' Sanchez, 'what's an assist ?' Moura, or we are still waiting to see if they make it (Ndombele, Sessegnon)

That's why the statement 'spending on quality and strength in depth' is sadly pie in the sky - we've been burnt too often by those making 'footballing decisions' and fans thinking 'spend some money it never fails'.

that’s because our scouting network is horrendous. That doesn’t mean not spending isn’t the way forward. Every other top club spends to succeed and win trophies doing it. Spurs don’t win trophies, it’s as simple as that dude. Assfixx can agree with you all he likes, but you guys are definitely in the minority. Spurs fans are quiet rightly fed up of the way the club operates. They spend for profit and don’t spend to win trophies unlike Chelsea etc

that’s because our scouting network is horrendous.

It was dismantled by Poch.

Left to his own devices Levy favors a DOF model.... Connoli/Baldini.

I wish we'd go back to using one.

That doesn’t mean not spending isn’t the way forward. Every other top club spends to succeed and win trophies doing it. Spurs don’t win trophies, it’s as simple as that dude. Assfixx can agree with you all he likes, but you guys are definitely in the minority. Spurs fans are quiet rightly fed up of the way the club operates. They spend for profit and don’t spend to win trophies unlike Chelsea etc

We had a "How's ENIC doing?" poll just before Lockdown... Approx 75% of the forum gave them somewhere between a C and B equating to "good" but not "excellent".

Whinging cunts are in the minority; they just make a lot of repetitive noise on certain parts of the internet.

Why does your so-called majority never organise a single meaningful protest; I mean as "unacceptable" as they say the running of the club is you'd think it would be easy to make your majority voices heard... Especially with such a strong case....

You're so wasted merely spewing bitter bile at me on TFC, you really are.

Fight the power. :dawsonlol:

Last edited:
Cilla black Surprise surprise, Levy’s bum bandit Assfixx agrees with this statement. Lots of people want us to spend on quality because that’s what brings you success. Standing still and not spending a single penny that summer has completely fucked us. You and others are constantly making excuses for Daniel Levy. Liverpool and all the other top clubs spend on quality and strength in depth, low and behold they are league winners and European champions. We are going nowhere under our current regime.

There’s no excuse for the summer 2018 window, any idiot knows that. Show me the excuses I’ve made for him. Just because I don’t whine like a little bitch about everything, doesnt mean im happy with how all facets of the club are run. I just understand that it isn’t easy, if it was everyone would be doing it. I’m a patient adult, not a child who throws their toys out the park because everything isn’t run like their team on football manager.

Yet they have bought a lot of duds too for big money. Claudio Bravo, Mangala (£60m), stones to name but three.
2 goalkeepers, 6 full-backs...
He spent £100m just in those four players:

Claudio Bravo - £15.4m
Danilo - £26.5m
John Stones - £47.5m
Nolito - £13.8m

Can we afford those mistakes?

p.s: Benjamin Mendy for £47m, Rodri for £62m... They are playing games, unlike the others. But honestly, that´s another £110m.

Then you have Gundogan for £27m, Cancelo for £30m, Jesus for £30m.

Then you have the most successful ones: Mahrez for £60m, Laporte for £57m, Walker for £45m, Bernardo SIlva for £43m, Ederson for £35m, Sane for £35m.

All that for a team that already had Kompany, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Aguero, Sterling, David Silva.

There´s no comparison to be made.

Last edited:
2 goalkeepers, 6 full-backs... He spent 100m just in those four mistakes:

Claudio Bravo - £15.4m
Danilo - £26.5m
John Stones - £47.5m
Nolito - £13.8m

Cancelo approx 50m.
Mendy 50m

Not to mention the absolute shit-storm of money they pissed away then they first got rich... SWP, Santacruz, Robhino + 20-30m in old money thrown left, right and center on other questionable EPL vets.

Throwing shit at the wall is easy when you've got a bottomless pit of cash and FFP breaches at your disposal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom