Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Interesting article about McKennie. Sees himself as an 8. Seems to have the kind of character we need. Maybe a replacement for Lamela, Ndombele if one or both leave.

Really don’t think he’s what we need. He’s more like the midfield version of Moura, bright eyed and bushy tailed bundle of energy, but not heaps of discipline or composure to his game. Not the 6//DM we desperately crave.

Really don’t think he’s what we need. He’s more like the midfield version of Moura, bright eyed and bushy tailed bundle of energy, but not heaps of discipline or composure to his game. Not the 6//DM we desperately crave.
I don't see him as a DM, but maybe as a replacement for Sissoko or Lamela. But he's not coming, just speculation.

Last edited:
Part of our decline in the transfer market over the last 5 years is us moving away from what had worked previously and that is buying young British players. Started with Defoe, Robinson, Lennon, Carrick through to Bale, Walker and Alli. Over the last 4 years we were heavily linked with Joe Gomez, Maddison, Brookes and Grealish but didn't pull the trigger. Only Sessegnon comes to mind since Alli. You obviously need more than homegrown youngsters and a mixture is best but its why i'd be happy with the likes of Aarons, Godfrey, Eze (or Edwards back), add in Milik and a decent defensive midfielder and that would be a good window imo. Its easy to be sniffy but its served us well in the past and easier for them to settle.

Shame Leeds are going up from a selfish standpoint. Kalvin Phillips looks a talent in the defensive mid role.

Should be throwing money at Lucas Digne, but no idea what it would take for him to leave. No doubt way out of our range.

I still like the idea of Grealish but again no doubt too expensive. GLC and Grealish with a ball winning midfielder just behind would be really hardworking but with ability to play. Grealish is second in chances created to KDB so far this season.

Shame Leeds are going up from a selfish standpoint. Kalvin Phillips looks a talent in the defensive mid role.

Should be throwing money at Lucas Digne, but no idea what it would take for him to leave. No doubt way out of our range.

I still like the idea of Grealish but again no doubt too expensive. GLC and Grealish with a ball winning midfielder just behind would be really hardworking but with ability to play. Grealish is second in chances created to KDB so far this season.

Grealish is a big missed opportunity, guy is a quality footballer but we move on.

Back
Top Bottom